Page 3 of 3  •  Prev 1 2 3
Switch to Forum Live View Near-Death Exp. Summary Report
4 years ago  ::  Apr 01, 2011 - 3:55PM #21
Namchuck

Apr 1, 2011 -- 10:24AM, JimRigas wrote:

Mar 31, 2011 -- 11:32PM, Namchuck wrote:

One of the unfortunate aspects, at least for those who place a signficant emphasis on them, of NDE's are the studies that show how the stories of those who have had the experience alter and change over time. Seems like it is a continuous narrative initially invented by the brain in extremis and continued by the imagination. 

That  may be due to the writers, not to the viewers.  After all if you only have to report what others have written about before, there is nothing to write.  So each investigator (?) looks for something new; perhaps even stretches the truth a little.  "Blindsight," for instance, is a book written about NDE's among blind.

I'm only referring to those cases scientifically investigated where access was available to audio files and written reports made by those who had experienced an NDE. I think it's apologetic hyperbole to suggest that the documented changes - some of them significant with, for instance, entities added in later - are a result of mere 'creative writing'. 

'Blindsight', while a fascinating phenomenon, is not one that suggests postmortem existence.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Sep 26, 2012 - 6:33PM #22
klm

I always thought it interesting that some people who had a NDE could recall what was going on down the hallway or in the next room while they were on the operating table.    I don't know how to explain that away as a dream.   interesting.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Oct 07, 2012 - 1:44AM #23
Namchuck

Sep 26, 2012 -- 6:33PM, klm wrote:

I always thought it interesting that some people who had a NDE could recall what was going on down the hallway or in the next room while they were on the operating table.    I don't know how to explain that away as a dream.   interesting.

It would be interesting if it were true and accurate, but most of the reports seem to be little more than anecdotal.

It's a bit rough when our best evidence for life after death amounts to anecdotal stories about "what was going on down the hallway or in the next room" supposedly when one is on the operating table. 

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Oct 13, 2012 - 9:04PM #24
JimRigas

Oct 7, 2012 -- 1:44AM, Namchuck wrote:

It's a bit rough when our best evidence for life after death amounts to anecdotal stories about "what was going on down the hallway or in the next room" supposedly when one is on the operating table. 

To the thousands of anecdotal NDE stories, you can add the hundreds of thousands anecdotal ghost stories.  True, you still have only anecdotal evidence, but not all have been proven false.  Still, just because science has not proven that A exists does not mean that A does not exist; only that science has not proven its existence (yet).

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Oct 14, 2012 - 5:44PM #25
Namchuck

Oct 13, 2012 -- 9:04PM, JimRigas wrote:

Oct 7, 2012 -- 1:44AM, Namchuck wrote:

To the thousands of anecdotal NDE stories, you can add the hundreds of thousands anecdotal ghost stories.  True, you still have only anecdotal evidence, but not all have been proven false.  Still, just because science has not proven that A exists does not mean that A does not exist; only that science has not proven its existence (yet).

Wow! Compelling argument there, Jim. Undecided

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 3 of 3  •  Prev 1 2 3

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook