Page 1 of 17  •  1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 17 Next
Switch to Forum Live View Grounding and Shielding
7 years ago  ::  Nov 10, 2007 - 2:26PM #1
GreenEyedLily
Hello!

Wasnt sure where to put this - so I kinda thought the guide board would be a suitable spot!

Ive been teaching grounding and shielding methods for about 2 years now and thought it was a topic that would be good for here!

So, Ill list a few techniques that Ive used with success and maybe everyone else can share theirs?

First for those who are new to this here is the basic idea of each as I have learned it:

Grounding:
Throughout each day we pick up energy - positive and negative - which can 'overwhelm you' for lack of a better term.  Think of a sugar buzz...only alot more intense.  Grounding in essence releases the extra energy stored in our bodies and calms us down.  Energy doesnt die it cannot be destroyed - it just changes form.  Therefore it can be 'recycled' in a sense.  When we ground we release our stored up energy into back to the source for it to be recycled into usable energy for another living being - whether that is another human, even you - or a plant or tree.

Shielding:
When we shield we put a protective layer over our body/soul/spirit/mind to protect us from (usually) negative energies that are around us each and every minute of everyday.  As with grounding - we are bombarded by both positive, negative, and neutral energy all the time from many different sources.  The negative energy can do the most harm and is what we try to shield ourselves from.  A shield allows positive energies through and keeps the negative energies out.

My favorite methods of each are:

Shielding:
I imagine white light coming down from the Creator into my crown chakra, as it envelopes me I breathe the white light in and feel it go throughout every part of me filling me with light.  I become so filled with light it bursts out from my fingertips and toes and surrounds me in a sparkling white bubble of light that allows only positivity to enter and bounces negative energies off to be recycled back into positive energy.

Grounding:
Stand or sit with your feet flat on the ground, imagine tree roots coming out from your feet and going into the ground - as you do this see the excess energy in your system being released deep into the ground where it can be recycled.

Just a couple ideas...anyone else have any they would like to share?
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Nov 10, 2007 - 2:35PM #2
Feinics
good idea putting this up here! cheers lily!
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Nov 10, 2007 - 3:09PM #3
Stardove

Thanks Lily.........great topic.  Another way to ground is to hold your hands on top of your head and jump, jump, jump. It sounds silly, but I was taught this method of grounding. I've also found that hugging a tree is great for grounding.

Beliefnet Community Wide Moderator ~ Peace Love Stardove
Problems? Send a message to Beliefnet_community

The words I speak and write carry energy and power, so I choose them with care and clear purpose. 

Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Nov 10, 2007 - 3:12PM #4
GreenEyedLily
Hehe Im going to try that method Stardove!

Sitting on a rock is a great grounding method too!

Oh and lets not leave out the sunshine for a shielding method!  The energy that is released by a sunbeam is to me at least a very positive force and one that can be used to shield!

Hey Feinics!  Good to see you!!!  Hope your weekend is treating you good and you arent in too much pain hun!!!
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Nov 10, 2007 - 3:40PM #5
Feinics
nothing like hugging a tree to make you feel centered and uplifted :)

sunshine is a good one! I like moonlight too i find it protective!

for shielding I visualise three blue rings for protection surrounding which spin around like a orb surrounding me above and below. I imagine the energy around me as a white glow surrounding me which pushes the negativity out from me and from around me. I also have a little rhyme which i made up ages ago as prayer to the gods keep me from harm. Since i have to walk alot I use it keep me safe from physical harm as well as negativity. This little phrase has been repeated so much its become chant like and has taken on a power of its own. This probably sounds complicated but its come together in bits and pieces and has been dones so often its become second nature. though often times during the day Ill just imagine the energy as white glow which deflects negative or harmful energy!!

*waves to lily*
hi hun, not too bad today thank god,  hope alls well with you?!:)
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Nov 10, 2007 - 6:10PM #6
GreenEyedLily
Ooh I too have to walk alot!  Once, it was night and quite dark out for some reason, and I was beginning to get worried as this man began approaching me.  He was quite scary looking and no one else was around.  I decided to try sending out white light as well as increase my shield and wouldnt you know it?  He backed away immediately!  That has actually happened more than once...and I did for a time have a stalker that the police had to get involved with...I thank my lucky stars I made it away from that situation safely, and I dont doubt my shield and my guides had something to do with that!

Im doing alright today thanks!  Shoulder is just a little painful - had a bad night with nightmares so I tossed and turned too much I suppose!!!
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Nov 10, 2007 - 6:11PM #7
GreenEyedLily
Actually I just thought of something...when you shield with blue it is known to only allow truths inside your shield!  I cant remember where I heard that from now...and somewhere I have a color chart for shielding Ill have to try to find and share with everyone...
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Nov 10, 2007 - 6:16PM #8
Feinics
sorry to hear about the shoulder im ssending ya lots of healing energy and a virtual *HUG*:)
You really had a stalker? that must have been a horrible experience!!
I notice that as well esp at night people tend to avoid me, especially if Iook at them they tend to cross the road or pass me out with a wide berth! :) sometimes I imagine my favourite hereos /charactors from books or tv surrounding me like an army it sounds silly but it bulks up the feeling of protection, projects an image of "dont mess with me" not to mention its a fun image that passes the time when I dont have my mp3 with me!
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Nov 10, 2007 - 6:17PM #9
Feinics
[QUOTE=GreenEyedLily;59572]Actually I just thought of something...when you shield with blue it is known to only allow truths inside your shield!  I cant remember where I heard that from now...and somewhere I have a color chart for shielding Ill have to try to find and share with everyone...[/QUOTE]

Thats really interesting!! I never heard that! I see it as a colour of protection and strength! I lik the idea of only letting truths in!!
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Nov 10, 2007 - 6:22PM #10
GreenEyedLily
Well sometimes if I am around someone I know to be...a psy vamp - Ill make my shield be multicolored - changing every few seconds - so that the vamp doesnt know what to do! hehe

The superhero thing is awesome!  Whatever works right?  Whenever I feel scared I just see white light surround me and I remind myself Im surrounded by beings of light that wont let anything happen to me!  Works like a charm - except last night!  I watched that movie 28 weeks later and my heart raced through the entire thing!  Not many movies will give me nightmares but that one sure did!!!

And yeah I had a stalker...scary!  The police told me he is following a certain pattern that predicts he will try to take it further!  But they also told me I handled it well, and I hadnt seen him for almost a year until a week ago!    Ill have to tell you more another time on a different area - dont want to pollute this section!
Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 1 of 17  •  1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 17 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook