Important Announcement

See here for an important message regarding the community which has become a read-only site as of October 31.

Page 1 of 3  •  1 2 3 Next
10 years ago  ::  Dec 30, 2007 - 11:14PM #1
ProfessorGoatPellets
Afternoon everyone,

Hope all is well with you.

A quick question - why is birth considered to be a miraculous event but death isn't?

If you remove the emotional content then aren't they are of equal standing?

Goat
Quick Reply
Cancel
10 years ago  ::  Dec 31, 2007 - 1:29AM #2
NothingButLove
Hi Goat,

Well its easy to understand this, because folks can see that birth is a life happening, and they consider that a miracle. But because most folks have no idea what will happen when this material life ceases, they can't see the taking up of life in another realm as being miraculous. But probably folks on the other side see it that way, a bit like we see birth?
Quick Reply
Cancel
10 years ago  ::  Jan 16, 2008 - 5:52PM #3
AceQuickshot
I agree with the above post.  It's simple to understand, but impossible to go beyond that understanding.  Birth we know as a life brought into our current world, whatever that we live in, it seems a miracle that a newborn is brought into it.  Especially since the people that usually consider it a miracle are the parents, who have created the body of this soul, but without understanding of what lies beneath the body.  When it comes to death, that's all we come to realize.  The body is dead, the soul?  Where has it gone?  Will we see it again?  People aren't too quick to cope with the death of a loved one, or a friend or so on.  It's the unknown that strikes feeling within them, and the loss they share within our current life with them.  To some it may be a miracle, but to most of the population, they see it as it's been said.
Quick Reply
Cancel
10 years ago  ::  Jan 17, 2008 - 10:52PM #4
John_T_Mainer
[QUOTE=ProfessorGoatPellets;175405]Afternoon everyone,

A quick question - why is birth considered to be a miraculous event but death isn't?

Goat[/QUOTE]

Asatruars go through the gates the same way.  Scream on our lips, and joy in our hearts.  We pass from state to state with wild joy; the love-fire of Freya, the battle rage of Odin.  Birth and Death are the same to us.  I do not know what waits on the other side, nor did I know what awaited on this one.  I only know that when my time comes, I will storm that breach as I have every other hurdle or challenge in this life; joyously.

Life is a test.  Death is a test.  Birth and dying are simply the gates we must pass through between challenges.  Who has time to fear doorways, when whole worlds await your conquest!

On the second of Feburary I will bury my grandparents.  Their illness was terrible, their fate not one I would wish on my most hated foe.  I and my fellows gathered together to beg the gods to grant them swift passage into death, and out of suffering.  Within an hour of our prayer, grandma was dead.  Within a day, so was grandad.  We prayed for death to release them from pain, for thier tasks here were done, and nothing remained but pain.  Beyond the gates their challenges awaited, and thus we begged the gods to grant my grandparents the gift of death. 

I asked, and my sister with me.  My gods granted our prayers, and my poor Christian grandparents were released from their self-forged hel.
Quick Reply
Cancel
10 years ago  ::  Jan 18, 2008 - 9:43AM #5
spiritalk
[QUOTE=NothingButLove;175651]Hi Goat,

Well its easy to understand this, because folks can see that birth is a life happening, and they consider that a miracle. But because most folks have no idea what will happen when this material life ceases, they can't see the taking up of life in another realm as being miraculous. But probably folks on the other side see it that way, a bit like we see birth?[/QUOTE]

Birth dates are soon forgotten and dates of transition become the measure of the spirit progress.
Quick Reply
Cancel
10 years ago  ::  Jan 28, 2008 - 5:22PM #6
natureboy_the0
[QUOTE=ProfessorGoatPellets;175405]Afternoon everyone,

Goat[/QUOTE]Yes, Goat! Birth is the sunrise and death is the sunset of the physical manifestation but it is our ignorance and disbelief in "reincarnation" that make man consider birth miraculous and death emotionally regretted.
Are you questioning your beliefs, ask I AM THAT I AM to clarify them!
Elijah Alfred "NatureBoy" Alexander, Jr. presenting SEEDS OF LIFE
Quick Reply
Cancel
10 years ago  ::  Jan 29, 2008 - 10:31AM #7
spiritalk
[QUOTE=natureboy_the0;247529]Yes, Goat! Birth is the sunrise and death is the sunset of the physical manifestation but it is our ignorance and disbelief in "reincarnation" that make man consider birth miraculous and death emotionally regretted.[/QUOTE]

There is little comfort to the bereaved in the thought of reincarnation, I have found.  It is merely one more theory of existence that has taken hold in the minds of some.  It is actually not even the majority, despite some people's ideas to the contrary. 

Birth we can see.  At death there is a birth of the spirit into other vibrations - that is where it is seen as celebration and rejoicing.  This, too has been vouchsafed by those in the spirit realms.  There is little to fear in death when we understand progression.
Quick Reply
Cancel
10 years ago  ::  Jan 29, 2008 - 6:52PM #8
Hermitmonk
I wonder if it is because birth is the beginning of a physical manifestatioin that we attach ourselves to and decide to become a part of, while death is the separation form it.  And the separation hurts so much we reject it as being as intrinsic an event as birth.

Before my daughter died I was able to take her to the funeral of an old family friend.  I took her to the casket and explained that Paul was not going to wake back up and that her would be buried and that is okay.  While holding her, I turned around told her that in 100 years we would all be gone and that all new people would be here and that's okay.  We have to move to a place where we understand, "that's okay". 

The saddest thing about death is that it becomes less about the person's death and more about how we feel about our loss.
Quick Reply
Cancel
10 years ago  ::  Jan 29, 2008 - 6:52PM #9
Hermitmonk
I wonder if it is because birth is the beginning of a physical manifestatioin that we attach ourselves to and decide to become a part of, while death is the separation form it.  And the separation hurts so much we reject it as being as intrinsic an event as birth.

Before my daughter died I was able to take her to the funeral of an old family friend.  I took her to the casket and explained that Paul was not going to wake back up and that her would be buried and that is okay.  While holding her, I turned around told her that in 100 years we would all be gone and that all new people would be here and that's okay.  We have to move to a place where we understand, "that's okay". 

The saddest thing about death is that it becomes less about the person's death and more about how we feel about our loss.
Quick Reply
Cancel
10 years ago  ::  Jan 30, 2008 - 11:08AM #10
spiritalk
It is too bad when the many speak of death in hushed and hallowed tones instead of celebration of progression of the soul.  Funerals are for the living - they are grieving their loss.  But they can also be a celebration of the life that was and how it touched all in attendance.  Grieving is real, but love for the deceased allows their progression in spirit.
Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 1 of 3  •  1 2 3 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook