Page 1 of 10  •  1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10 Next
Switch to Forum Live View does anyone collect Angels?
6 years ago  ::  Jan 01, 2008 - 8:09AM #1
mom2-4Angels
Since 1998 when my sister God love her, sent me a beautiful purple Angel I have been collecting them ever since, I have a pretty good collection of them so far, I was just curious to know if anyone else collects Angels. so far to date I probably have 75 of them, they are mostly displayed in my entertainment center and on a long wooden rack in my living room, along with them being hung up in my kitchen, bathroom, bedroom.  My favorite was is that of my Hawaiian Angel that my parents gave me 2 years before my father passed away. It is my most cherished of them all...it reminds me of the time well spent in Hawaii with my dad.
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Jan 01, 2008 - 8:09AM #2
mom2-4Angels
Since 1998 when my sister God love her, sent me a beautiful purple Angel I have been collecting them ever since, I have a pretty good collection of them so far, I was just curious to know if anyone else collects Angels. so far to date I probably have 75 of them, they are mostly displayed in my entertainment center and on a long wooden rack in my living room, along with them being hung up in my kitchen, bathroom, bedroom.  My favorite was is that of my Hawaiian Angel that my parents gave me 2 years before my father passed away. It is my most cherished of them all...it reminds me of the time well spent in Hawaii with my dad.
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Jan 01, 2008 - 9:58PM #3
manidooke
I collect Angels myself I seem to get them as gifts for Christmas I have fifteen standing or sitting Angels. I have a Native Angel holding a small white dove and then  I also have three angels in Water Globes and I had enough Angels this year that I made my Christmas Tree my Angel tree this year which was beautiful from all the angels I have made and been given or bought over the years right down to a noodle angel my youngest son made me in kindegarden. He is now 23 years old LOL I have my special ones displayed on an old antique sideboard where most of them sit year long the ones for the tree get put away each Christmas till the next year but I have been collecting them for quite a few years now. I recieved three this year as Gifts which are beautiful one Guardian Angel playing the violin and another one from my sister that just passed over last year that one also is a Guardian Angel . I also recieved one from another sister that is a glass Globe that has a hand blown Angel inside of it and a switch on the bottom that when turned on she turns different colours red blue and green and yellow beautiful...I have different types of Angels everything from Cherubs to Guardians and baby Angels too.... nice to hear about your collection mom2-4Angels... it has now gotten into something that I love to collect and make them too LOL... LOVE ~ LIGHT AND BLESSINGS ... manidooke
Love ~ Light and ^j^ Blessings...
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Jan 02, 2008 - 2:14AM #4
dreamhealth
A few Christmases ago, I was given an angel because I talked about them so much, startin in 2003 or so. It is in my office now. I finally put her on the book shelf. I was given a glass one and even bought one. I don't deliberately collect them, but I never used to have any at all!
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Jan 02, 2008 - 6:18AM #5
mom2-4Angels
Mani, your angels sound so beautiful!!!  I have a small blown glass one, that poor Angel has seen alot of super glue, it keeps coming off the glass base, but it still is one of my cherished ones..so small and dainty.

dreamhealth, it is the start of a new year, you should buy yourself an Angel, and then another one and so on, and so on..pretty soon you'll have yourself a nice collection too..;)
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Jan 02, 2008 - 6:35AM #6
sensitive1
Mom2-4angels:
I collect them too...I have them in every room...most are small ceramic, but I have some that are run on a small watch battery and when you flip the swtch underneath they glow all colors of the rainbow, one after the other. I have them hanging from ceiling fan chains, and They just make me smile looking at them. This year for x-mas, my daughter found a tall ceramic angel standing on a cloud, holding a white dove in her hands...to her left is a big cresent moon with a clock in it. She is dressed in a long blue gown...and has long blond hair. I love this very much. My kids always send me angels knowing I collect them!
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Jan 02, 2008 - 7:03AM #7
MikAngl55
Hi everyone,

All your collections sound great! I also have too many to count, even a large concrete one that sits on my front porch, lol.  I have angel wind chimes and 3 light up outside ones for Christmas. I get many for gifts and give many also. Everybody loves angels. :)

They're in every room of my house. They're  great reminders of the God and the angels presence in our lives.

LOVE
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Jan 02, 2008 - 10:04AM #8
mom2-4Angels
I have to agree, all of the angel descriptions sound wonderful and beautiful. and I have to agree too that too look at my angels gives me comfort in knowing that I am truely not alone, they make their presence known, and of course God does too. I also have a ceramic angel with the "glow" wings, you flip the switch and her wings are fiber optic, very pretty when in the dark, it sparkles.

just out of curiousity, is there a way to post pictures of our angel collections on here? or is it more affective to just post in our profiles? just wondering because I know on another forum I am a member of you can post pics on the board. I would love to see all of your angel collections, and give you a taste of mine as well. ;)
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Jan 02, 2008 - 12:32PM #9
Stardove
Yes, I also collect angels and like Julie have too many to count. Outside my front and back door stands angels that one of my daughter's painted for me. Almost all my angels were gifted. From tiny ones to the one at the back door is three feet tall and all sizes in between. Blessings of the season to all and a blessed New Year. :)
Beliefnet Community Wide Moderator ~ Peace Love Stardove
Problems? Send a message to Beliefnet_community

Anger cannot occur unless you believe that you have been attacked, that your attack is justified in return, and that you are in no way responsible for it. ACIM

Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Jan 02, 2008 - 3:13PM #10
manidooke
Hi Everyone yes you can post your Angels here I have mine on my pictures site if you want to look at some of my collections click on my name and you will see them in my pictures on my site check them out ... tell me what you think of them ANGELS make me feel closer to God having them around me every day NICE to see more people do collect them ... LOVE ~ LIGHT AND BLESSINGS ... manidooke
Love ~ Light and ^j^ Blessings...
Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 1 of 10  •  1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook