Page 3 of 3  •  Prev 1 2 3
6 years ago  ::  Nov 21, 2008 - 12:28PM #21
chanalea18
Hi. I think it is not unusual to fear death.  The best thing to do in  my opinion if you are agnostic, is to live your life doing good for others as this will take your mind off of worrying and make you feel better.  It will also insure you of a good place in the afterlife, if there turns out to be one!  Either way, you win!
Best,
Chanalea
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Nov 22, 2008 - 3:18PM #22
pilahawaiian
Everybody like to go to Heaven, but nobody like go now. Except maybe me, I'm having a hard time waiting.  The Definition of patience is a long Fricking time.

I think we are born to enter the Kingdom on Earth, Then you have to Love your Brother as God has Loved you, by Teaching his children how to enter the Kingdom on Earth.

The trouble with the Kingdom on Earth, is it makes you Disease Free, in a Diseased world. So the only way you can get out of here is by being Patience and wait for God to call you Home. Or do like Jesus did Piss a bunch people off so they will kill you. Even then it has to be the will of God.

To me only the dead are afread of dieing, the living can't wait to get off our Mother Earth and be with our Father in Heaven.
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Aug 02, 2009 - 8:45PM #23
Migrator

I'm afraid I'm a bit late replying. =/

Anywho... I can hardly believe that so many people besides me have death anxiety, because I never hear about it. I suppose that it's a good thing that people here are able to talk about it.

I've had a fear of death and dying since I was a small child. I'm not going to lie; I don't think it ever completely goes away. But I have found ways to temporarily keep it away. Some are spiritual, like meditating or praying. Another method is to simply try not to think about it (a lot harder than it sounds, but still, it can be successful).

A couple of nights ago I had a spontaneous moment of what my friend called "nirvana." It was relaxing, peaceful, and for the moment; I had completely lost my fear. Whether or not it was a peek into eternity doesn't matter; it's the fact that it helped that counts. I'm not sure entirely why this happened, but I noticed my breathing had nearly ceased, I wasn't thinking about anything in particular, and that I was tired and lying in the dark (one could try that, but I don't recommend trying not to breathe). Maybe fewer people would fear death if they experienced "nirvana."

Don't get me wrong, it hasn't completely gone away. But I have at least found things that help.

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 3 of 3  •  Prev 1 2 3

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook