Page 3 of 3  •  Prev 1 2 3
Switch to Forum Live View Red lips, more tips
2 years ago  ::  May 22, 2012 - 5:18PM #21
CharikIeia

May 22, 2012 -- 5:14PM, mytmouse57 wrote:

May 22, 2012 -- 5:03PM, CharikIeia wrote:

This kind of 'social science experiment' is what I consider 100% waste of good tax money...

... and I am a person who financially depends on tax money being spent on social science!

But, if waitresses make bigger tips by putting on red lipstick, they'll have more to pitch in for tax money toward social science. 

Right.

And social scientists who put on red lipstick may get bigger research grants as well...

tl;dr
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  May 22, 2012 - 5:23PM #22
mytmouse57

May 22, 2012 -- 5:18PM, CharikIeia wrote:

This kind of 'social science experiment' is what I consider 100% waste of good tax money...

... and I am a person who financially depends on tax money being spent on social science!

But, if waitresses make bigger tips by putting on red lipstick, they'll have more to pitch in for tax money toward social science. 

Right.

And social scientists who put on red lipstick may get bigger research grants as well...

Perhaps. As long as they aren't really big, hairy social scientiests. 

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  May 22, 2012 - 6:55PM #23
vra

May 22, 2012 -- 5:16PM, mytmouse57 wrote:

May 22, 2012 -- 9:46AM, vra wrote:

Well, pardon my X-rated response, but here it goes.

Amongst the primates in general, one characteristic of a female in heat was that the vaginal lips swelled and turned more red.  In our human history, the first recorded use of lipstick was in the Middle East and was worn by women who were prostitutes.  With human females, the same thing occurs as with other primates but is far less conspicuous, however the "message" of red lips appears to have not left the male subconscious.

I'm not sure I buy the "red lips = a big vajay-jay cue" idea. 

But, it's a good argument to make.

That's OK, and maybe you're right.  OTOH, we do know there's an attraction, so what was just researched really isn't anything surprisingly new, plus we have to remember that we share so many personality characteristics with the great apes to begin with, although I'm sure that really is an insult to them.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  May 22, 2012 - 6:58PM #24
vra

May 22, 2012 -- 5:23PM, mytmouse57 wrote:

Right.

Perhaps. As long as they aren't really big, hairy social scientiests. 

Us bonobos ain't that big physically, but we are strong enough to stick a banana in your ear-- or elsewhere.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  May 22, 2012 - 7:00PM #25
vra

Right.

Damn, I wish I had known that before I retired.

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 3 of 3  •  Prev 1 2 3

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook