Page 5 of 5  •  Prev 1 2 3 4 5
Switch to Forum Live View Seeing those who have passed near death
6 years ago  ::  Apr 29, 2008 - 3:23AM #41
NothingButLove

rosyred wrote:

Hi NBL,
It is very hard for a medium to be able to say who they are going to contact before they start.  You will only get the spirits who wish to come forward.

But if he was able to do this then he must be truely exceptional. !!!!

Hi Rosyred,

He is, but you are right.

What happened is that his guide went to fetch my mother, and we waited for her to arrive. He commented she was a very long way away, yet I don't think we waited even a minute. I don't think a parent would ever refuse an opportunity to talk to a child. But generally you can't order up anyone.  We were also told that I had been prompted to ask the medium to contact my mother, so this thing was obviously pre-arranged.

On the other hand, if I have a question I really need an answer to, I simply address it to Jesus, and he either responds, or finds someone to respond. But many of my friends have regular celestials they chat with, and they will generally respond, if a question is posed to them.

Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  May 10, 2008 - 6:07PM #42
JimRigas
What is your book called and can you share a little bit of your experiences with us?

The book's name is The Way of the Butterfly: A Scientific Speculation on God and the Hereafter. It essentially compares our current stage of life with that of the caterpillar's and the next to that of the butterly. It is not based on personal experiences, although it describes some, but rather discusses modern avant-garde scientific theories that explain how life-after-death can be physically possible.

Accepted science's strongest argument against such a concept is that our memories are stored in our brain, and when we die our brain turns into mush. So how can we (that is our memories) survive death. The answer to that argument is that our brain is merely a transmitter/receiver to our memories which are stored externally in some kind of field similar to the electromagnetic field that carries radio and TV signals.

Similar ideas have been advanced by many philosophers and scientists, from Plato, to Jung, to Bohm and Sheldrake. Christianity rejects the idea, of course, but proposes that God records our memories in a book and then puts them back into our resurrected bodies. Use "electromagnetic field" instead of "book," however, and the two become identical; except, of course, that I don't believe in bodily resurrection, since that would be a step backwards, nor in a period of non-existence since that would be completely unscientific.
Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 5 of 5  •  Prev 1 2 3 4 5

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook