Page 1 of 2  •  1 2 Next
Switch to Forum Live View Man looks at the outward appearance .. but God looks at the heart
3 years ago  ::  Feb 12, 2012 - 1:37PM #1
dadmann

Man looks at the outward appearance .. but God looks at the heart . . .

Ya know . . . Our society is sooooo obsessed with the outward .. the musical talent .. the looks of an individual .. the popularity of an individual . . .
Whitney Houston . . . God bless her heart .. Man !! could she sing . . . . but the life-long drugs and alcohol are an indicator of her life-long inner turmoil abuse and dysfunction . . . yes .. we can paint our faces .. we can force our smiles . . . but when it's all said and done .. at the end of the day .. when the crowd is gone .. and the lights are out .. and the doors are closed .. and we are left with only the quiet of our mind . . . . who are we . . . why are we here . . . is there something more . . . look at the Housewives of whatever the FREAK . . . the bling-bling .. the wealth .. the makeup .. the mansions .. the lemos .. the cameras . . . . . . the backbiting .. the defensiveness .. the low self-images .. the drugs and alcohol .. the emptiness .. the loneliness .. the hopelessness . . . the constant reminder of my body .. my life is coming to an end . . . my beauty is fading .. my reflexes are fading .. my mind is fading .. my friends and family around me are dying . . . are you now depressed ??? . . . well . . . please grab a better perspective . . . one that sees beyond today . . . beyond today ?? .. yes .. a perspective that actually looks into eternity . . . one that only God can display and promise . . . for those who have the courage to learn and abide . . . we WILL see a better day .. no matter WHAT today has to deliver . . . link . . . blessings to all . . . dadman

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Feb 12, 2012 - 3:51PM #2
Namchuck

Feb 12, 2012 -- 1:37PM, dadmann wrote:

Ya know . . . Our society is sooooo obsessed with the outward .. the musical talent .. the looks of an individual .. the popularity of an individual . . .
Whitney Houston . . . God bless her heart .. Man !! could she sing . . . . but the life-long drugs and alcohol are an indicator of her life-long inner turmoil abuse and dysfunction . . . yes .. we can paint our faces .. we can force our smiles . . . but when it's all said and done .. at the end of the day .. when the crowd is gone .. and the lights are out .. and the doors are closed .. and we are left with only the quiet of our mind . . . . who are we . . . why are we here . . . is there something more . . . look at the Housewives of whatever the FREAK . . . the bling-bling .. the wealth .. the makeup .. the mansions .. the lemos .. the cameras . . . . . . the backbiting .. the defensiveness .. the low self-images .. the drugs and alcohol .. the emptiness .. the loneliness .. the hopelessness . . . the constant reminder of my body .. my life is coming to an end . . . my beauty is fading .. my reflexes are fading .. my mind is fading .. my friends and family around me are dying . . . are you now depressed ??? . . . well . . . please grab a better perspective . . . one that sees beyond today . . . beyond today ?? .. yes .. a perspective that actually looks into eternity . . . one that only God can display and promise . . . for those who have the courage to learn and abide . . . we WILL see a better day .. no matter WHAT today has to deliver . . . link . . . blessings to all . . . dadman

Humans have always been good at creating fables in order to avoid reality...even gods fashioned in our own image, fictions devised by men desperate to keep on living...warding off death by abolishing it...

There is no man-made foolery that has not been dragooned into the ranks of putative divinities.

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Feb 12, 2012 - 6:09PM #3
dadmann

Namchuck .. Humans have always been good at creating fables in order to avoid reality...

or placing their heads in the sand . . . typical    DMA

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Feb 12, 2012 - 6:35PM #4
Namchuck

Feb 12, 2012 -- 6:09PM, dadmann wrote:

Namchuck .. Humans have always been good at creating fables in order to avoid reality...

or placing their heads in the sand . . . typical    DMA

Yes, exactly as I was saying. Surprised, but glad to read you conceding the point.

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Feb 15, 2012 - 11:16PM #5
williejhonlo

Yes, it goes to show that despite all the material glitter, we still find that there is a void inside of us that needs to be filled. I remember Terry Bradshaw the ex-Pittsburg Steeler quarterback saying that despite having all the things in society that they say  are supposed to make you happy ( Money, fame, adulration, women, ) despite having all that, he was asking himself, " Why am I unhappy"?

I believe the answer could be in that when we crave for too much, we make our minds unrestful and unsatisfied. It is said, that the man with six children is more wiser than the man with six million dollars, why? because he doesn't want anymore. While the man with six million dollars will still want more and more. Being satisfied and not overly greedy is a way to calm the restless mind.

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Feb 17, 2012 - 2:14AM #6
Namchuck

"Yes, it goes to show that despite all the material glitter, we still find that there is a void inside of us that needs to be filled. I remember Terry Bradshaw the ex-Pittsburg Steeler quarterback saying that despite having all the things in society that they say  are supposed to make you happy ( Money, fame, adulration, women, ) despite having all that, he was asking himself, " Why am I unhappy"?

I believe the answer could be in that when we crave for too much, we make our minds unrestful and unsatisfied. It is said, that the man with six children is more wiser than the man with six million, why? because he doesn't want anymore. While the man with six million will want more and more. Being satisfied and not overly greedy is a way to calm the restless mind." - williejhonlo

One would need to live a long life in order to father six million children, williejhonlo! Wink

But there is, in essence, much wisdom in what you say above. It coincides with my view that it is the extra psychological dimension in mans' nature confronting the vacuum that transcends the biological imperitives that gives rise to the sense of emptiness that you speak about. It is in confrontation with this emptiness that fear and confusion arise, and out of that fear and confusion man invents all sorts of unjustified beliefs and notions in a vain attempt to fill up the emptiness.

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Feb 17, 2012 - 12:44PM #7
williejhonlo

Feb 17, 2012 -- 2:14AM, Namchuck wrote:

"Yes, it goes to show that despite all the material glitter, we still find that there is a void inside of us that needs to be filled. I remember Terry Bradshaw the ex-Pittsburg Steeler quarterback saying that despite having all the things in society that they say  are supposed to make you happy ( Money, fame, adulration, women, ) despite having all that, he was asking himself, " Why am I unhappy"?

I believe the answer could be in that when we crave for too much, we make our minds unrestful and unsatisfied. It is said, that the man with six children is more wiser than the man with six million, why? because he doesn't want anymore. While the man with six million will want more and more. Being satisfied and not overly greedy is a way to calm the restless mind." - williejhonlo

One would need to live a long life in order to father six million children, williejhonlo! 

But there is, in essence, much wisdom in what you say above. It coincides with my view that it is the extra psychological dimension in mans' nature confronting the vacuum that transcends the biological imperitives that gives rise to the sense of emptiness that you speak about. It is in confrontation with this emptiness that fear and confusion arise, and out of that fear and confusion man invents all sorts of unjustified beliefs and notions in a vain attempt to fill up the emptiness.

LOL, thanks, I meant to say six million dollars. I edited the post, have a nice daySmile

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Feb 18, 2012 - 2:03AM #8
Namchuck

Feb 17, 2012 -- 12:44PM, williejhonlo wrote:

Feb 17, 2012 -- 2:14AM, Namchuck wrote:

One would need to live a long life in order to father six million children, williejhonlo! 

LOL, thanks, I meant to say six million dollars. I edited the post, have a nice day

You, too, williejhonlo.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Apr 04, 2012 - 6:59PM #9
Valerie

Very interesting post.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Apr 07, 2012 - 9:39AM #10
Paladinsf

What a sad and depressing way to look at Life. How miserable must one be to see all around us as meaningless, drab, oppressive even. That we can only have meaning in fairy tales, myths, fantastic comic book tales of super beings with unimaginable powers. 

To look in the mirror every morning and see only abject failure, impending death, waste, loss, depravity.

How UNhappy must these believers be to NEED to create and believe in these fantasies.

Sad.

The World is divided into armed camps ready to commit genocide just because we can't agree on whose fairy tales to believe.
The belief in supernatural religion will kill us all if we don't outgrow it.

When I first read "End of Faith" I thought Sam went too far. The more I read and listen to these "believers" the more I wonder if maybe he wasn't right after all.
Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 1 of 2  •  1 2 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook