Important Announcement

See here for an important message regarding the community which has become a read-only site as of October 31.

Switch to Forum Live View Gods/Goddesses as Guide?--- QUESTION!!---
8 years ago  ::  Sep 11, 2009 - 10:52PM #1
onepath_is_allpaths

Hi,

My first encounter with any guide(s) or gods for that matter, was in a dream I had about a year, or two ago. In the dream the entity (at the time I didn't know what it was) told me its name and that it was here to help me. Later on, I learned that he was the god of Light and Darkness. 

Recently, he told me that him and I were the same soul, same being, that he was a segment of myself (I'm paraphrasing a little bit).   

My question is this: is it possible that some people are incarnated gods/goddesses here to chill out on the material plane? I've heard of incarnated angels/fairies/etc.. but this seems a little ....uh... bigger.....

Does anyone else have a god/goddess as a guide? Have I just been slowly going crazy?

(I AM NOT proclaiming myself to be anything!)

onepath_is_allpaths

Quick Reply
Cancel
8 years ago  ::  Sep 12, 2009 - 1:16PM #2
Stardove

Welcome to the Spirit Guide Forum.  As far as what I've been taught and experienced our spirit guides have been mortals having done the earth walk before.   They agree to stay on the spirit side of life and help us out, before we are born into the physical, while we are having our own spiritual experience being human....again.

Perhaps it was you own higher self speaking to you. Although one does not have to be Jewish or Christian to believe in spirit guides I am quoting from the Bible. Most probably don't believe.  IMO.

Psalm 82:6 where God says, "I have said, Ye are gods; and all of you are children of the most High."

Does the Bible teach that we are gods, or that we ever will be gods?

Those who teach this refer to John 10:34, “Jesus answered them, Is it not written in your law, I said, Ye are gods?” as the scriptural base for such belief.

Beliefnet Community Wide Moderator ~ Peace Love Stardove

People change for two main reasons: either their minds have been opened or their hearts have been broken.
---Anonymous

Quick Reply
Cancel
8 years ago  ::  Sep 13, 2009 - 12:11AM #3
onepath_is_allpaths

Thanks for the reply Stardove!

I've done a lot of reading on spirit guides, totems, etc... but I haven't really tried to communicate much with them myself. But every time I have, I've spoken with gods/goddesses, archangels, etc... During a meditation, I was part of a counsel where I spoke with some archangels, Jesus and goddesses/gods. 

As a rule, I will not dismiss any belief before I look at it, so in response to the Bible verses that were quoted, I found them to be quite interesting. Perhaps we ARE all gods/goddesses who are all aspects of the one (as 82:6 says)? 

As for the other quote (John 10:34), I have gained a new respect for Jesus. I just love how he messes with people lol. How he took a verse from Psalms and twisted it to fit his dilemma is pure genius! Has anyone ever noticed that Jesus never actually calls himself the Messiah? (not trying to start a fight or anything!)

Again, thanks!!!

Quick Reply
Cancel
8 years ago  ::  Sep 13, 2009 - 12:41PM #4
Stardove

You are welcome!  Hope you will enjoy learning more about your guidance.

Beliefnet Community Wide Moderator ~ Peace Love Stardove

People change for two main reasons: either their minds have been opened or their hearts have been broken.
---Anonymous

Quick Reply
Cancel
8 years ago  ::  Sep 13, 2009 - 12:56PM #5
lulu2

Dear Onepath,

I have another view, if you would allow it? Jane Roberts wrote many books about what she believed was part of the spirit realm, only she called them aspects selves. I perfer that, to leaving things outside the realm of my own psyche. And what she used as a instrument of learning was to see each spirit as a portion of ourselves. Her outlook made it more workable for me to relate to, its for this reason I thought Id share her point of view. She used it more as the psychology of self, and now that I said that, I believe that was indeed one of her books.    

Without the Soul of Christ alive in us...we are nothing but empty shells...
Quick Reply
Cancel
8 years ago  ::  Sep 13, 2009 - 2:34PM #6
Shamanmystic

Sep 11, 2009 -- 10:52PM, onepath_is_allpaths wrote:

Hi,

My first encounter with any guide(s) or gods for that matter, was in a dream I had about a year, or two ago. In the dream the entity (at the time I didn't know what it was) told me its name and that it was here to help me. Later on, I learned that he was the god of Light and Darkness. 

Recently, he told me that him and I were the same soul, same being, that he was a segment of myself (I'm paraphrasing a little bit).   

My question is this: is it possible that some people are incarnated gods/goddesses here to chill out on the material plane? I've heard of incarnated angels/fairies/etc.. but this seems a little ....uh... bigger.....

Does anyone else have a god/goddess as a guide? Have I just been slowly going crazy?

(I AM NOT proclaiming myself to be anything!)

onepath_is_allpaths 

i have what can only be described as a lightning being as my guide.... i know "it" as ukko. if i chant or pray to it then what i pray for manifests....

we were all once one thing.. think big bang.... then we became numerous things and somewhere along the way some of us forgot we were once one... all things are our essence.

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Dec 04, 2012 - 11:58AM #7
mouseyface

i do, i have the greek god apollo and i love him sooo much : )))

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Jan 21, 2013 - 10:51PM #8
eignheart

I have them.....

'just in my dreams. haha

Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook