Page 3 of 3  •  Prev 1 2 3
Switch to Forum Live View Why is it that there are no proofs for life after death?
4 years ago  ::  Nov 17, 2009 - 9:46AM #21
Primarycolors

Could you describe what happened to you that caused you to almost die, then what happened when you left? What are your feelings about life after death now that you have had that experience and do you feel that the experience was more a physical one or a spiritual one or both? What role did your faith and your point of view play on this journey?

Lots of questions, but I hope that you will answer the ones most to your liking. Thanks!

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Nov 17, 2009 - 9:46AM #22
Primarycolors

I meant point of view about life...

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Nov 17, 2009 - 11:15AM #23
Urukai

Nov 17, 2009 -- 9:46AM, Primarycolors wrote:

Could you describe what happened to you that caused you to almost die, then what happened when you left? What are your feelings about life after death now that you have had that experience and do you feel that the experience was more a physical one or a spiritual one or both? What role did your faith and your point of view play on this journey?

Lots of questions, but I hope that you will answer the ones most to your liking. Thanks!

Nov 17, 2009 -- 9:46AM, Primarycolors wrote:

I meant point of view about life...

Im trying this multiquote thing...hoping I get it right...

"Could you describe what happened to you that caused you to almost die, then what happened when you left?"

I was smothered - someone shoved me face down in a slushy snow bank, then sat on my back and began pummeling me in the back of my head keeping me pinned down.  I struggled and fought...my arms were pinned down underneath me and my face was burried in the snow, I had inhaled wet snow so my air passages were cut off...

In my head I was screaming because I knew I was going to die...in the midst of this a disembodied voice asked why I was struggling...I got snarky about dying...we had a brief conversation. I realized some things and stopped struggling...and I was out, out my body in a blink...this was about 3 to 4 minutes into the whole thing.

I watched the person who smothered me continue to hit me for another minute or so. It was a strange thing to look down on myself...well really slightly off to the side of myself and see me only I the real I that is me was no longer in the body I had been wearing for all those years...

I could feel it slowly dawn on the person who had smothered me that I had stopped moving and that he might get into trouble...he ran off and left me...I was left to look me, my body. I felt no fear at this point, no sense of anything religious happening. Things were different but not unrecognizable or frightning.

My sister came into the yard then. She didn't see me laying face down in the snow bank and proceeded to eat some candy which she then proceeded to choke on...I mean like heimlic (is that spelled right?) choke on.

I realized my mother was going to lose 2 of daughters that day...

The disembodied voice then spoke up again and asked what I wanted to do.  My body was done, no movement, no breathing, no heartbeat...I didn't sense anything there. If I went back in it would hurt because damage had been done. I could have gone elsewhere and I had a definate feeling there was an elsewhere, maybe not a place but a different perception...a shift in reality...I'm not sure...

But I did stay. That first lung of choking air you never forget. It was a hard thing to be back in a human body with all its normal physical limitations. Being out you can go anywhere instantly.  To then go back into armor and its like that - its confining still - the memory stays...I know now, I remember now why babies scream when they are born...

I ended up helping my sister and 20 some odd years later actually met the person who spoke to me that day.

answer to your next question coming up...

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Nov 17, 2009 - 11:37AM #24
Urukai

"What are your feelings about life after death now that you have had that experience and do you feel that the experience was more a physical one or a spiritual one or both?"

Thinking on it, the experience highlighted the continuity of life...that we are conscious energy that does not 'die' but that can leave this form, this body after a time and move elsewhere...its not about judgment or anything religious...I felt no sense of the religious anything...it wasn't about hierarchy or being spiritual devoloped in the way that my leg is no more spiritually developed than my arms is....I don't know if that makes sense....

It was just a sense of we - we as a part of the vast universe and everybody and everything in it. Not just people but trees and grass and rocks and the structures we build and the planets and the stars...a bit of the universe...conscious and sometimes in a physical form. The way water sometimes is...

There was a sense of life throughout the experience...we are life...there is nothing seperate - the bodies we live in give us a false impression. I never had the feeling that the "I" that is me was going to die even if my body did...there was need for fear once I remembered myself. 

"What role did your faith and your point of view play on this journey?"

At the time it happened I was approximately 11 years old. I was going to a Catholic grade school not because my family was Catholic but because it was the closest school to where we lived and at the time the most convenient for my parents to send me to.

I really had no mainstream faith at that age. If I believed the teachings of the nuns and priests at my school I would have expected to see angels, heavenly beings, The Catholic version of Deity etc but I didn't. 

My mythology is Paganism/Witchcraft with no sense of a personal deity...I call myself a spiritual atheist of sorts. My beliefs were basically the same back then only not as fleshed out or defined. Now I say Its a sense that one part of lake or the sea or the ocean doesn't worship another part of itself even though in this analogy it is aware of its vastness...

Paganism has been the only spiritual practice that brings me close to remembering that wholeness without seperattion again while in body.

I am not afraid to die because there is no such animal...my personality my ego may go, may dissipate over millenia back into the source but the source is me so its all good...

Its hard to put into words because there really is no langauge for this sort of stuff...

Peace Hugs and Much Love

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Nov 17, 2009 - 1:37PM #25
blancamarin

I have read all the comments and all I have to say is "WOW"....Urukai hunny, my heart goes out to you....I know it's been a few years but it just saddens me to think that you had to go through something so tragic as that.

I have not had a life and death experience so I have no story to tell but a few people that I know have gone through something like this and because of their accounts and because of their faith I have to say that I believe...

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Nov 18, 2009 - 1:05AM #26
Primarycolors

Thank you so much for your story, Uraki. So many people choose to return for many reasons that seem good...many times it is for the love of someone else, and I think that is awesome.

You have quite the story, and I too am sorry it happened. I had to catch my breath. On the other hand, you are here to tell the story, and by passing it on, you are sharing a wealth of information.

Thank you for that, thanks for sharing.

Is there anything else that you would like to add about the experience?

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Nov 18, 2009 - 1:07AM #27
Primarycolors

Urukai...that's the way to spell it right? Now I have it right, I hope.Wink

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Nov 20, 2009 - 8:53AM #28
Urukai

Nov 17, 2009 -- 1:37PM, blancamarin wrote:

I have read all the comments and all I have to say is "WOW"....Urukai hunny, my heart goes out to you....I know it's been a few years but it just saddens me to think that you had to go through something so tragic as that.

I have not had a life and death experience so I have no story to tell but a few people that I know have gone through something like this and because of their accounts and because of their faith I have to say that I believe...

Thanks you for your kind words and sentiments hon.

Hugs and Much Love

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Nov 20, 2009 - 9:46AM #29
Urukai

Nov 18, 2009 -- 1:05AM, Primarycolors wrote:

Thank you so much for your story, Uraki. So many people choose to return for many reasons that seem good...many times it is for the love of someone else, and I think that is awesome.

You have quite the story, and I too am sorry it happened. I had to catch my breath. On the other hand, you are here to tell the story, and by passing it on, you are sharing a wealth of information.

Thank you for that, thanks for sharing.

Is there anything else that you would like to add about the experience?

Uhm what else?

If I had to relive the suffocation I obviously wouldn't but the experience of being out and the shift in perspective I wouldn't change. I don't live in the tragedy of it so much as; having been there I know there are other roads to travel other places to explore.

Two halves of the brain. An opening of the eyes. All physical stuff that takes a person to someplace unquantifyable. 

People have told me it couldn't have happened -because they don't believe it can- what does that mean to somebody who has gone and done?

I don't understand the mechanism of how it works or why. I only know that for me with no expecting it, it did and even if it ends up only being a misfire of the brain in its death throes...I don't care...I got to go to this really neat place for a bit and now out of that I feel and remember the connectedness of all things.

Its like a finger or a toe attaining self awareness, waking up if you will and realizing its already a part of something bigger and far more complex.

To be awake without blinders and not knowing what will happen next or how to figure out what will happen is a little unnerving but I'd rather not go back to sleep. 

I do hope somebody can get some use out of this.

And yes you've spelled it right...

Peace and Hugs and Much Love

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Nov 21, 2009 - 11:38PM #30
Primarycolors

I really found your last post meaningful, Uruki. No matter what one's religious beliefs or how one feels about the life and death experience, I think the most valuable information is empirical. There have been so many people who have returned with stories that are similar--and, also a few that have been different. It's all part of the mystery. To know even a little about it is a gift. Perhaps one day, there will be a way to prove that there is life after death, but as I said in an earlier post, leaning on faith (and now paying attention to stories such as yours that we are privileged to hear) is the best way I know right now to understand anything about it.

This answer skirts the original question, I guess. I hope someone else has a better explanation because this topic is something almost everyone wants to know more about.

Peace

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 3 of 3  •  Prev 1 2 3

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook