Important Announcement

See here for an important message regarding the community which has become a read-only site as of October 31.

Switch to Forum Live View How To Overcome The Criminalization Of Christianity
2 years ago  ::  Jun 19, 2015 - 5:19AM #1
Kwinters
It is insane the crap and hate these men spew while claiming to speak for a god.  Where are the moderate Christians who are rejecting these nonsense assertions?

Earlier this year, Religious Right activist Janet Porter announced that she had produced a documentary called "Light Wins: How To Overcome The Criminalization Of Christianity," which featured a who's who of anti-gay activists, Republican members of Congress, and GOP presidential candidates warning that gay rights activists are out to destroy Christianity and put Christians in jail...

Jesus had two dads, and he turned out alright.~ Andy Gussert

“Feminism has fought no wars. It has killed no opponents. It has set up no concentration camps, starved no enemies, practiced no cruelties. Its battles have been for education, for the vote, for better working conditions…for safety on the streets…for child care, for social welfare…for rape crisis centers, women’s refuges, reforms in the law.

If someone says, “Oh, I’m not a feminist,” I ask, “Why, what’s your problem?”

Dale Spender
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jun 19, 2015 - 11:04PM #2
Ironhold

Given some of what's been happening recently (legal battles, threats to burn down businesses, et cetra), I think you can understand why people don't entirely trust the pro-gay marriage crowd. 

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jun 21, 2015 - 3:23PM #3
Do_unto_others

Jun 19, 2015 -- 11:04PM, Ironhold wrote:

Given some of what's been happening recently (legal battles, threats to burn down businesses, et cetra), I think you can understand why people don't entirely trust the pro-gay marriage crowd. 

Given what the 'christian' 'right' says about gay people (we're apparently the equivalent of rapists, murderers, child-molesters, necrophiliacs, bestialists, "worse than terrorists" and "should be rounded up in electrified pens until [we] die off", I think you can understand why people don't entirely trust the anti-equality religious squad.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jun 21, 2015 - 6:39PM #4
Ironhold

Jun 21, 2015 -- 3:23PM, Do_unto_others wrote:

Given what the 'christian' 'right' says about gay people (we're apparently the equivalent of rapists, murderers, child-molesters, necrophiliacs, bestialists, "worse than terrorists" and "should be rounded up in electrified pens until [we] die off", I think you can understand why people don't entirely trust the anti-equality religious squad.

Hence my point.

The issue isn't as cut-and-dried as the OP wants to make things seem. 

We've got paranoia feeding off of paranoia, with individual acts snowballing into major fears. 

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jun 22, 2015 - 2:07PM #5
Do_unto_others

Jun 21, 2015 -- 6:39PM, Ironhold wrote:

Jun 21, 2015 -- 3:23PM, Do_unto_others wrote:

Hence my point.

And here I thought my point refuted yours. Not sure why the "hence".

The 'religious' 'right' don't HAVE to "trust the pro-gay marriage crowd". They have to allow the Constitution's promise of the equal protections  of the law to apply to ALL citizens, despite their paranoia.

Jun 21, 2015 -- 6:39PM, Ironhold wrote:

We've got paranoia feeding off of paranoia, with individual acts snowballing into major fears. 

That is the M.O. of the religious right - perpetuating unfounded fears.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jun 22, 2015 - 6:39PM #6
Ironhold

Sadly, it's not all unfounded when you look at things like the post-8 anthrax scare.

Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook