Switch to Forum Live View Archangels as the Warriors of an Unconditionally Loving God....?
4 years ago  ::  Sep 07, 2010 - 11:51AM #1
Green.is.my.favorite.color

The title of my post is actually my philosophical dilemma. What IS the role of the Archangels in context of (my belief) God who loves without condition?

Could it be that Angels are the response to pure evil? Evil that threatens life and spiritual health?

See, I tend to be mystic in my beliefs. I believe that God interacts with us on an infinite number of vectors. Angels, and specifically, Archangels certainly can become a vector of God's movement. But are they Warriors.... and why does God need them/want them/use them AS warriors?

Thanks for considering my questions.

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Sep 11, 2010 - 11:52PM #2
Stardove

Sep 7, 2010 -- 11:51AM, Green.is.my.favorite.color wrote:

The title of my post is actually my philosophical dilemma. What IS the role of the Archangels in context of (my belief) God who loves without condition?

Could it be that Angels are the response to pure evil? Evil that threatens life and spiritual health?

See, I tend to be mystic in my beliefs. I believe that God interacts with us on an infinite number of vectors. Angels, and specifically, Archangels certainly can become a vector of God's movement. But are they Warriors.... and why does God need them/want them/use them AS warriors?

Thanks for considering my questions.

Archangels is a term meaning an angel of high rank. Archangels are found across a number of religious traditions.

There are different levels of angels.

The Rank of Angels:

In the 5th Century A.D., a Middle Eastern Scholar named Dionysius studied the references to Angels in the Scriptures and other non-biblical sources. He concluded that there were 9 "classes." or "choirs" of Angels which were divided into 3 "spheres." Even though there are some minor discrepancies in the field of Angel scholars, Dionysius' Hierarchy of Angels is still accepted today and are as follows (starting with those closest to God)"

1st Sphere - Seraphim, Cheribum and Thrones
2nd Sphere - Dominions, Virtues and Powers
3rd Sphere - Principalities, Archangels and Angels.

Archangels - probably the best known of all Angels. They carry God's most important messages to humans.

Since I do not buy in to the traditional fallen angels it is hard for me to understand warriors as far as fighting fallen angels. 

I do believe we have free will so perhaps the warrior aspect of these spiritual beings is to see if help can be given to those humans that would choose the darkness over the light.  Sometimes they lose the battles.

Beliefnet Community Wide Moderator ~ Peace Love Stardove
Problems? Send a message to Beliefnet_community

The words I speak and write carry energy and power, so I choose them with care and clear purpose. 

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Sep 13, 2010 - 12:37PM #3
Green.is.my.favorite.color

Thank you for  taking time to respond, Stardove. You pointed out some things which I never knew!

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Sep 13, 2010 - 8:27PM #4
in_my_opinion

Archangels and Angels are agents of God's Will. They do what is to be.

Unconditional love doesn't mean that God is not just.

Justice means there is both reward and retribution. God's Love can be infinitely tough.

Pity the cruel. They have no idea what is in store for them in both this world and in the next.

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Oct 06, 2010 - 6:11PM #5
JSF16

Revelation 12:7. "And there was war in heaven. Michael and his angels fought against the dragon, and the dragon and his angels fought back."

sounds like Angles are pretty touch fighters to me.

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Oct 06, 2010 - 11:29PM #6
Stardove

Oct 6, 2010 -- 6:11PM, JSF16 wrote:

Revelation 12:7. "And there was war in heaven. Michael and his angels fought against the dragon, and the dragon and his angels fought back."

sounds like Angles are pretty touch fighters to me.

Welcome to the Angels forum JSF16.

Revelations are about visions which John, not the beloved, had while in prison.  I'm not sure how much value to place in these visions.  Especially since he was writing from prison and his letters were written in a type of code to get them out.  IMO of course.

Many different religions have stories of angels.

The words I speak and write carry energy and power, so I choose them with care and clear purpose. 

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Oct 07, 2010 - 9:43AM #7
kellya

When I think about Archangels, the only one who crosses my mind is Gabriel. I don't know why because I know there are several others. Which is the first Archangel that crosses your mind?

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Oct 08, 2010 - 6:01PM #8
Stardove

Kelly, welcome to the Angels forum.

There are plenty of sites which discuss the Archangels including just the one:

www.ehow.com/facts_5009967_what-arch-ang...

Archangels names and jobs at the site above....other sites list some different Archangels.

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Oct 11, 2010 - 7:58PM #9
belleo

Oct 7, 2010 -- 9:43AM, kellya wrote:

When I think about Archangels, the only one who crosses my mind is Gabriel. I don't know why because I know there are several others. Which is the first Archangel that crosses your mind?

The Bible speaks of the angel Raphael  in the book of Tobit . I don't think that book is in the Protestant Bible . There is the angel Gabriel like you say . He said to the virgin Mary :"Do not be afraid Mary for you have found favor with God . And now, you will conceive in your womb and bear a Son , and you will name him Jesus . (Luke 1 :30-31) And there is Micheal  who is the great prince who defends God' people from evil.

In the Bible there are myriad angels . They are divided into a series of hierarchies. There are seraphims ,cherubims , thrones , principalities , powers .  Marie

Just me
Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook