Important Announcement

See here for an important message regarding the community which has become a read-only site as of October 31.

Switch to Forum Live View Did my mother-in-law will herself to die?
10 years ago  ::  Aug 21, 2008 - 12:08PM #1
tracikay
My husband's mother died unexpectedly last year. She was a person who always put herself last so others would not be inconvenienced. I almost think that she willed herself to die so my husband and I would inherit her assets. Last year, I was fired from a job. My husband took a job transfer which required us to move to another state. All that required extra money which we did not have until she died. She left everything to my husband who was her only child. Actually, not really - he had a stepsister who died at age 15 and a stepbrother who died at age 24. That was over 30 years ago and but she never got over it.  She was also in an abusive marriage and when her husband died, she finally got some of her life back. Anyway, she had set things up in a way that my husband did not have to wait for attain her assets. Also, she died one day before our wedding anniversary. I think she did not want to ruin our anniversary.
Because of her death, we got the funds we needed for us to meet moving expenses, buy a new car (unintended but our old one quit on us and had high mileage), and meet other expenses.
What do you think?
Quick Reply
Cancel
10 years ago  ::  Aug 21, 2008 - 12:08PM #2
tracikay
My husband's mother died unexpectedly last year. She was a person who always put herself last so others would not be inconvenienced. I almost think that she willed herself to die so my husband and I would inherit her assets. Last year, I was fired from a job. My husband took a job transfer which required us to move to another state. All that required extra money which we did not have until she died. She left everything to my husband who was her only child. Actually, not really - he had a stepsister who died at age 15 and a stepbrother who died at age 24. That was over 30 years ago and but she never got over it.  She was also in an abusive marriage and when her husband died, she finally got some of her life back. Anyway, she had set things up in a way that my husband did not have to wait for attain her assets. Also, she died one day before our wedding anniversary. I think she did not want to ruin our anniversary.
Because of her death, we got the funds we needed for us to meet moving expenses, buy a new car (unintended but our old one quit on us and had high mileage), and meet other expenses.
What do you think?
Quick Reply
Cancel
10 years ago  ::  Aug 21, 2008 - 4:48PM #3
MarleneEmmett5
[QUOTE=tracikay;706611]My husband's mother died unexpectedly last year. She was a person who always put herself last so others would not be inconvenienced. I almost think that she willed herself to die so my husband and I would inherit her assets. Last year, I was fired from a job. My husband took a job transfer which required us to move to another state. All that required extra money which we did not have until she died. She left everything to my husband who was her only child. Actually, not really - he had a stepsister who died at age 15 and a stepbrother who died at age 24. That was over 30 years ago and but she never got over it.  She was also in an abusive marriage and when her husband died, she finally got some of her life back. Anyway, she had set things up in a way that my husband did not have to wait for attain her assets. Also, she died one day before our wedding anniversary. I think she did not want to ruin our anniversary.
What do you think?[/QUOTE]
Tracikay:
They say that sometimes people can pass away from a "Broken Heart"????
Could this have happened to your mother in law???
Did you ever hear her talk about your husband's siblings???
Did you ever hear your husband talk about them???

Sometimes,when people have have tramatic events happen they "close them inside" and don't talk about them~
in fear of hurting others~I have a cousin who something happened to her many years ago that she won't talk
about. Ever~I have my theories but keep them to myself.
I hope that one day she'll tell what happened~cause I miss her.
We grew up together,but have not really had any contact since 1979.
Something happened to your mother in law.
But there's no one to really ask.
Quick Reply
Cancel
10 years ago  ::  Aug 23, 2008 - 5:37PM #4
puzzleman
Maybe she wanted to give you some thing she never had or a better life that she knew she couldn't have or be lived. I lost my Mom this past June and I now know about losing a Mom as well. I don't think people will themselves to die but I do believe that people lose the will to keep fighting whatever is that is bringing them close to death.
Quick Reply
Cancel
10 years ago  ::  Aug 31, 2008 - 8:52PM #5
DAH54
Yes I believe it is very possible. I of course have no idea if she did it, but yes it is possible.  If she did, it was her choice and her gift.

For Technical support visit

> Dah's User to User Self Support <

Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook