Important Announcement

See here for an important message regarding the community which has become a read-only site as of October 31.

Switch to Forum Live View Are Angels for Real
4 years ago  ::  Apr 08, 2014 - 12:05PM #1
Stardove
Are Angels for Real?

A poll showed that eight out of 10 Americans believe in angels. There is evidence to back up their beliefs. Here are stories of angel encounters that will simply captivate you.  Read more »

www.beliefnet.com/Inspiration/Angels/ind...

A poll showed that eight out of 10 Americans believe in angels. There is evidence to back up their beliefs. Here are stories of angel encounters that will simply captivate you. read more »

Read more at www.beliefnet.com/Inspiration/Angels/ind...
Beliefnet Community Wide Moderator ~ Peace Love Stardove

People change for two main reasons: either their minds have been opened or their hearts have been broken.
---Anonymous

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Apr 23, 2014 - 11:16PM #2
Alex2165

Actually we not have to believe in angels, because Bible specifies precisely who they are. They are souls (spirits) and they are as real as we are.

Angels are spirits created by GOD for certain tasks and purposes. We on the other hand also angels, because we have souls as our primary energy of life and intelligence.

But because our soul confined in the physical body, we remain as human beings until we die.

When we die, our physical body returns to “dust”, but the spirit (soul) returns to GOD in the form of the angels.

About angels, this I found in the Bible:

Angels is not perfect beings, and they can error just like we do, and just like we are, they also divided on those who are faithful to GOD and those who do not.

Job 4.18

Words of Eliphas to Job

18.Even in His servants He puts no trust and His angels He charged with error,

Matthew 22.30

30.In the resurrection they neither marry nor are given in marriage, but are like angels in Heaven.

Mark 12.25

25.When they rise from the dead, they neither marry nor are given in marriage, but are like angels in Heaven.

Luke 20.33-36

33.In the resurrection therefore, whose wife will be the woman be? The seven had married her.”

34.Jesus said to them, “Those who belong to this age marry and are given in marriage,

35.but those who are considered worthy of a place in that age and in the resurrection from the dead, neither marry nor are given in marriage.

36.Indeed, they cannot die anymore, because they are like angels, and are children of GOD, being children of the resurrection.

As I explained in my post “Purpose of Life”, if we are to judge angels, this means we have a certain purpose and assignment in our life on Earth and in Heaven. And I will repeat again, that if we will endure our earthly hardship to the end and stay firmly in our faith in GOD, we will replace, another words, take position of those angels who fail the Lord as His servants, and this is the purpose of our creation by GOD and our existence.

Failure of angels.

Second Peter 2.4.10-11

4.If GOD did not spare the angels when they sinned, but cast them into Hell and committed them to chains of deepest darkness to be kept until the judgment,

Jude 1.6

6.And the angels who did not kept their own position but left their proper dwelling, He has kept in eternal chains, in deepest darkness for the judgment of the great day.

Judgment of angels.

1Corinthians 6.3

3.Do you not know that we are to judge angels, to say nothing of ordinary matters?

GOD never create anything without reason or a purpose, only humans do such things but not the GOD. If we do not know why GOD created angels and us, then it would be very hard to understand word of GOD, purpose of our life, and to achieve the ultimate goal to reunite with our Heavenly Father and His Son in Heaven.

But what the purpose of creation of the angels?

To Hebrews 1.14

7.And of the angels he (David) says, "Who makes His angels winds (spirits), and His ministers (servants) a flame of fire." (Psalm 104.4)

14.Are they (angels) not all ministering spirits, sent out to render service for the sake of those who will inherit salvation?

Before our physical world was created, the angels served the GOD Father and His Son as Their servants. But when some of the angels fail the Lord and became opposition to GOD, GOD created physical world and inferior to angels creatures like us. And now the angels serve those of us who will inherit salvation and the Kingdom of GOD, as indicated above.

Revelation 22.8-9

8.I, John, am the one who heard and saw these things. And when I heard and saw them, I fell down to worship at the feet of the angel who showed them to me,

9.but he said to me, “You must not do that! I am a fellow servant with you and your comrades the prophets, and with those who keep the words of this book. Worship GOD!”

And as Jesus numerous times stated that the weak and humble will be exulted and exulted will be humbled, this is exactly happen and between angels and us. This means that the righteous of us will judge the angels (1Corinthians 6.3), and will replace them in the service of our Lord.

Have we already become spiritually like angels by accepting our GOD and His commandments? Judge for yourself: Revelation 1.20,  2.1.8.12.18,  3.1.5.7.14

Interestingly enough, that angels usually appeared in the male form, but in one instance their appeared as females.

Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook