Page 1 of 3  •  1 2 3 Next
Switch to Forum Live View Did my toddler really see an angel?
6 years ago  ::  Jan 10, 2009 - 1:12AM #1
littleangel21
Last week my 2 year old daughter and I had quite the experience.  I was getting her out of her car seat in an uncrowded parking lot.   Before I got her unbuckled she got very excited and started flapping her arms.  She was looking over my shoulder up into the sky (rainy, cloud covered day).  Her eyes showed so much excitement, like she was seeing Grandma unexpectedly at Wal Mart.  Then she pointed to the sky and said, "I see big angel!  I see angel!  Holding baby Jesus!  Look sky!"  I turned to look, expecting to see a bird or something.  Nothing.  Just white sky.  She continued saying she see's a big angel.  After this ended I asked what it looked like and she said "Big wings.   Holding baby."  I didn't even know she knew what an angel looked like.  We pray that angels guard her through the night and she has seen manger displays over Christmas.  I have also noticed that she has become more loving and cuddly since this happened.  She has always been the type of baby that would rather be put in her crib and left alone rather than being rocked.  She also gave hugs and kisses infrequently.  Now, she just loves on us all the time!  I don't know if she saw an angel, but I don't know what else to think.  I definitely believe we are guarded by them.  What do you think?
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Jan 10, 2009 - 6:29PM #2
Stardove
Welcome to the Angels forum.  I would say that young children see more of the unseen world than adults.  Since you are seeing positive changes just count your blessings and keep on loving your precious girl.
Beliefnet Community Wide Moderator ~ Peace Love Stardove
Problems? Send a message to Beliefnet_community

The words I speak and write carry energy and power, so I choose them with care and clear purpose. 

Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Jan 30, 2009 - 11:05AM #3
karbie
I agree with Stardove. When my son was a toddler he asked me who the sparkly people were and why their feet didn't touch the ground. He was pointing exactly to the difference between our reality and the Other Side that Sylvia Browne talks about in her books. I told him he was seeing his Guardian Angels and that it was a good thing.
  He's had one time time I thought he was having either an Angel encounter or his Spirit Guide's help. He was stuck in the Atlanta airpirt for over 6 hours. He'd been on vacation with my niece and had spent most of his money. They'd gotten his food wrong at McDonald's and he didn't have enough money to get anything else. I'd given him a prepaid phone card but it ran out of steam just before I could tell him how to make a collect call  and he could tell me he'd still be delayed another 3 hours. A man saw his distress and let him use his cell phone to call me back. I certainly heard his profuse thanks. I just learned last week that the man had a wife, but it still feels like Divine Intervention to me.  He was at the least the answer to a very, very panicstrickened prayer on my part because  my son was so far     
  A toddler is more likely to see an angel because they can still see what is really there. They don't have the blinders on yet that our Society imposes on us when we are older,
"You are letting your opinion be colored by facts again."
'When I want your opinion, I'll give it to you."
these are both from my father.
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Jan 30, 2009 - 1:08PM #4
Philosopher Plebian
As a young child, I saw many fantastic things, particularly at night. Hard, solid objects twisting and turning, like animals turning their heads. People in the shadows by my bedside, speaking to me. In the farthest corners of my memory, from the time I was a toddler myself, I remember some of my dreams (nightmares involving that creepy dude from the book "Why Mosquitoes Buzz in People's Ears" and dreams of flying) and remembering that they seemed so real-they seem to mesh with my few memories of that time, dream and reality mixing together in my mind.

I saw many things when I was young. This shows, mostly, that your senses sometimes play tricks on your mind. Your child may very well have seen something, but that doesn't mean that anything was there.
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Jan 30, 2009 - 9:49PM #5
Stardove

richardt said:  I think you may be "stretching" the truth just a bit. There are no such things as angels, and your two year old has a rather large vocabulary. Angels are mythical beings, there not real, no one has ever provided evidence of angels, except in dreams or delusions, no one has ever spoken to an Angel, I know its a comforting thought that angel hang off or shoulders protecting us for harm, I wonder where all the angels where during the Holocaust, where were they when the Tsunami killed thousands in India, how many dead from horrible forms of cancers had angels protecting them? I'm sure your baby saw a bird or a pretty cloud and coo coo'd about it, but I am certain she did not see an angel.

Hi Richard, angels are mentioned all throughout the Bible.    Your profile page says: I am an anti-theist.   Which tells me you might not believe in most religions, spirituality, esoteric or metaphysical beliefs.  The Moderator Angels

The words I speak and write carry energy and power, so I choose them with care and clear purpose. 

Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Jan 31, 2009 - 5:36AM #6
Blü
karbie

A man saw his distress and let him use his cell phone to call me back. I certainly heard his profuse thanks. I just learned last week that the man had a wife, but it still feels like Divine Intervention to me.

I've done similar things more than once, and I'm sure everyone here has too.  Really, it's not different to helping someone change a tire or pick up the groceries they've spilt.  If you empathize with someone's plight then you act appropriately if it's in your power, don't you?
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Jan 31, 2009 - 10:20PM #7
nos482
Littleangel keep the faith there are many holy text that talk about angels but the important thing is who they serve.  Peace Love Harmony and God Bless you Littleangel.  nos
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Jan 31, 2009 - 11:36PM #8
clinton7
I believe that your daughter did see an angel.

p. s. - Don't be discouraged by rude people that cross your path.

Clinton7
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Feb 01, 2009 - 1:15PM #9
karbie
Dear Blu,
  You are right that most decent people are willing to help someone else if they see that they are in distress. I've been through the Atlanta airport more than once and that was the first time that anyone helped.
"You are letting your opinion be colored by facts again."
'When I want your opinion, I'll give it to you."
these are both from my father.
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Feb 01, 2009 - 11:55PM #10
Stardove
Richard, most members who do believe in angels post in this forum.  Since you don't believe in God it is understandable you wouldn't believe in God/dess angels either.

The                            Discuss Spirit Guides & Angels                      would be a better place for you to debate these spiritual beings.  This is not a debate area.  Although it is not a faith community I normally send doubters threads to the debate board.

Angels

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 1 of 3  •  1 2 3 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook