Important Announcement

See here for an important message regarding the community which has become a read-only site as of October 31.

Switch to Forum Live View Resources on Life After Death
7 years ago  ::  Apr 17, 2011 - 4:38PM #1
nnn123

Tibetan Book of the Dead

www.summum.us/mummification/tbotd/

++

Egyptian Book of the Dead

www.sacred-texts.com/egy/ebod/

+++

Dante's Inferno

www.danteinferno.info/

++

Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Apr 17, 2011 - 5:35PM #2
Namchuck

Apr 17, 2011 -- 4:38PM, nnn123 wrote:

Tibetan Book of the Dead

++

+++

Dante's Inferno

www.danteinferno.info/

++

These are discussion forums, nnn123, not sites to advertise or recommend one's unexamined spiritual preferences without summary or additional contribution. 

Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Apr 17, 2011 - 5:50PM #3
Stephenway

Apr 17, 2011 -- 5:35PM, Namchuck wrote:

Tibetan Book of the Dead

++

+++

Dante's Inferno

www.danteinferno.info/

++

These are discussion forums, nnn123, not sites to advertise or recommend one's unexamined spiritual preferences without summary or additional contribution. 

I'm not too savy on these forums (actually been in trouble for not understanding what could be posted on what forum).  But I don't understand this.  It seems that if the contributor wants to discuss what resources are available on the subject, and perhaps others may have more resources, and perhaps some may wish to discuss the content on the resources.  But like I said, I don't know.  I just don't know what's wrong with starting a forum this way.  If people have something to contribute or not, is up to them, right?  This doesn't pertain to the subject, per se, but is in defense of it.

Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Apr 17, 2011 - 6:03PM #4
Namchuck

Apr 17, 2011 -- 5:50PM, Stephenway wrote:

Tibetan Book of the Dead

++

+++

Dante's Inferno

www.danteinferno.info/

++

I'm not too savy on these forums (actually been in trouble for not understanding what could be posted on what forum).  But I don't understand this.  It seems that if the contributor wants to discuss what resources are available on the subject, and perhaps others may have more resources, and perhaps some may wish to discuss the content on the resources.  But like I said, I don't know.  I just don't know what's wrong with starting a forum this way.  If people have something to contribute or not, is up to them, right?  This doesn't pertain to the subject, per se, but is in defense of it.

Well, you are entitled to your view, as am I, which is why I stand by what I said. These are discussion forums, and one doesn't start a discussion by directing people away from the forum to do private reading. 

Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Apr 17, 2011 - 6:07PM #5
Stephenway

Apr 17, 2011 -- 6:03PM, Namchuck wrote:

Well, you are entitled to your view, as am I, which is why I stand by what I said. These are discussion forums, and one doesn't start a discussion by directing people away from the forum to do private reading. 

I do see your point; it just sometimes gets confusing to me.  But I know I'm not discussing the thread, so I'm unsubscribing now and will leave it to you.  No offense intended.  Love ya', Steve

Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Apr 17, 2011 - 6:09PM #6
Namchuck

Apr 17, 2011 -- 6:07PM, Stephenway wrote:

Apr 17, 2011 -- 6:03PM, Namchuck wrote:

I do see your point; it just sometimes gets confusing to me.  But I know I'm not discussing the thread, so I'm unsubscribing now and will leave it to you.  No offense intended.  Love ya', Steve

No problem, although I fail to see what's confusing about it.

Same to you,

Steve (yep, I'm one too.)

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Oct 21, 2015 - 9:44PM #7
iamhappy

I recently came across a great website explaining the meaning & purpose of life http://www.happening-life.com/what-is-the-meaning-of-life-2/ it really intrigued me i am sure you will like it too.

Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook