Important Announcement

See here for an important message regarding the community which has become a read-only site as of October 31.

Switch to Forum Live View The Holy Spirit As Guide
6 years ago  ::  Nov 29, 2011 - 12:35PM #1
Craig_w_dressler
Because I have made Jesus Christ my Savior and Lord, the Holy Spirit of God is my Spirit guide.  Through Bible reading, dreams and words of knowledge(pictures in my mind generated by the Holy Spirit) the Spirit of the living God speaks and directs my activities.  At times I miss it and misunderstand what He is saying, but the longer I walk with him and the more I read the Bible the better I get at following the Holy Spirit's directives.  Certain individuals in the Bible like Joseph and Daniel in the Old Testament are very instructive in the way they interpret dreams.  Such information greatly aids in understanding the Holy Spirit correctly.   
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Nov 29, 2011 - 8:35PM #2
Stardove

Nov 29, 2011 -- 12:35PM, Craig_w_dressler wrote:

Because I have made Jesus Christ my Savior and Lord, the Holy Spirit of God is my Spirit guide.  Through Bible reading, dreams and words of knowledge(pictures in my mind generated by the Holy Spirit) the Spirit of the living God speaks and directs my activities.  At times I miss it and misunderstand what He is saying, but the longer I walk with him and the more I read the Bible the better I get at following the Holy Spirit's directives.  Certain individuals in the Bible like Joseph and Daniel in the Old Testament are very instructive in the way they interpret dreams.  Such information greatly aids in understanding the Holy Spirit correctly.   

Craig,

Good for you to have chosen the path you are on.  The Holy Spirit and spirit guides are not the same.  Many believe spirit guides have lived on the earth as human beings once upon a time and decided to not reincarnate, but to help another soul who has chosen to be born on Earth. 

There are also some universal spirit guides who will help many souls on the planet at the same time.  I guess in much the same way you see the Holy Spirit working in your life.

Beliefnet Community Wide Moderator ~ Peace Love Stardove

People change for two main reasons: either their minds have been opened or their hearts have been broken.
---Anonymous

Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Dec 18, 2011 - 3:53AM #3
bellybeans

I also believe that I was made for God and the Holy Spirit truly directs me to his kingdom where I will live in joy and happiness forever.

Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook