Page 1 of 11  •  1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 11 Next
Switch to Forum Live View Who says angels can't become human?
6 years ago  ::  Nov 21, 2008 - 5:17AM #1
leftuncheckd
>>I've seen it mentioned several times on different threads, that an angel can't turn into a human...or...something to that effect.
>>I'm not trying to start a debate, I'm just wondering where the fact is mentioned or written, and by who. If anyone remembers please post a response.
Thank You in advance.
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Nov 21, 2008 - 8:15AM #2
Tenlionz
Howdy Lefty! good to see ya, AZ you know my friend there iz no documentation that will prove conclusively that a Man cant become or an Angel a Man. For some reazon the idea iz repulsive to many but I'm not sure why, I suppose no one wants to see them AZ fallible AZ any human being or AZ sharing the weakness of our frail human selvez, we some how hope they are far above theze thingz in order to look up to them az God like creaturez that dezerve and can never betray our trust.

Ten lionz
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Nov 21, 2008 - 12:08PM #3
Stardove
In my training we were told that angels can be born in human form, but this was something that doesn't happen often.  When dealing with esoteric beliefs one just has to accept what feels right to him or her since many beliefs cannot be proven.
Beliefnet Community Wide Moderator ~ Peace Love Stardove
Problems? Send a message to Beliefnet_community

The words I speak and write carry energy and power, so I choose them with care and clear purpose. 

Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Nov 21, 2008 - 7:18PM #4
Tenlionz
Yes Star dove I believe they can be born AZ Humanz, the person will simply be holding the Information laden Energy which made up the Spirit of an Angel. This iz no easy existence for that person I'm afraid, I believe the temptation of being human iz much different from actually being one, this would be like a Human falling back down the evolutionary ladder a few rungz and trying to exist AZ an Orangutan, I believe the shock of transforming from raw Energy to a painful flesh can be very painful indeed and very lonely. Just my Opinion,                                    To become a man he learned the spell, then he closed hiz eyez folded hiz wingz made a wish and fell.

Ten lionz
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Nov 21, 2008 - 8:35PM #5
Stardove
Yes, Tenz.  I am one of those human beings that gets told,  "You are an earth angel".  It's not that hard to help a stranger.  ;)
Beliefnet Community Wide Moderator ~ Peace Love Stardove
Problems? Send a message to Beliefnet_community

The words I speak and write carry energy and power, so I choose them with care and clear purpose. 

Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Nov 23, 2008 - 2:08AM #6
KnowledgeRises
Im sorry you feel that way..
I hope you find the answers you are looking for.

God Bless You.

steven

[QUOTE=leftuncheckd;913069]<
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Nov 23, 2008 - 11:36AM #7
Tenlionz
I don't believe Lefty needz or wants your pity KR, again if you have a point to make concerning your belief, why not bring some documentation, evidence or an intelligent thought? We have been through this discussion many timez on BN and its a good thing to speak of. Believe me there iz much more documentation for an Angel becoming a Man than can be found to refute the claim.
Ten lionz
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Nov 23, 2008 - 10:01PM #8
leftuncheckd
<.
<<<Can angels become humans?

In popular culture, there are often television and movie plotlines about a guardian angel (usually male) who falls in love with his charge (usually female) and has to make the difficult decision to become mortal or remain a heavenly host. Nicolas Cage faced this dilemma in the film City of Angels, portraying an angel who strives to become human after falling in love. It makes a lovely, romantic drama, but the premise is theologically impossible. Angels in the Bible are not male or female. They do not have gender, at least as we understand it. Theologians use the phrase, "confirmed in holiness" to describe the state of the good angels. This means that the holy angels are so consumed with one great love, the love for God, that they are kept from sin. No lesser love, such as the love for a mortal woman or man, could tempt angels to leave their high estate. More importantly, angels do not have the option to stop being an angel and become human. The Scripture always portray the heavenly hosts as having been created as angels, and they will continue to be the same throughout eternity.
>,So I guess it comes from "The Scripture".
>.
<.
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Nov 24, 2008 - 1:54PM #9
KnowledgeRises
Dear peaceful its always been my experience that humans project their qualities unto others, unto God and so forth.

I find it interesting that people even believe in failure,
or original sin to begin with.

In my View,  Take or Leave it,
God is perfect.

We go through our daily lives and we begin to believe and affirm how Gods attitude is towards us,  if we consider ourselves a failure.. we than assume God thinks the same of us.
well thats ok i guess on some level because we are all here to learn, and not judge ourselves so harshly,
I just want to give you the opportunity to see Life in another light.

perhaps God is not human, so doesnt behave like a human.
doesnt get aggravated, doesnt critique you, doesnt judge, get jealous, or any other human emotion.. ,maybe God just loves you, unconditionally without strings attached.
again that's my view  take it or leave it.
the angels in my view dont ever incarnate to become HUMAN, they might make human appearances and quickly vanish  but even than its solely to protect us.

we as humans have to remember that not everything CREATED by God was intended to experience the same kind of things.
perhaps Angels are reserved for Gods purposes only,
His personal army or personal attendees.

just my thoughts,
God Bless You.

peace.

steven

ps when  "I" refer to God I refer to the belief that GOD is GOD for all of us.  :)
just a mental note.

[QUOTE=Pneaceful;l917287]Hi Leftyy,
Nice to see you around here again. I hope you are well.

I think I mentioned on beliefnet before that I met a man who said he was an angel. I met him three times and each time he stared back at me with a look of shock as if he didn't know anyone could see him.
This was in Richmond, Virginia around 1997.

The second time was on a city bus going into downtown Richmond. He told me he was on his way to help someone. All he had to do was show up and all would be well.

It was an unusual series of experiences.

So it might just be possible that an angel takes on a human body in order to enter our "dream" and perform some task that is best done by a body. Or maybe the people they are helping would only be capable of accepting  help (mentally) from a body and not from a "spirit". (Because help from a "spirit" or angel would induce too much fear.)  I don't know. It would seem that a body would not be necessary for anything God would need, so I agree it seems counter-intuitive, but, who knows what's really going on. I just keep an open mind about it all.

Much love,
Suzy[/QUOTE]
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Nov 24, 2008 - 5:01PM #10
Denisemac
If you are looking for scripture to find the answer to your question you should look it up in scripture and let God answer you. According to scripture God made man to become other then angels we were created to be his children. If you are just looking for answers among humans you will get all kinds of answers. The movies are created out of mans imagination and nothing more and can hardly be any kind of proof it is just a movie. If you want more scripture proof just say so here. I am at work and it is hard to show you proof in scripture for I don't have it memorized. Angels are spirit beings and like it says we could entertain them without knowing it for they appear as we do. At the resurrection we shall receive spirit bodies also but we will not be angels we will be Gods children....
Psalm 82:6 I have said, Ye are gods; and all of you are children of the most High.
John 10:34 Jesus answered them, Is it not written in your law, I said, Ye are Gods?

Also may I add if a angel appears to you they will let you know why and will not leave you confused as in all stories of the bible where angels appear. God is not a God of confusion and when he sends an angel to us, we know it, and will understand their purpose. If we are left not knowing why they appeared, they were not an angel.
Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 1 of 11  •  1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 11 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook