Switch to Forum Live View Where do I go from here?
4 years ago  ::  Mar 30, 2011 - 1:50PM #1
Echo_of_me
A while back we were able to attend a Metaphysical church for while, during which time I was beginning to explore an understanding of Spirit guides. We moved away from that area over 10 years ago, so I've been on my own with it since then. While I had the benefit of guidance within the church, I was able to connect with a protective guide. At that time I was involved in some emotional healing work, leaving me unfocused; an impediment to clear communication.

During our weekly meditation and healing group I was able to remain grounded enough to see and hear my guide. He was a small man, with his face and hair decorated with what appeared to be mud. I asked when I would receive more clear guidance/guides, his answer was, " When you are on your knees." that could have meant more defeated, ( the healing work I was doing was profoundly debilitating,) or more humble, (at the time I was in the public  quite a bit as a designer and artist, as well as an activist.)

I've read a couple of books and worked with the techniques they provide in attempts to connect, or at least become aware of my guides, with little success. I've moved past the healing work, (as much as I can be), and have all but retired from my career, taking me out of the public eye, (humbling after so many years of having an audience). I clearly see twinkles of light from time to time, always in the same place, (I think I'm more at peace and less defensive there). My husband's sense is that it is my maternal grandmother, who transformed when my mother was 9. She never spoke English, so I'm assuming her communication would be outside of spoken language. Obviously, I really don't know what I'm talking about; just grasping here.

At this point in my life, my children are grown, my career is mostly in the past,(I do some work for non-profits from time to time), I am much more peaceful and receptive. I'm hoping to connect with my guides; to feel the kind of support that helps me a better person, and of more service to my family and others. I'm not saying that I don't serve now, I do, I just feel I have more to give. I also feel a need for some nurturing for myself, maybe that's selfish, yet I can't help but feel I could be and do more with more support. I also want to know those who helped me survive an extremely challenging life,(that's another story), some experiences from which most people never recover, (the statistics are less than 2%). I know I didn't do it alone, even accounting for the movement of the Divine in my life.

Any thoughts or guidance?
Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Mar 31, 2011 - 1:13PM #2
Stardove

I believe our spiritual guides are always with us.  Those random thoughts which seem to pop into our brains from no where might be a guide telling you something.  Things like knowing who is calling when the phone rings.  Thinking of a person and then seeing them or they call.  These types of things although small are our guidance coming through.

I believe we can talk to our guides, ask questions, then listen to our inner thoughts to see what comes through.  We just need to pay attention and know the different between our own thoughts and messages from our guides.

Check your area for metaphysical shops of sorts or metaphysical book stores.  Those who work there usually know what is happening in the area in the way of gatherings, circles, etc. for those seeking a spiritual path.

Beliefnet Community Wide Moderator ~ Peace Love Stardove
Problems? Send a message to Beliefnet_community

The sun rises every morning and sheds light, vanquishing the night's darkness. The rooster also rises every morning only, unlike the sun, he simply makes noise. But the darkness of the night is dispelled by sunshine, not by the rooster's crowing.The world can use more light and less noise. Where I can, I want to be light.

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Mar 31, 2011 - 2:37PM #3
Echo_of_me
Thank you for your response. We live out in the country, we've looked for the connections to which you refer, there are none here. I had hoped that I might find some insight here on Beliefnet. Oh well, no worries!
Thank you for your advice.
Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Mar 31, 2011 - 4:54PM #4
Stardove

Living in the country can making finding a physical spiritual (or earth based) community a bit of a challenge.  On the other hand it is delightful not to be surrounded by noise and traffic the city life brings.

You can find a community of like minded people here on Beliefnet.  It may not be the same, but we do connect with some over the web and it can feel like real friendships and community.

The sun rises every morning and sheds light, vanquishing the night's darkness. The rooster also rises every morning only, unlike the sun, he simply makes noise. But the darkness of the night is dispelled by sunshine, not by the rooster's crowing.The world can use more light and less noise. Where I can, I want to be light.

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Mar 31, 2011 - 5:50PM #5
Nonchristianheaven

I live in the country and if you are not Christian here, you'd better not say it.

It is scary to me to live where people are hateful to those who are the wrong religion or have the wrong skin color.

I liked it better when I lived in the city. I think I could have been with more like minded people there.

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Mar 31, 2011 - 6:03PM #6
Echo_of_me
I know what you mean. We've found acceptance here after being here so long, and volunteering in the community....but.....I keep my opinions to myself regarding sensitive subjects.
Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Apr 11, 2011 - 4:15PM #7
Echo_of_me
Some of that which I was seeking when I started this thread is becoming available to me. Perhaps the activity of generating a stronger waveform by the thinking/writing process has helped to facilitate this change. Certainly increasing my meditation practice has been instrumental as well.

I am a physical medium, and feel spiritual experience quite physically. I'm also a very visual person. I see, (not exactly with my eyes, it's further back inside my head), the glow that emanates from people and things, as well as some without physical form. While receiving inspiration from guides is a subtle thing, I've sought a stronger experience; that is just my way. Particularly as I'm croneing, and find my.'vision' growing more distinct than ever. Greedy? Maybe. Nevertheless, a more direct and visual experience is what I've asked for, and am receiving. Since I'm not very learned in matters of spirit guides, I didn't know better than to ask, fortunately.

I don't expect to always see images of my guides, yet I am comforted and privileged by the images that have been revealed thus far. I feel strengthened and empowered, more confident to move forward into being all that I can be, because I better recognize myself now.

Recently being criticized for who and how I am, has caused me to stand up inside myself, listen to the guidance being given to me, and take my personal power into my own hands. Having a more direct, sort of physical, and definitely visual, connection to my guides has truly been instrumental in this process of growth.

I had been swallowing the truth of who and what I am for far too long, for no other reasons than the comfort and convenience of those intimidated by that which is different from them. Animals attack that which they fear. While I have known intellectually, I have now been told/shown in no uncertain terms that their fear speaks of them, not me.

I feel the company and support of my guides beyond any doubt. I am so very grateful they have chosen to grant me the privilege of knowing them, helping me move forward in my personal transformation toward all that I am becoming.
Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Apr 12, 2011 - 4:06PM #8
Stardove

Echo, thanks for sharing your wonderful post. 

I believe we are never alone, because our guidance is always with us. 

It is none of our business what others think of us, so we don't need to be concerned by those who might be judgmental.  Best to send love and light to those who don't understand the path/s we are on and move on ourselves.  IMO.

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Apr 12, 2011 - 5:14PM #9
Echo_of_me
Stardove
Thank you for sharing your wisdom and offering me guidance in this matter.
My heart is lightened by the clarity of your point of view.
I will proceed as you have recommended.
Echo
Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook