Page 6 of 6  •  Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6
3 years ago  ::  Apr 03, 2011 - 7:13PM #51
writingal1

Dot--hi.

I know from personal experience that grieving can be a very tricky process.

When my friend was murdered--by the guy who stole her car and drove it around for two hours and then torched it---

--it took me a very long time to come to terms with the fact of her death--

--and with the facts surrounding her death.

I finally thought after months and months that I had reached some sort of acceptance--

--until one of the local tv stations decided to use the video footage of her body being removed from her house on a gutney as their STOCK FOOTAGE whenever any murder occurred.

They used the footge for several years and each time I saw it--always a surprise since they of course gave no warning when they were going to use it--the sight of her body on that gurney in a body bag brought it all back as though it had just happened.

So--I do have some understanding of what your family members have gone--adn continue to go--through.

Too bad not everyone understand that grieving never stops--it only changes over time....

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Apr 04, 2011 - 6:34AM #52
DotNotInOz

Heya WG--

Oh, that would be dreadful having to see the removal of your friend's body again and again years later. I do empathize.

Hubby typically takes that day off. Otherwise, he has to overhear people complaining about those who "just don't get over it all. It happened YEARS ago!" or even making crass jokes about it.

"Try watching your sister die on national tv, and you get a somewhat different perspective on the day, " he'd like to snap at them, he's said. It's just lots easier for him to stay home.

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Apr 11, 2011 - 12:32PM #53
rangerken

This thread was moved from the Hot Topics Zone

Libertarian, Conservative, Life member of the NRA and VFW
Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 6 of 6  •  Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement