Switch to Forum Live View Does the pain ever go away
5 years ago  ::  May 24, 2009 - 9:43PM #1
Carebear66

In 2000 I lost my grandma to congestive heart failure. She was my best friend; and it seems like only yesterday that I lost her. On the last Saturday of the month me and her would go and have a slice of pizza at the mall; then we would go window shopping. Also when I was in Junior high and I struggled with Math she would stay up with me until 1 am to help me.

Sometimes I get so angry that she left me; Some of my friends and family tell me that I should just get over it, but how can I get over it when I miss her so much?

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  May 25, 2009 - 2:46AM #2
Boston

Death is true. We can't run away from death. I understood what going on you because i lost my grandma to in 2007. When i miss her i just remmembered the time that i spend with her and think she is still with me. Do same thing C66 it might help you.

---

free obituary

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Jul 22, 2009 - 10:53AM #3
acii

Actually there is never any real separation. What you are doing is focusing on the physical appearances, when in fact she is with you in a very real sense in spirit. Take a few minutes every time you are sad to contemplate on what she would say to you were she there physically. Start remembering the GOOD TIMES you had with her, and she will begin to appear in your mind and in other ways.

Still, once in a while you will need a good cry too.

Here's mine when my dog died.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=W0USx6DSMgY

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Jul 26, 2009 - 5:33PM #4
Serenity1552

When my mom died 7 years ago, I joined a death, and dying forum.

I found people who could understand, and empathize with me, because they were in  a similar situation.  At the same time, there wasn't the emotional stress involved, with talking with loved ones

I found that I was able to give, and receive comfort.  I was able to grow emotionally from this pain

I hope you are able find a true inner peace

Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook