Page 1 of 2  •  1 2 Next
Switch to Forum Live View Why do I hear their voices and words after they pass?
5 years ago  ::  Nov 29, 2009 - 12:51AM #1
Dreamweever2

Today when I walked into my ex in laws house, the first thing I heard was my ex father in law. I heard his typical greeting in his voice. The way people talk about seeing something in their minds eye, I hear it in my minds ear. I believe it's the memory, the memory of they way their voice sounded, and the things they would typically say. I have to wonder if I'm somehow just tormenting myself with this. The same thing happened to me a year ago when my mom passed, then once I saw her face, and it tore me up. With hearing them, it's kind of like when you get a song stuck in your head, and it sounds exactly the way it sounds on the radio. Thank goodness others talk about the same thing happening to them, getting songs stuck in their heads, or I would think I was crazy. I hated that they suffered. I miss them more than I can say, but I'm grateful that the suffering is over, and they are free.

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Dec 07, 2009 - 3:49PM #2
karbie

Then as now, you heard their voices because they wanted you to know what my late friend Sue wanted my sister-in-law to know--that they are just dead; they aren't gone. You saw your Mom's face because she thought you needed to actually SEE that she was okay, especially after that crap that priest tried on all of you.

Of all of you, you were the one your father-in-law chose to let know that he would soon be free when he gave you that dream about his truck and giving it to you. I think he wanted both the physical and emotional freedom from being stuck in one place waiting for results for you as much as he wanted it for himself. Not death in your case--but it wasn't long after that dream that you were able to sell the van and get that much closer to freedom in your life and home. He obviously loved you very much; that comes through loud and clear. He's also proud that you were the only one who dressed warmly enough for his final stunt at the gravesite. Isn't that what we all sort of want--not showing up at our own funerals--well, he managed it for what would have made a great Monty Python skit.

"You are letting your opinion be colored by facts again."
'When I want your opinion, I'll give it to you."
these are both from my father.
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Dec 08, 2009 - 1:15AM #3
Dreamweever2

I see that this thread has been chosen as one of the "Featured Threads". I am asking that this be marked SST. This has been a difficult time and situation for me. I know that there are people here on Bnet that are skeptics. That is ok, but this has been tough to get through.

Karbie, thank you so much for sharing your thoughts and feelings about this. Dad was a pretty cool dude. I can see picture him showing everyone and saying "I told you people that I didn't want any kind of service, and since you have decided to do this anyway, on the coldest day this year, I'll get there when I feel like it." I'm going to miss him a lot. I'm sure he and my mom are comparing notes about the things that have gone on with the grandkids over the past year. It's the one thing they share in common aside from both being on the other side now.

Here's a weird one for you. When dad started having so much trouble standing up, and had started taking falls in the house, my brothers went to the storage unit and took out my mom's lift chair for him. The chair was less than a year old when she passed away. She had spent many nights in that chair when she was having breathing problems and needed to be in a semi upright position to sleep. Once the chair was at my ex in laws, dad used to sleep in it a lot too. I talked to my ex tonight. Everytime he sits down in that chair to watch tv, he falls asleep. I had to laugh....he was almost complaining about it.

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Dec 08, 2009 - 9:31AM #4
Nay_ho_tze
Hi Dreamweever

Because a different view can give new insights,
I have a question for you:

Why not  "hear their voices and words after they pass?"
I was taught that, in addition to our physical bodies,
we also have spirit bodies -
then we can use our spirit ears to hear them, no?
Wink

Nay_ho_tze
Beliefnet host
designer and artist
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Dec 08, 2009 - 3:29PM #5
Green.is.my.favorite.color

Hi Dreamweever and warm greetings to you :)

That NHT, boy, inspired and inspiring! How would one follow such thunder?

What you've experienced, I don't think is uncommon at all. You're spiritual "radio" must be tuned to the right frequencies. My father, who was a very grounded, no-nonsense guy (read "left-brained") once experienced, not only the voice of his mother, but, was blessed with a full visitation - full physical manifestation. And, mind you, dad was the last person I would have expected this to happen to!

I've had experiences, too, but my radio is tuned differently: I have experienced things while sleeping (note that I did not say "while dreaming."). Both my mom and my dad have come to me in this way: and they've given me specific messages.

*smiles* you've been blessed, my dear. You hear him because he loves you still -- and wants to be heard.

OKay, I don't mean to be all "swishy" or "new agey" or anything like that - those labels are so unfortunate. But, those have been my experiences.

Hopefully, I didn't step over any bounds... if I did, let me humbly retreat, with my sincere apologies.

All best to you, Dreamweever

Karl

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Dec 08, 2009 - 4:07PM #6
karbie

My paternal Grandma referred to those as "visits" as opposed to dreams. Which is why she was perfectly matter of fact when I told her that there had been a woman standing at the foot of the bed my sister and I were sharing. First she made me describe her--how she wore her hair, etc. Then she told me it was nothing to worry about--her mother had come by that night for a visit and of course she would have peeked in on the great-grandkids on the way back.

It stopped it from being scary...the funny thing was that I had never seen a picture of her mother so I wouldn't have known how she wore her hair. She was a devout Spiritualist in life. My father could see things like the monk-like figure passing through his bathroom wall at the hospital with a smell of lavender--Daddy thought it smelled like the lilacs from home but was corrected--and the next morning he learned that the elderly woman across the hall had died the night before at that time. Proof once again that we don't die alone.

Among other things, your psychic walls are down because of your son being sick so many thousand of miles away from you. Whether consciously or not, you've been calling in the troops to help him....so did I, for that matter. One thing about having been as chemically messed up as I was is that the greater the pain I'm in, the lower my barriers are as well. I was a little freaked when the one little boy was touching me, but he just wanted his family to know he was okay and happy to have found a way to get his message sent. Your Mom and your father-in-law have both come through as being very warm and loving--and your Dad being so proud of the prank he played on everyone.

Anyone who loved us here, with all the pain and just general unpleasantness that comes along with having human bodies, is able to love that much more and that much deeper once all of this nonsense has been shed for the perfect bodies waiting for us there. And of course, the perfect love that surrounds them.

"You are letting your opinion be colored by facts again."
'When I want your opinion, I'll give it to you."
these are both from my father.
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Dec 09, 2009 - 2:40AM #7
Dreamweever2

NHT, Karl, Karbie....thank you all so much. I was feeling so weird and out of place when I started this thread. The evening that he died, I was here at home and got the phone call. I didn't know what to do, and ended up posting on several boards here on the site. It's such a strange place to be in....out of that family, yet in it to an extent still, and also feeling bad about losing dad. He was my father figure most of my life. My dad passed when I was 8 years old. When that was happening, hearing dad's voice and his words, same thing with mom a year ago, I really thought it was like my imagination working, bringing up memories of how they sounded and the typical things they would say. I do feel mom around me at times. She did find a way to let me know that she was ok, and that things were alright. Losing her was devistating, and still hurts. In the midst of things going on last week with dad, things were coming up with finalizing out settling her estate, with me the executor....the double whammy. Too much at one time. But I was at the ex in laws house today, visiting with his mom and sister who is here from Sweden. It was a nice visit, and the house felt warm and comfortable. I didn't notice a greeting from dad today, but I focused on his mom and sister, not really allowing anything else in.

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Dec 29, 2009 - 6:39PM #8
Hamstermom

I have had experience with this with my mother when she passed, as did my daughter. Now have experiences with my daughter since she has passed away.

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Dec 30, 2009 - 6:41PM #9
Dreamweever2

Hello and welcome Hamstermom. I am sorry to hear about your loss of your mom and your daughter.

When I first started this thread, the loss of my ex father in law was still real fresh. I thought at the time that hearing them was something I was doing to myself. I didn't think I was consciously doing it, but that it was like a memory popping into my head of what I would expect to hear them say. I'm glad I posted though, because after some of the other posts, I realized that it was entirely possible that it wasn't me, that maybe that was their way of letting me know they still exist and are ok.

I'm glad you have found Bnet, and I hope that posting here will help you like it has many times and in many ways for me. There are a lot of good people here and a big variety of topics. It's a pretty cool place.

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Dec 30, 2009 - 9:03PM #10
Hamstermom

Thanks Dreamweever2, just had to post with this subject after all the experiences we have had. It's amazing, but I believe they get through to us somehow

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 1 of 2  •  1 2 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook