Important Announcement

See here for an important message regarding the community which has become a read-only site as of October 31.

Switch to Forum Live View Overcoming fear of spirit contact
8 years ago  ::  Feb 15, 2010 - 1:49AM #1
Steven_A

Hello everyone! I started this thread because I just had a peculiar experience while trying to contact my spirit guides, and I wanted to share this with you guys to see if anyone here has had a similar experience.

After meditating, grounding myself, and cleansing my chakras, I called out to my spirit guides telepathically to try to make contact. When I did this, I felt a rush of energy into my body and I began to feel as though my body were spinning slowly counter-clockwise around my core. I kept calling out, and then I felt another rush of energy into my body, and I became afraid of being possessed or losing control. I don't know if I even believe in spirit-possession, but I was afraid because I didn't know what might happen. Although I mentally affirmed that only good, well-meaning spirits could approach me, I didn't know if my affirmation was powerful enough to work on all the spirits around me. So after feeling the energy rising in my body for a few seconds, I was too afraid to go any further so I stopped doing it. I wasn't expecting to feel energy coming into my body that way.

I'm wondering if anyone else here has experienced anything like this, and if anyone has any advice on how to overcome this kind of fear.

Thanks! Take care

- Steven

Quick Reply
Cancel
8 years ago  ::  Feb 16, 2010 - 2:41PM #2
Stardove

Feb 15, 2010 -- 1:49AM, Steven_A wrote:

Hello everyone! I started this thread because I just had a peculiar experience while trying to contact my spirit guides, and I wanted to share this with you guys to see if anyone here has had a similar experience.

After meditating, grounding myself, and cleansing my chakras, I called out to my spirit guides telepathically to try to make contact. When I did this, I felt a rush of energy into my body and I began to feel as though my body were spinning slowly counter-clockwise around my core. I kept calling out, and then I felt another rush of energy into my body, and I became afraid of being possessed or losing control. I don't know if I even believe in spirit-possession, but I was afraid because I didn't know what might happen. Although I mentally affirmed that only good, well-meaning spirits could approach me, I didn't know if my affirmation was powerful enough to work on all the spirits around me. So after feeling the energy rising in my body for a few seconds, I was too afraid to go any further so I stopped doing it. I wasn't expecting to feel energy coming into my body that way.

I'm wondering if anyone else here has experienced anything like this, and if anyone has any advice on how to overcome this kind of fear.

Thanks! Take care

- Steven

Welcome Steven to the Spirit Guide forum.  I have an appointment, but will get back to you.  Just wanted to give a quick hi to you.

Beliefnet Community Wide Moderator ~ Peace Love Stardove

People change for two main reasons: either their minds have been opened or their hearts have been broken.
---Anonymous

Quick Reply
Cancel
8 years ago  ::  Feb 16, 2010 - 4:39PM #3
Steven_A

Thanks, Stardove! Looking forward to corresponding with you.

Feb 16, 2010 -- 2:41PM, Stardove wrote:

Feb 15, 2010 -- 1:49AM, Steven_A wrote:

Thanks! Take care

- Steven

Welcome Steven to the Spirit Guide forum.  I have an appointment, but will get back to you.  Just wanted to give a quick hi to you.

Quick Reply
Cancel
8 years ago  ::  Feb 17, 2010 - 1:51AM #4
Stardove

Many people do not understand we all have spirit guides.  These spirit beings are committed to helping us on our path.  Sounds like you did the correct thing Steven.  I mean saying prayers for protection before making contact. 

It does sound like when your felt this new energy to you, fear came calling. Making a contract with your guidance saying what you will or will not allow is necessary.  Some people will let their guides channel though them.  In writing make it clear what you will and will do not then sign the contract.  In reality you could make a verbal contract, but in my training of working with spirit one teacher had the students write out contracts, so our boundaries were clear.  Over time the contract could change.

I would also suggest next time ask the guide/s to back away from your physical body rather than stopping the meditation.  If you feel discomfort let the guides know what you are feeling and do not want to experience it.  Please keep me posted.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

NOTE:

This forum is not the debate area for Spirit Guides.  There is another forum for non believer to post their "demonic beliefs" on. Thanks.  Host Spirit Guides

People change for two main reasons: either their minds have been opened or their hearts have been broken.
---Anonymous

Quick Reply
Cancel
8 years ago  ::  Feb 17, 2010 - 2:08PM #5
Steven_A

Thank you, Stardove! I plan on trying again on Thursday or Friday, after I'm finished with classes for the week.  I will do the written or verbal contract before beginning, this time.

Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Jun 25, 2010 - 4:12PM #6
MyQuietSoul

Steven,

I hope you don't mind if I add to this also. I know when I  first started opening to my guides I was unsure what to expect. I knew  what others had experienced but I truly believe everyone's experience is  somewhat alike but also personal to each one of us.  I knew I truly  wanted to connect with my spirit/angel guides and my heart was pure,  however my head allowed a bit of nervousness, fear, apprehension to seep  in because of what I have seen in movies, television, books, learned  through my church experience. To me, and remember this is only my  thoughts on it, others may or may not agree, the feelings I have just  listed are not of "light"...they aren't darkness either but not of pure  light therefore leaving an opening for question of who you were in  contact with. Our guides are always on standby for us, they truly want  to talk with us...to "guide" us.......It was once I  stopped being apprehensive to "hear"  that I  have been able to close that door to any negative spirits lurking about.  It is great that you said your prayer, cleared your chakras  etc....those are needed to open yourself to communication. I also think  you did the right thing by continuing to call for your Guide only. I  have also found that I picture myself, with the light of Christ  Consciousness surrounding me.....like a big energy field all around  me....the light entering the top of my head....going down through my  body into my feet. It is a warm beautiful place to be...safe.....I don't  know whether that would help for you or not also.

I have friends who would tell me of their experiences, who could even see their guides. I struggled with that for the longest time because I cannot see them, at least not at this point, but I can now feel them. For me, there is a tingle around my face and shoulders, at times even my chest. I believe we have many guides who love us and want to share with us. Watch for any sign or feeling that is different. THe funny part is...is that I had felt this for a very long time, but hadn't thought about what it was....just an accepted part of who I am.... I now know that they are with  me always and that all i have to do now is just think of them and they let me know they are with me, fluttering about me.

I had a wonderful man who is a medium tell me that, we are never allowed to go further than we are ready for. After thinking on that, I feel that is such a true statement. We are all on our own spiritual journeys, walking our paths, all in different stages of learning.  Our Guides know when we are ready for the next step. Guess is what I am saying is, I wasn't ready a few years ago to "know" what my friends knew.....but gradually over time.....I got to that place of learning...and now am able to connect with my Guides....With practice and faith, you too, Steven will get there.....just be pure of heart.

always,

kristy

Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Jun 25, 2010 - 9:30PM #7
Stardove

kristy, great post.  Welcome if you are new to the Spirit Guides forum.  I can't keep up with everyone...at least not all at once.

Beliefnet Community Moderator ~ Stardove

---Anonymous

Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Aug 04, 2010 - 7:28AM #8
In2thlight

Hi all, thought I'd join in and bring this back up.  Not too long ago, I was introduced to my main spirit guide, Maria.  The last year has been pretty intense for me and without going into too many details, I went through a period where I completely lost trust and faith in her.  Thought she was misleading me and taking me down a darker path.  The last time I really spoke with her was probably back in late April when I was REALLY was oppressed. 

This particular instance, I was standing at my doorway.  It was around 11 at night and she showed me two wings.  Pure white, one on either side of me.  It was almost as if she were enveloping hers around me.  A short time later I questioned what she was telling me and learned that they weren't her wings.  They were mine.  Because of my temptations and oppression, they had been ripped off me.  Not by her, but she was trying to tell me that they weren't there.  Since then I've been trying to reconnect and heal.  Been doing better but the lessons since are harder and more intense. 

Our guides are sent to us to help us with the decisions we make, heighten our intuitive abilities, and protect us (if we trust and allow) from the dark one's mischief.

I think I went off topic here, but was compelled to tell you about this.  Maybe Maria is whispering in my ear again and this is her way of telling me...lol.

I pray that your guides come to you and you welcome them without fear or apprehension.  Keep your heart pure, thoughts sound, and spirit grounded in the Christ Light.

In2

Prov 23:12 Don't refuse to accept criticism; get all the help you can.

Revelations 3:8  When God leads you to the edge of the cliff, trust Him fully and let go, only 1 of 2 things will happen, either He'll catch you when you fall, or He'll teach you how to fly!

The journey has only begun.  Spread your wings with me!  Let's Fly!!!
Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook