Page 1 of 7  •  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next
Switch to Forum Live View Anyone had a promise with a loved one to communicate after death
7 years ago  ::  Dec 21, 2007 - 12:05AM #1
dbrower
Have you had a conversation with someone about letting you know, in some way, that they go on after they have died?  After they passed, did they prove it to you?
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Dec 21, 2007 - 10:08AM #2
Intuitivespirit

dbrower wrote:

Have you had a conversation with someone about letting you know, in some way, that they go on after they have died? After they passed, did they prove it to you?

I have had irrefutable proof of the Afterlife as far as I can remember. As a Spiritualist medium, I get visits from those who've passed on fairly regularly. These visitations occur whether I'm demonstrating mediumship in or out of Church.

To give some background, Spiritualism's core belief is communicating with those who've passed on through mediumship.

I have felt very blessed and privileged to be able to do this, especially with my own loved ones who've passed. Each experience has been positive, uplifting and precious.

Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Dec 21, 2007 - 10:26AM #3
spiritalk
Proof comes when our own visit as well as when we can produce a visit for others.  What a wonder of comfort! 

I kind of like when loved ones comes without a preconceived message - but, on the other hand have heard of incidents of its happening just as planned.
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Dec 22, 2007 - 4:56PM #4
NothingButLove

dbrower wrote:

Have you had a conversation with someone about letting you know, in some way, that they go on after they have died? After they passed, did they prove it to you?

I had a conversation with my mother after she passed. I am 1000% certain it was my mother.

There is however a famous exercise where a fellow guaranteed that after his death he would communicate back, and he did. I just wish I could remember the name of the exercise, he died about 100 years ago. I am surprised it never seemed to become widely known as proof. The technique he used was to send parts of a message to each of a number of mediums, and they forwarded their bit to a central place. Only when it was all assembled could one make sense of the message. None of the mediums knew about the exercise, nor could understand the message, so they could not be frauds.

Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Dec 22, 2007 - 7:53PM #5
NothingButLove

NothingButLove wrote:

There is however a famous exercise where a fellow guaranteed that after his death he would communicate back, and he did. I just wish I could remember the name of the exercise, he died about 100 years ago.

I managed to find it. Frederick Meyers "Cross Correspondences"

Its fascinating reading this some ten years after I first found it. I did not know about the research he did where mediums can channel living folks, although I did have a message from my mother while she was in an altzheimers ward, but the medium certainly knew it was my mom.

Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Dec 23, 2007 - 8:59AM #6
spiritalk
The reason there is no proof of this particular idea is...it is just not viable to the progression of the soul.

Consider...you have arrived in spirit form and there are people to meet, places to go, things to do.  It is your journey - your focus is on the next adventure of life.  Earth ideas quickly lose their hold and interest.

By the time you remember the test - you forget what to do.

To acclimatize to a current situation, we must release the old one.
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Dec 23, 2007 - 10:46AM #7
Intuitivespirit

NothingButLove wrote:

I managed to find it. Frederick Meyers "Cross Correspondences"

Its fascinating reading this some ten years after I first found it. I did not know about the research he did where mediums can channel living folks, although I did have a message from my mother while she was in an altzheimers ward, but the medium certainly knew it was my mom.

Wouldn't that be telepathy?

Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Dec 23, 2007 - 2:53PM #8
NothingButLove

spiritalk wrote:

The reason there is no proof of this particular idea is...it is just not viable to the progression of the soul.

Consider...you have arrived in spirit form and there are people to meet, places to go, things to do. It is your journey - your focus is on the next adventure of life. Earth ideas quickly lose their hold and interest.

By the time you remember the test - you forget what to do.

To acclimatize to a current situation, we must release the old one.

Well Frederick Myers kept this up for a very long time, like over 30 years. And all the books by Aphraar (Lees) came about because of his determination to communicate with earth folks. For quite some time earth ties remain, for some folks many many years. And actually his experiment is all the proof a skeptic would need. Its very clever. But I have heard of others, and they have kept their bargain. I certainly plan on telling my loved ones somehow. Maybe pushing photos over, that sort of thing.

Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Dec 23, 2007 - 2:56PM #9
NothingButLove

Intuitivespirit wrote:

Wouldn't that be telepathy?

Well its not actually any different, but what Meyers was saying, that mediums got messages from folks they claimed were dead, and they were not. So the mediums could not tell, and just assumed they were dead. I had the same experience with my mother, and I now recall another situation too. I am clair sentient, and a dear friends' brother had been lost to the family some years. While we were talking, I felt his presence so strongly my face changed shape. I was sure he was dead, but I was wrong. As we discovered some years later. A salutary lesson.

Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Dec 24, 2007 - 9:52AM #10
spiritalk
Wasn't Myer's work something to do with giving a piece of a puzzle to several different people? He was trying to prove continuity of spirit.

They are few and far between, but we are communicating with spirit - some can be in the body still and some can have left.  Interesting test of our own mediumship?
Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 1 of 7  •  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook