Important Announcement

See here for an important message regarding the community which has become a read-only site as of October 31.

Switch to Forum Live View No Spirit Guides coming forward...
3 years ago  ::  Mar 04, 2015 - 3:19PM #1
Journey1423
I've been on this spiritual journey for a couple months now. I meditate, started doing yoga, tried to learn to "connect with myself", & made life changes. I keep asking for a teacher or spirit guide, but noting happens.
In one of the YouTube "Guided Meditations" for meeting your spirit guide, I pictured a dog, but I don't know if that's just because I like dogs! It very well could've just been my imagination since you were supposed to keep your eyes open & looking at the screen.

Is there something wrong with me? Or something I'm doing wrong? I can't even visualize when I have my eyes closed while meditating, like some say to do. "Picture a ball of energy. Now visualize tha ball forming into [blank]." Everything is just... black... and empty.
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Mar 06, 2015 - 1:04PM #2
Stardove

Mar 4, 2015 -- 3:19PM, Journey1423 wrote:

I've been on this spiritual journey for a couple months now. I meditate, started doing yoga, tried to learn to "connect with myself", & made life changes. I keep asking for a teacher or spirit guide, but noting happens.
In one of the YouTube "Guided Meditations" for meeting your spirit guide, I pictured a dog, but I don't know if that's just because I like dogs! It very well could've just been my imagination since you were supposed to keep your eyes open & looking at the screen.

Is there something wrong with me? Or something I'm doing wrong? I can't even visualize when I have my eyes closed while meditating, like some say to do. "Picture a ball of energy. Now visualize tha ball forming into [blank]." Everything is just... black... and empty.

In my experience spirit guides will give us thoughts.  At times it will feel like we are thinking, but it can be out guides feeding us information.  Pay attention to those random thoughts which seem to come from no where.  There is nothing wrong with you.  You have begun a new journey and remember to enjoy the ride.

Beliefnet Community Wide Moderator ~ Peace Love Stardove

People change for two main reasons: either their minds have been opened or their hearts have been broken.
---Anonymous

Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook