Important Announcement

See here for an important message regarding the community which has become a read-only site as of October 31.

Page 1 of 16  •  1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 16 Next
Switch to Forum Live View
Sticky: Different types of guides
10 years ago  ::  Oct 21, 2007 - 12:30PM #1
shinelight
Hi everyone,

Lots of people think of spirit guides as human souls who walk alongside us as we live our lives. This is often the case and in my experience most people's spirit guides are deceased loved one's or relatives. However since I first contacted my guides I noticed that they were actually several spiritual figures. One of them always calls himself "Mike" and I've since identified him as Archangel Michael, in the last couple of years several more guides have introduced themselves and they are goddesses! Kali, Butterfly maiden, and Aine among others!

I also read that some people do have goddesses as their spirit guides and it's more likely to be people who are here to teach or who are very connected with that realm of spirituality. (I'm a spiritual teacher who focuses on the goddess as well as the angels)

Anyway I'd love to know if anyone else has spirit guides who are masters, angels or goddesses.

(By the way I think that everyone has angels as well as guides but when you connect with certain aspects of spirituality then you are likely to expand the types of guides you have)

Anyway - would love to have some feedback!! :)

Blessings

Cleo
xx
Quick Reply
Cancel
10 years ago  ::  Oct 22, 2007 - 9:24PM #2
esthechica
Well you are lucky having contacted your angels or guides probably because of your work.  I have had different experiences where I later realized I may have been approached by them.  Once I was at home alone sitting at my computer, and I sensed a presence walk up beside me just out of view.  It's normal to see things out of the corner of your eye, so I just ignored it a second.  I saw for a split second that it was a blonde figure dressed in blue.  It stood next to me for a very brief moment and vanished when I turned to look at it.  I told a friend later, and he said that since I had been going through a difficult time in my life then, that perhaps it was an angel or guide there to comfort me or make their presence known. 

I have also sat in stillness to hear guidance and sometimes I get a real answer when I am calm and ready to receive it.

Another time, I was in a class at a spiritual center and the teacher lead us in a visualization to meet our guides.  I visualized going into a room with sheer draping in light blue and there on a pedastal, stood a blonde figure who handed me a pink quartz heart.  A few days later I was out shopping and went into a boutique, and there in the case was an identical heart, a ceramic paperweight.  A friend I took the class with commented that it was a gift!   I bought it and it's next to my bed.  I don't know it was co-incidental or if I was imagining things.

Another time, I had been estranged from a friend and had contacted him, but he had not returned the email.  I was angry about this and one day, I just happened to open the paper, and there on the page was his obituary.  It floored me that I had opened to the correct page without even looking.  He had passed away the day after I last saw him.  I felt this too was too coincidental and had to have been a message I was meant to receive.

I also have a lot of intuitive moments and sense when a presence is near, especially since my father's death, but it seems to have gotten more pronounced with time.  I use my hands in my work and when I am working with clients, I often get messages about them, or know what they will say before they say it.  Nothing major, just words pop into my head.  I get visuals sometimes too that turn out to be correct.   This only happens when I am calm and not forcing anything.  I sometimes get messages through dreams as well or see people I love who have passed away.  All this and I am a sane normal person in my everyday life.  LOL!!! :)  Promise.  Working Mom here.

I have wanted to contact my guides and feel I am more open to allowing it but I dont know how to go about doing it, and don't know what the clear signs are exactly when I get a message from them, or if it's just my own thoughts or wishful thinking I am contending with.  What are the ways to make contact and how can you be sure you get an answer?
Quick Reply
Cancel
10 years ago  ::  Oct 23, 2007 - 6:35AM #3
Christ07
Yeah, I'd also like to know. i don't know how to make contact with spirit guides, or if they even exist.If you pay attention to the Bible, ghosts aren't real, and wouldn't a spirit guide fall into the ghost category?
Quick Reply
Cancel
10 years ago  ::  Oct 23, 2007 - 9:55AM #4
spiritalk
There is a saying:  You will believe it when you see it.  Consider:  You will see it when you believe it.

We start with the afterlife.  What is it? It is a realm of existence for the spirit/mind that vacates the physical body at death.

Who is there?  The spirits of our loved ones are resident in the afterlife.  All spirit/mind continues into this realm. 

Is there communication?  Why would any loving communication cease at death?  This is where psychic/mediumship abilities come in.  The spirit guide is a part of this loving atmosphere and comes to guide us through the many experiences of our life that aid our spiritual growth.

Ghosts are the reference to the poltergeist activities that occur in the earth life.  It is a word used for spirit entities that are kind of 'stuck' through their lack of progress into the light of spirit realms. 

There are techniques for contact of our own personal spirit guide and they are many and varied through practice of all people.  What works for one does not always work for another. 

IME we do not need to have a name or identity for our guides.  We need to open and connect to a wonderful spiritual energy that helps us attune.  Attunement is through meditation.

When we meditate we visualize a peaceful place and bring calm and peace to our body, mind, spirit.  Into this scene of nature (a garden, a waterfall, a mountain retreat,) we place a symbol and a seat.  This draws the spirit guide to its energy and you are in attunement.  Being in touch with this energy allows that you 'feel' the difference when it occurs.
Quick Reply
Cancel
10 years ago  ::  Oct 23, 2007 - 11:01AM #5
GreenEyedLily
Well I tend to disagree with Spiritalk.  Ghosts dont necessarily show in the form of poltergeist activities, and not all 'ghosts' are stuck.  Some want to be here believe it or not...

But whats in a name?  What one calls a ghost another calls an entitiy and another calls a spirit.  To me and from my experiences guides are rarely any person we have known in this life that have passed away.  Your main guide has been with you since birth or earlier, and the remaining guides that come throughout your life are planned to come at certain times for certain reasons.  Meditation is not necessary to communicate with your guides unless you deem it to be that way.  I communicate with my guides very often, any place, any time with or without meditation.

You have guides whether you believe it or not...and whether you believe it one day or not, whether you see or communicate with them or not you will still have them, and their presence will still be felt - their guidance apparant if you choose to look.

I personally do not have alot of Bible knowledge nor do I care to...however a spirit guide is not a ghost, if you want to talk in Bible terms it would most likely fall under the category of angel/guardian angel before it would fall under ghosts.
Quick Reply
Cancel
10 years ago  ::  Oct 23, 2007 - 11:35AM #6
Christ07
Exactly, that's what I was thinking, but the way everyone was explaining it it sounded like they thought of spirit guides as ghosts because they said that they take on the form of deceased people,
Quick Reply
Cancel
10 years ago  ::  Oct 23, 2007 - 11:49AM #7
esthechica
I don't think spirit guides are deceased people.  I tend to agree with GreenEyed Lily.  I think they are with you from the start of your life.  Something akin to angels.  I think deceased people do contact or communicate - and I've been told often they do it or you notice it - either right upon waking, right at the moment of sleep, or in dreams because that is when we are most open and all defenses are down and we are less likely to be frightened.  When my father died, his best friend told me he had the sensation of my Dad sitting on the side of his bed upon waking to answer the call my father had died.  He was a little shaken by it.  When a friend of mine died, I had the same sensation of him being next to me as I awoke, I had the sensation of someone there and when I was fully awake realized I was alone.  I think these are visitations letting us know they are there for us.  So are dreams.

Spirit guides I have been told communicate through our thoughts, in the still small voice.  That's the rub for most of us - finding that space for the still small voice so we can believe what we see or hear without judgment or fear, or like me, wondering if it's just our own voice.  I guess from what Lily and Spirit are saying, it's the voice during calm that is sure and doesn't cause upset that is from the guide and all else is our own mind chatter, searching.

Am I right?
Quick Reply
Cancel
10 years ago  ::  Oct 23, 2007 - 11:56AM #8
GreenEyedLily
Oh...they can be known to cause upset especially if you dont get what they are trying to relay - but yes you are right - its a voice that relaxes your soul.  Mine have spoken outloud and in my mind... and my main guide LOVES to jump out at the oddest times...lol  Now, I am also a medium so seeing spirits etc. has come natural since I was a child - perhaps I am just more open to the other forms of communication that are out there and that is why I dont just see/hear my guides in my mind.

And I must say that spirits IME appear much much differently than guides.  Guides when you see them with your real eyes (not third eye or minds eye) are more solid than spirits, but their appearances seem to be more brief in comparison to spirits.

Did I make sense??
Quick Reply
Cancel
10 years ago  ::  Oct 23, 2007 - 1:08PM #9
shinelight
There are so many ways to communicate with spirit and spirit has LOTS of ways of communicating with us. For many people it is a "still small voice" but for the people who do not meditate or whose minds chatter too much that voice can be nigh on impossible to hear so spirit - our guides, angels, loved ones whomever it may be (and it seems to vary from person to person) communicates in other ways - visually for those who use their clairvoyance: Here is a short list of some of the ways in which we can comunicate with spirit and how spirit communicates with us:

• Thoughts.
• Visions.
• Dreams.
• Feelings.
• Words whispered in our ears.
• Most prolifically through events, signs, coincidences and experiences.
• Smells.
• A tap on the shoulder or the feeling of having one’s hair gently stroked.
• Holding your hand.
• Every person is different, and nobody knows you better than your angels – so they will communicate with you in the way they know you to feel most comfortable with, and most likely to notice.
• Numbers (the number 4 pertains to angelic presence the more times the number is repeated ie: 4444 the more angels surround you.)
• Feeling safe.
• Via angel card readings and psychic experience.

This is just a few examples.
If you want to connect with your guide the bast way to do that is to simply ask for help with something! That's what they are there for afterall. Then simply pay attention to any thoughts visions, feelings or signs and coincidences you notice. Don't expect them to appear before you - this is rare indeed! Greeneyed Lily is one of few people who can see guides clearly without working hard at developing her clairvoyance. Just because this doesn't happen for you doesn't mean you aren't connected with your guides.

By simply thinking about your guides you are connecting with them!

Here are another few handy ways in which you can get closer to knowing more about your guides.

Guided meditations - take yourself on a beautiful journey to a place of peace and tranquility and allow yourself to come face to face with your guide - then TRUST that what you saw wasn't just imagination!

Dreams - ask your guides to come in a dream.

Just act like they are there and talk to them in your head without needing to know what they look like or what their names are. This information will come when and if it needs to.

Be open to anything - and I don't mean negativity here. I mean be open to the idea that your closest guide might even be an animal, an angel or like me a goddess! As GreenEyed Lily said "what's in a name"

Regardless of what or who your guide is - know that they are there to protect love and "teach" you through anything at all - but they can't do anything unless you ask for help otherwise it would violate the universal law of free will - so ASK ) that's the most effective way of connecting with your heavenly helpers.

Regarding the Ghost / spirit debate. I have minimal experience in this but I do have some.... and usually spirits visit very deliberately to let us know they are ok but ghosts simply haven't moved on... usually because they don't know they are dead. Not always but usually....

I hope this helped!

Hugs

Cleo
xx
Quick Reply
Cancel
10 years ago  ::  Oct 23, 2007 - 1:37PM #10
GreenEyedLily
Hi Cleo!

I completely agree that 'seeing' them is RARE, very rare - and its rare for me too!  I could probably count the amount of times I have seen them...and I have to admit it occured after working on my clairvoyance skills quite in depth.  There are a couple games you can play to help with that, but most of the time they are better played in chat.  One I call I spy with my third eye hehe...its quite fun - might work on here one day?

I have a meditation that I use quite often when it comes to meeting your guides.  It is a variation of the one told to me when I met mine for the first time, and I find it has great results.  The most important thing I must relay is that you must be comfortable with the idea of guides to really help you on your journey in communicating with them...BUT they are always there whether you are comfortable with it, believe it or not.

Also, when you do ask them a question or for a sign or what not...pay attention to your surroundings!  It can be as subtle as a gentle whisp of wind or as large as actually hearing someone say your name.  Be open to that which is around you!
Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 1 of 16  •  1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 16 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook