Page 2 of 2  •  Prev 1 2
Switch to Forum Live View Hedge of protection?
6 years ago  ::  Jul 25, 2008 - 8:33PM #11
NothingButLove

scarredsoul wrote:

For me to downplay the value of my life would be to downplay what JEsus did on calgary, as far as i am concerned my life should be considered having great value being that God gave his only son so that i may have a chance to live it.

Ah yes. So many things orthodox Christians have completely wrong. No wonder the universe seems strange. There was no inherent value in Jesus losing his life. His life was lost because of a number of arrogant and powerful people, but the world gained nothing. We just lost a great person from this realm, that is all. I agree that if one person is saved in say a car crash, when clearly they should have died, it sounds like that person is special. But perhaps the issue is that you are looking at the acts that person may be able to effect, during their life, as being that person, when they are not. For some of these folks that get a second chance, as it were, they may just do one thing, that perhaps seems even irrelevant. Its the butterfly flapping its wings.

Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Jul 25, 2008 - 8:41PM #12
NothingButLove

scarredsoul wrote:

Furthermore if God has nothing to do with the timing of our deaths due to free will, how would you explain the deaths of jobs children in the book of JOb?

Satan does not exist. Satan was once a created being, but he was never the sort of incredibly powerful being that Christians make him out to be. Unfortunately your book was closed 2000 years ago, so you, from your own choices, no longer listen to the words of God, when they are shared. The Lucifer rebellion is over. The participants have been mostly rehabilitated, and a few were wiped.

We do have free will, and I always considered that to be totally sacrosant. However I am beginning to hear that just rarely, it can be overridden. Very rarely. I do not consider that God has anything to do with the timing of our deaths, except in such cases as we may have avoided a serious accident, in that sense you could say He did have an influence. But at some future date we will pass over. Either through accident or disease, or natural causes.

I don't bother with the Old Testament too much. Who knows how much of it is real. Perhaps you believe the story of Noah? Clearly a complete fable.

Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Jul 30, 2008 - 10:29AM #13
spiritalk
Perhaps we are on earth for lessons and can only graduate (die and go to spirit realms) when we have completed the course?
Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 2 of 2  •  Prev 1 2

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook