Important Announcement

See here for an important message regarding the community which has become a read-only site as of October 31.

Page 1 of 2  •  1 2 Next
Switch to Forum Live View Near-death experiences
9 years ago  ::  Nov 25, 2008 - 12:47AM #1
LagunaMom
I'd like to hear others' near-death experiences.
Mine happened in '96 when I nearly died from--unbelievable as it sounds--so-called "safe paint."
I'd had MCS (Multiple Chemical Sensitivities) for years brought on by a pesticide spill of dog tick dip when I was pregnant in '84.  Years later, my liver become damaged from medication, and I couldn't filter out the chemicals in the paint. 
My experience reminds me of Star Trek, when they'd get into a critical situation and (sorry, can't remember the dialogue) would move all power to the defense system to get them through the crisis.  It felt like me--my personality--was shutting down, system by system.  I had the unnerving sensation that this really wasn't who I was, that it was only an expression of me, and that I was tied to the universe through my gut.  (I believe that in Kabbalah, we're all supposed to be attached to the universe by a silver cord that runs right in that area.  I had no idea of this until years later.)
Obviously, I survived, but it was terrifying.  That feeling that I'm only living in this body and with this personality returned years later.  It was unnerving.
Still, I feel the same way about death that I did before.  Kind of scared, although I've had enough signs from loved ones that I believe something must be on the other side.
Quick Reply
Cancel
9 years ago  ::  Nov 25, 2008 - 11:23AM #2
nillawafer
i was hit on the crown of my head by a falling rock off a mountainside at eklutna glacier when i was 12. my skull was crushed and i was knocked unconscious. while in that state i felt a warm, safe place off to my side. i beckoned me. it felt so safe and warm. but my dad found me in the rubble and carried me to the parking lot. the whole time i was screaming "let me die!" the pain from being bounced around on his back was excrutiating and the warm place was so nice. but some others made a stretcher out of a blanket and carried me out the rest of the way. 4 hours of surgery put my skull back together like humpty dumpty. i still have the dent and scar.

sometimes when i'm angry or upset with life i actually feel angry that i wasn't allowed to die there, but now i have three children and a grandchild on the way, so i guess here is where i'm supposed to be!
Quick Reply
Cancel
9 years ago  ::  Nov 25, 2008 - 12:25PM #3
RiverMoonlady
Many years ago (more than 30) I attempted suicide and succeeded to the extent that I died in the ER.  I talked to the doctor later and he told me that when they stopped resuscitation efforts and he looked at the clock to call the time of my death, I spontaneously returned to life.

I took that as a sign that my work on earth was not done, and to this day I have concentrated on helping others, especially those with bipolar disorder, depression and emotional problems.

Oh, there was no white light, either - the last thing I remember was falling down into a black whirlpool but it was peaceful and I recognized that I was no longer in pain.  I have now learned to embrace the joy in life and let the pain dissipate through meditation and long walks in natural settings.
Quick Reply
Cancel
9 years ago  ::  Nov 25, 2008 - 5:18PM #4
Loving777
I have had two near death. This is what streagthened my faith in God greatly.

The first time..was when I was 16 I too like RiverMoonLady tried to commit suicide. I felt so empty and hurting and so angery at the world and myself..couldnt fight it any longer. I took a whole bottle of my grandmothers bloodpressure pills and a whole bottle of Asprin..thats all that was near that could do the job at the time. I laid down and fell alseep thinkin that sweet realise would soon been near. The next thing I knew..I woke up in the morning...I WAS alive..But I lost my hearing for 3 days. I went to the doc and told what had happened and she didnt believe me that I took all them pills..she said I should be dead if I took them. She said everything was normal..blood pressure and everything was normal..she couldnt find why I lost my hearing. But I did regain my hearing back after 3 days. The only thing I can think of is that God took me in his hand and helped me. But gave me a coinsinquence tho so I would never forget what happened..the hearing loss.

This one I am about to tell now is the 2nd one that I had. I had sleep apnea..still do but not as bad now that I lost wieght. But I used to stop breathing in my sleep. About a year ago I  was asleep in bed..and apparently stoped breathing..because the next thing I remember ..was I felt like I was out of my body..just above my body..I was lighter then a feather..I felt such peace such love such a lightness its hard to explain in mear human words. Its impossible to discribe the feelings I was feeling. I didnt feel the wieght of my body at all..I felt so free. I was like that for a time. THen some how I came back into my body..and I sure didnt like it. I wanted back out. Coming back into your body after feeling what I felt , felt awful. It was the worst feeling I have ever felt. My own body felt like an ill fit..like it didnt fit anymore..it felt to small and cramped..like I was caved in ...it felt like a prison..a fleshy prison...that I couldnt get away from. I felt the wieght of my body crushing me ..like something that wieghed 2 tons.  I felt like it was goin to crush me. It felt damp and dark and unwelcoming. ANd I lost that feeling when I came back to my body..meaning the all consuming love and peace and light. When I came back to my body I felt the wieght of the world. I tried to get rid of these feeling by getting up and walking around , to do things to get my mind on something else..but I could barely move because of the wieght of my body..it took everything in me to get up and move..when I finally did get up and moved..I had to get back into bed because my body was to heavy and I felt awful. It took days or maybe should say weeks to get rid of the feeling of loss..for lossing those wonderful feelings..and to feel right about my body and the wieght. No one really knows how heavy our bodies and whats goin on around us wieghs on us...until you go thru something like this. I know either I died because of the breathing ..or I was given a gift..because at that time I was so stressed out about everything in my life. I was so tired ..tired of everything. Some say that I was given a gift ..that God knew that I needed to rest just alittle..so he lifted me to show me and to give me rest. Either way I split on the experience tho...One, I am glad I went thru that..it has opened my eyes and just reinforced my faith even more..and those feelings of love and peace I will never forget..when they say God is a loving God ..they are so right. But Two, I wish I didnt go thru that because of the great loss that I felt and still now and then feel. ANd the realization of how heavy everything is in this world. ANd also the realization of how we make things worse for ourselves..not even realizing it. Some do but alot dont. But really I am glad I did go thru that...it was a gift I do believe either way it went.

ps please excuse my spelling. Its aweful.
Quick Reply
Cancel
9 years ago  ::  Nov 25, 2008 - 5:35PM #5
Loving777
RiverMoonLay,

I agree with you when you said that your work was and is not done here on earth. What you felt about the pool is what many others has felt also. If you felt peace then thats a good thing..I do believe that you didnt see the light is because you were not ready to go..it was not meant to be just yet. Some has said that when they seen the light , first they were ina dark place..like a whirling dark tunnel or pool type thing..then when they traveled thru it is when they started to see a white light..at first it was like a pin light then when they got closer it got bigger.

What I have come to believe is that whirling dark tunnel or pool is infact us goin thru the dieing process. Our bodies and physical mind slowly letting go of our spirit. The farther we are the bright light will appear. I dont  think that your body or the physical mind totally  let go. I do believe you were clinically dead..or you wouldnt of felt or seen what you did..I dont think your spirit let go of your body even tho it was dead. I do believe God wouldnt let it..the peace you felt was God. He was there..and he didnt want you to go just yet. Like you said your job wasnt done. Because of all you been thru in your life and felt as like you said can help so many who has been and are in your shoes. He sent you to help them come out of their dark and damp pit that they are in. Your the light that shines on them that God has sent to help pull them out..your the rope God has thrown to them. God Bless you hun. Thank you for sharing .
Quick Reply
Cancel
9 years ago  ::  Nov 25, 2008 - 5:42PM #6
Loving777
Lmom and Nwafer,

Thank you so much for sharing your experiences too. I love reading others stories . God Bless.
loving
Quick Reply
Cancel
9 years ago  ::  Nov 26, 2008 - 1:02PM #7
pilahawaiian
I do this for others and myself.
when a person cleanse and purifies the body or temple of God with Holy Water, "not the kind of Holy Water you find in a Church"  this is what you get to experience.

This happens to everyone, they go down what looks like a tunnel and they come to a bright light, that looks a lot like my picture you see on here.

During this process of purifying the Holy Temple of God they get to hear a vibration within. It is a sound that sounds like a vibration.

After looking at the Holy Light within, and when they open their eyes and look around, they can see a new world that looks a lot like what people say Heaven looks like.

Everything has light coming out of it, and nothing looks like death. It is the most peaceful place you will ever see on Earth.

Theirs more to this experience, and I’ve been doing this for people for 18 years now.
A person will get everything Religion talks about, but it has nothing to do with Religion it has everything to do with LIFE.

Just thought I would share that with you.
Quick Reply
Cancel
9 years ago  ::  Dec 08, 2008 - 1:20PM #8
Dyane357
Jan. 11,01 was the day I had a terrible car accident.  I was an RN and worked the 7p to 7am shift.  This shift lasted longer than normal and being the single-mom of a schoolage child, my morning or after-work schedule was thrown off kilter.   I drove to the sitter's, picked up my son, took him to school and then rec'd a call from my grandmother.  She wanted me to come by her house but to this day I don't remember why.   On the way there, I fell asleep at the wheel.  I opened my eyes 'just in time' to see me heading into the side of a mountain that lines Ailor Gap road here in Tennessee.  I remember saying "God, this is going to hurt..." followed by the loudest BOOM I've ever heard.    I heard some voices saying,"This one is dead."  I said," I'm not dead!...Don't you know you never say a thing like that to an unconcious person?!"  Then I realized they couldn't hear me.  I next heard the tap...tap...tap...of high heel shoes. It was my Aunt Lena yelling,"She has a little boy!  Where's Blake?"  I 'told' her, "Now you KNOW I took him to school this morning!"  Once again, no one could hear me.  It was then I realized that I was looking at this scene from BEHIND everybody...in fact, Lena had run PAST me!  I was watching this from the doors of the ambulance!   I was in no pain and I was 'just there.'   In all the commotion, I heard a voice say,"Don't worry...it looks bad but it's okay...in fact, I'm sending you back."     Next thing I know, it is two months later.  I wake up in the hospital ICU with skull fractures, broken left hip, arm and no memory.   As time went on I got better and better.   In August of that year, I began telling people about the 'dream' I had.  I was surprized at the details of this dream.  I saw everything even the navy blue pumps on Aunt Lena.   Only, this was not a dream...it happened and it happened to me.   We have the accident report that concludes with,"victum expired' and spoken to the TN State Trooper who was with me.   He says there is no way "humanly" possible that I could have known what was going on or said but --"she does."   Dealing with the accident and the disabilities it caused has been hard.   Yet it's okay---it looked bad...but He sent me back!     It has been ok.   I have tried as have others to explain my experience with logic and science but unfortunately,( lol)  it can't be explained.   It simply happened.  For what it's worth, that is my story.   Yes, it DID teach me that Life is short and only loaned to us.  It also taught me the importance of detail.  The most important thing I learned from it was "Don't worry...it's okay."
Quick Reply
Cancel
9 years ago  ::  Dec 09, 2008 - 8:53AM #9
atlantis
Cancun seemed like the idyllic place to spend our honeymoon. The crystal blue waters and romantic setting promised a perfect beginning to our new life. Early the second day, my husband and I rented snorkling gear and headed to the Isle of Mujeres, legendary for its coral reefs and exquisite tropical fish.  Always the adventurer, my husband struck up a conversation with another couple who mentioned the best place for snorkling was "beyond" the area marked off for tourists. Cautious, but not wanting to dampen their enthusiasm, I followed, quickly forgetting my concerns as the gentle current carried us out to deeper waters. Within minutes it was clear that we were being dragged further from the island. I looked around for the other three swimmers who were maddly making it back towards the beach. A barracuda, 50 feet below, swam past and the thought of sharks compelled me to fight the current as waves crashed over and pushed me under. Gasping for breath, I looked up and saw a verticle cliff with no place of escape. As I began to hyperventilate I thought  this going to be the end.  Months earlier, before graduating from seminary, I had gone on a 7 day leadership training course in the White Mountains of NH. Rockclimbing had taught me an important physical and spiritual lesson about trust: overcoming great obstacles often requires surrender not mere determination. At the very moment I felt a strong downward pull from the current, I heard a voice firmly commanding, "Relax, KT!"  Ten yards ahead the current forked. To the right was a frothy path out to darker waters, but to the left the surface was calm as it curved around the base of the precipice. Taking a deep breath, I stopped struggling and was carried further away from shore to the exact point of decision. With all my remaining strength I swam blindly towards the calm surface until I felt a sharp pain. My hand grasped a jagged piece of coral. Finally, quite bloodied, I pulled myself  to shore where my husband and friends waited anxiously. Walking slowly back to our towels and backpacks, I turned to our friend and asked, "Was that you at the edge of the cliff who called out to me to relax?? And how did you know my maiden initials? My oldest brother is the only one who ever calls me "KT"!" He looked puzzled and quietly said, "You were out of sight, behind the cliffs, the entire time. I didn't see you  until you climbed out on the coral reef." It was an angel, the voice of God, that reminded me to surrender and trust, again.
Quick Reply
Cancel
9 years ago  ::  Dec 10, 2008 - 9:13AM #10
dbass006
My third son was delivered by C-Section at 11:26 pm on March 5, 1973.  Three and a half hours later I was being taken back to the Operating Room because I was bleeding internally.  My husband was brought tin o see me prior to being put to sleep because they did not know if I was going to live, I had lost a lot of blood.

I woke up as someone was holding both my feet by the ankles, as if shaking me to wake me up.  Then I remember laying there and seeing a bright light coming toward me through the walls, getting closer and closer each second until it was in the room I was in, in front of me.  I felt a tremendous sense of Peace like I have never felt before.  I felt the presence of the Lord and felt His Peace.

I've never been scared of dying since then, I know now that when I die, I will be with the Lord in a peaceful place.
Needless to say, I survided the operation and recovered.  I went home with my baby boy nine days later.

I did not tell anyone about that experience for many years until I started reading about "near death experiences" and realized that I was not the only one who had experience something like that.
Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 1 of 2  •  1 2 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook