Important Announcement

See here for an important message regarding the community which has become a read-only site as of October 31.

Switch to Forum Live View Near Death Experience
9 years ago  ::  Dec 20, 2008 - 10:07PM #1
meribast69
This last Monday I committed myself to the V.A. psych ward because of strong suicidal ideation and depression. On Thursday, I couldn't stand it anymore - there was no treatment or therapy there. Just waiting.
So I told them either commit me (go in front of a judge) or let me go. They let me go AMA (against medical advice). That night I tried to commit suicide by taking 400 mg Ambien, 300 mg  flexeril, 40 mg vicodin and 30 mg ativan. I was found Saturday morning in the living room by my apartment mate sitting in seiza with left and right hands in the gyan position. I was able to talk according to my apartment but it was very low and hard to hear me. I could not move under my own power. I don't remember a thing since I downed the pills - enough to kill 4 people according to the internet site ask.com

I am not a yoga practitioner, but I looked up the hand positions (mudras) on the internet but I do have a little bit of knowledge of zen buddhism from studying martials arts for a bit.

What does this mean, if anything? I know I shouldn't have attempted suicide (please no flaming) I'm still in a fragile mood state I think but no suicidal ideation or depression. Looking for feedback from anyone with enough knowledge about yoga and meditation
Quick Reply
Cancel
9 years ago  ::  Dec 21, 2008 - 12:22AM #2
NothingButLove

meribast69 wrote:

I am not a yoga practitioner, but I looked up the hand positions (mudras) on the internet but I do have a little bit of knowledge of zen buddhism from studying martials arts for a bit.

What does this mean, if anything? I know I shouldn't have attempted suicide (please no flaming) I'm still in a fragile mood state I think but no suicidal ideation or depression. Looking for feedback from anyone with enough knowledge about yoga and meditation

Well I wish I could give you a good explanation. If you can't recall anything that happened, its hard to know. The yoga position is recommended because it is believed it enhances ones ability to meditate, and keeping the spine straight is all to do with energy flows. But its not critical. I meditate lying down. I hope that you are able to deal with the emotions that are taking you to this dark place. I will say a prayer for you. Suicide is not good. I can tell you that because my sister passed that way.

take care.

Quick Reply
Cancel
9 years ago  ::  Jun 01, 2009 - 2:45AM #3
Boston

God give us the life to live not for suicide. I always believed in faced the problems like a man or not run to your problems or suicide like a coward.

----

Free Obituaries

Quick Reply
Cancel
9 years ago  ::  Jul 22, 2009 - 10:28AM #4
acii

I think what happened was that you almost died, and the spirit, once released from the confines of a body was able to tap into your past life and and soul memories, and that practice was learned by you in another lifetime. (My personal opinion) Maybe it triggered that meditative practice.

BTW, terminating your life before your mission is done creates a lot of angst in the spirit realms. I wonder if since then you have had any dreams or visions indicating what your renewed purpose is or if you received any guidance.

Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook