Switch to Forum Live View Blindfolded and Chained Angel
4 years ago  ::  Apr 17, 2011 - 8:01PM #1
MG42
     There's a depiction of a blindfolded and chained angel at the 1:20 mark of this YouTube video of the opening movement to Richard Strauss's Also Sprach Zarathustra. Does anyone here know the name of the portrait and by whom it was painted?

Thank you.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=igAy4bG8Q6Q&feat...
Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Apr 17, 2011 - 10:50PM #2
Stardove

No I do not know, but I have a link to the picture in black and white.

i249.photobucket.com/albums/gg213/cloorl...

Beliefnet Community Wide Moderator ~ Peace Love Stardove
Problems? Send a message to Beliefnet_community

The sun rises every morning and sheds light, vanquishing the night's darkness. The rooster also rises every morning only, unlike the sun, he simply makes noise. But the darkness of the night is dispelled by sunshine, not by the rooster's crowing.The world can use more light and less noise. Where I can, I want to be light.

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Apr 18, 2011 - 9:41AM #3
MG42

Stardove:

Thank you for your rapid reply to my post. I'm sure I've seen that image before; that and the fact that you were able to so quickly post it on this thread must certainly mean that more information is available out there. Again, thank you.

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Apr 18, 2011 - 1:06PM #4
Beliefnet_community

Maybe the angels were helping.  I went to Google Images and the picture just happened to be the very first angel picture on the page.  I didn't see it in color like the video.

To be the first picture was actually amazing with so many pictures showing up in my search.

Stardove...sorry I forgot I was logged on as the B'net Community.  Blond moment for sure.

We are listening! Problems, complaints, other issues? Send us a message at Beliefnet_community.
Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Apr 18, 2011 - 1:23PM #5
Stardove

Now I'm back to being myself.  I did some more looking around in Google, but didn't find out any more.  Good luck with the search. 

Here is a link on Photobucket I just found which has the picture.  Maybe you can contact the person who posted the picture and find out where it came from.

media.photobucket.com/image/blindfolded%...

The sun rises every morning and sheds light, vanquishing the night's darkness. The rooster also rises every morning only, unlike the sun, he simply makes noise. But the darkness of the night is dispelled by sunshine, not by the rooster's crowing.The world can use more light and less noise. Where I can, I want to be light.

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Apr 18, 2011 - 2:14PM #6
MG42

Stardove:

Thank you once again for your efforts. I'll follow your advice and try to see what I can find out about the source of the picture from the person who originally posted it.

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Apr 18, 2011 - 3:20PM #7
Stardove

Forgot my manners...you are welcome.  :-)

Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook