Page 6 of 6  •  Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6
4 years ago  ::  Nov 28, 2010 - 1:03PM #51
taddeo

About this question, I imagine this life is contained within our parents, we inherit fundamental parts of their bodies and spirits, we live to transfer the same, successively, and each fraction of those will have their destinies, their own evolution.

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Jan 31, 2011 - 10:21AM #52
Donfreeman

I've read this topic on here for ages now.  All of these posts really get me thinking a lot.   I have a memory of a past life (whether or not anyone believes that). Well I think I have a memory, anyway. Seems like it.

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Mar 17, 2011 - 5:37PM #53
Nonchristianheaven

We were alive within our parents before even they were created, so I guess Life before birth is possible.

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Mar 25, 2011 - 6:41PM #54
Jeaninebuben

Real life is spiritual with no beginning and no end according to the sages.  Many have experienced NDEs and come back to tell us about entering into a new realm before they were suddenly brought back here.  My sense of reason and faith both tell me that life is a continuum of cycles and changes.

JeanineLynn
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Mar 26, 2011 - 1:51AM #55
DotNotInOz

Jan 31, 2011 -- 10:21AM, Donfreeman wrote:

I've read this topic on here for ages now.  All of these posts really get me thinking a lot.   I have a memory of a past life (whether or not anyone believes that). Well I think I have a memory, anyway. Seems like it.

If you're still looking in on this thread, Donfreeman, do come over to the Past Lives support board should you be curious about exploring the possibility that you do recall a past life.

community.beliefnet.com/go/forum/view/43...

You'll find a number of people there who can help you investigate whether or not you think your memory is of a past life and will get into what may be interesting discussions.

I know one name you'll certainly see there...yours truly. ;-)

Just an invitation that may change how you view yourself and your life...

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Apr 12, 2011 - 5:52AM #56
aaliya

Yes, I have too heared about the life before birth, I just know that the new born baby is not able to speak, just cause, at that time he used to remember his complete past, as going on with his age, he step up in his present life, and start speaking, :)

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Apr 12, 2011 - 5:19PM #57
Namchuck

Mar 25, 2011 -- 6:41PM, Jeaninebuben wrote:

Real life is spiritual with no beginning and no end according to the sages.  Many have experienced NDEs and come back to tell us about entering into a new realm before they were suddenly brought back here.  My sense of reason and faith both tell me that life is a continuum of cycles and changes.

It seems that the only "new realm" that those who experience NDE's enter is one that is entirely generated by the brain in extremis. One can explain NDE experiences such as disembodied senses and lights as lack of oxygen and stimulus of the angular gyrus, which has recently been demonstrated experimentally

And while reason can verify that life is a continuum of changes - infancy, childhood, adolescent's, adulthood, etc -  and, in some sense, cycles (each generation following similar patterns as the one before), 'faith' is merely the transparent admission to wishful thinking. Faith is capable of believing anything, that pigs fly, that grass is red, etc.

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Apr 15, 2011 - 10:35PM #58
Jeaninebuben

Thank you for your thoughts.  Best regards!

JeanineLynn
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Aug 10, 2012 - 2:39PM #59
Ajohns32

You hear a lot of people say that they chose to be born into the life they are living. I think this idea of life before birth is really catching on in New Age movements. 

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Aug 11, 2012 - 2:27AM #60
Namchuck

Aug 10, 2012 -- 2:39PM, Ajohns32 wrote:

You hear a lot of people say that they chose to be born into the life they are living. I think this idea of life before birth is really catching on in New Age movements. 

I don't think you hear "a lot" of people saying any such thing.

You may hear Mormons use such language, but even they wouldn't suggest that there is a scrap of evidence to justify such a belief.

"New Age movements" (religion dressed in a tuxedo) are just a hangover from the infancy of mankind.

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 6 of 6  •  Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook