Post Reply
Page 29 of 34  •  Prev 1 ... 27 28 29 30 31 ... 34 Next
Switch to Forum Live View Appeals Court Rejects California's Gay Marriage Ban
3 years ago  ::  Feb 22, 2012 - 6:16PM #281
mytmouse57
Posts: 9,782

Feb 22, 2012 -- 6:10PM, Ken wrote:


Feb 22, 2012 -- 6:04PM, mytmouse57 wrote:


Feb 22, 2012 -- 5:22PM, Ken wrote:


Feb 22, 2012 -- 4:51PM, mountain_man wrote:


Feb 22, 2012 -- 3:50PM, mytmouse57 wrote:

....And the posistion you take continues to irrationally insist that anybody who refuses -- for whatever reason -- to give feel-good affirmation to the politically correct construct of "sexual orientation" and resulting conclusions about homosexuality, simply must despise gays and view them as sub-human.


When you make claims like that you only expose your hatred of gays. Not accepting that people are born with different sexual orientations is part of the bigotry. That people are born that way is not politically correct, nor is it to "feel good;" it's established science. Now, if you wish to go against science, as creationists do, then go right ahead. You have that right.



He doesn't deny that homosexuality is inborn. He regards it as a congenital disease. He regards acting upon it as immoral. He wants gay people to live lonely, loveless lives.




That was silly, and dishonest. 


I've never said any of those things. 




No, you're dishonest. You have called homosexuality a disorder. You have even expressed the hope that one day it will be curable. You clearly think of it as a disease.




I've never described it as a "disease."


Look, your obsession with me and your continual effots to twist my words and arguments, and the wild suppositions you seem to draw about my personal feelings have been amusing. But frankly, I'm not interested in helping you make a jackass out of yourself. I've given you ample rope, and the results have been predictable. I'm not a cruel person, so I'm done with that. 


Let's either talk about the issues at hand, specifically, how SCOTUS might handle gay marriage in light of the 14th amendment. 

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Feb 22, 2012 - 6:17PM #282
Ken
Posts: 33,859

Feb 22, 2012 -- 6:11PM, mytmouse57 wrote:


Feb 22, 2012 -- 5:18PM, Ken wrote:

I asked you: Do you or do you not describe some people's deepest affections as "disordered"? That is not a rhetorical question. Why are you unwilling to answer it?



The first question is couched in a false premise, that essentially puts the cart before the horse, and frankly deliberately twists the assertion it (supposedly) addresses.


Identify the false premise.


Feb 22, 2012 -- 6:11PM, mytmouse57 wrote:

The second question is a blatant, cheap appeal to subjective emotion.


It's an invitation to empathize, something of which you are obviously incapable.


Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Feb 22, 2012 - 6:20PM #283
Ken
Posts: 33,859

Feb 22, 2012 -- 6:16PM, mytmouse57 wrote:


Feb 22, 2012 -- 6:10PM, Ken wrote:

No, you're dishonest. You have called homosexuality a disorder. You have even expressed the hope that one day it will be curable. You clearly think of it as a disease.




I've never described it as a "disease."


Disorder, disease - same thing.


Feb 22, 2012 -- 6:16PM, mytmouse57 wrote:

Look, your obsession with me and your continual effots to twist my words and arguments, and the wild suppositions you seem to draw about my personal feelings have been amusing. But frankly, I'm not interested in helping you make a jackass out of yourself. I've given you ample rope, and the results have been predictable. I'm not a cruel person, so I'm done with that.


You really are contemptible, aren't you? You tell me to my face that I'm disordered and immoral, then you say you're not a cruel person.

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Feb 22, 2012 - 6:41PM #284
mainecaptain
Posts: 21,783


Feb 22, 2012 -- 6:16PM, mytmouse57 wrote:

Look, your obsession with me and your continual effots to twist my words and arguments, and the wild suppositions you seem to draw about my personal feelings have been amusing. But frankly, I'm not interested in helping you make a jackass out of yourself. I've given you ample rope, and the results have been predictable. I'm not a cruel person, so I'm done with that.



Yes you are a cruel person, and you think everyone should follow your orders. Well you have no authority over anyone but yourself, that really bothers doesn't it?

A tyrant must put on the appearance of uncommon devotion to religion. Subjects are less apprehensive of illegal treatment from a ruler whom they consider god-fearing and pious. On the other hand, they do less easily move against him, believing that he has the gods on his side. Aristotle
Never discourage anyone...who continually makes progress, no matter how slow. Plato..
"A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives" Jackie Robinson
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Feb 22, 2012 - 6:49PM #285
mytmouse57
Posts: 9,782

Feb 22, 2012 -- 6:20PM, Ken wrote:


Feb 22, 2012 -- 6:16PM, mytmouse57 wrote:


Feb 22, 2012 -- 6:10PM, Ken wrote:

No, you're dishonest. You have called homosexuality a disorder. You have even expressed the hope that one day it will be curable. You clearly think of it as a disease.




I've never described it as a "disease."


Disorder, disease - same thing.


Feb 22, 2012 -- 6:16PM, mytmouse57 wrote:

Look, your obsession with me and your continual effots to twist my words and arguments, and the wild suppositions you seem to draw about my personal feelings have been amusing. But frankly, I'm not interested in helping you make a jackass out of yourself. I've given you ample rope, and the results have been predictable. I'm not a cruel person, so I'm done with that.


You really are contemptible, aren't you? You tell me to my face that I'm disordered and immoral, then you say you're not a cruel person.




You come up with a rational argument that isn't a pathetic attempt at a personal attack, and your discussions on this topic might go somewhere.


So, how about that 14th Amendment?

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Feb 22, 2012 - 6:51PM #286
mytmouse57
Posts: 9,782

Feb 22, 2012 -- 6:41PM, mainecaptain wrote:



Feb 22, 2012 -- 6:16PM, mytmouse57 wrote:

Look, your obsession with me and your continual effots to twist my words and arguments, and the wild suppositions you seem to draw about my personal feelings have been amusing. But frankly, I'm not interested in helping you make a jackass out of yourself. I've given you ample rope, and the results have been predictable. I'm not a cruel person, so I'm done with that.



Yes you are a cruel person, and you think everyone should follow your orders. Well you have no authority over anyone but yourself, that really bothers doesn't it?




If you want to know about me, personally, send me a PM, and I'll tell you whatever I might feel comfortable revealing to a stranger online.


Past that, I suggest you debate and discuss issues, and refrain from personal attacks and baseless supposistions about the character of others. 

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Feb 22, 2012 - 6:55PM #287
Ken
Posts: 33,859

Feb 22, 2012 -- 6:49PM, mytmouse57 wrote:


Feb 22, 2012 -- 6:20PM, Ken wrote:

You really are contemptible, aren't you? You tell me to my face that I'm disordered and immoral, then you say you're not a cruel person.



You come up with a rational argument that isn't a pathetic attempt at a personal attack, and your discussions on this topic might go somewhere.



Why don't you do that? I haven't seen you post a rational argument yet. Aren't you just parroting what your religion tells you to think?

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Feb 22, 2012 - 7:41PM #288
mountain_man
Posts: 39,147

Feb 22, 2012 -- 6:03PM, mytmouse57 wrote:

Not at all. I have never once argued on these boards that homosexuality is a "choice," and not without at least some bioloigcal, inborn characteristics.


It seems you've never argued any position on this then. You're all over the place yet it all comes down to a negative view of homosexuals.

Dave - Just a Man in the Mountains.

I am a Humanist. I believe in a rational philosophy of life, informed by science, inspired by art, and motivated by a desire to do good for its own sake and not by an expectation of a reward or fear of punishment in an afterlife.
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Feb 22, 2012 - 7:45PM #289
mountain_man
Posts: 39,147

Feb 22, 2012 -- 6:49PM, mytmouse57 wrote:

....So, how about that 14th Amendment?


I could not care less what some law says about anything. My ethics do not come from laws. Homosexuals should be treated no differently than anyone else. They have a HUMAN right, not a "legal right," to have sex with consenting adults as they choose, marry who they choose, and live their lives as they choose. That goes for any consenting adult human.

Dave - Just a Man in the Mountains.

I am a Humanist. I believe in a rational philosophy of life, informed by science, inspired by art, and motivated by a desire to do good for its own sake and not by an expectation of a reward or fear of punishment in an afterlife.
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Feb 22, 2012 - 8:45PM #290
mytmouse57
Posts: 9,782

Feb 22, 2012 -- 7:45PM, mountain_man wrote:


Feb 22, 2012 -- 6:49PM, mytmouse57 wrote:

....So, how about that 14th Amendment?


I could not care less what some law says about anything. My ethics do not come from laws. Homosexuals should be treated no differently than anyone else. They have a HUMAN right, not a "legal right," to have sex with consenting adults as they choose, marry who they choose, and live their lives as they choose. That goes for any consenting adult human.





I agree.


Self-determination is a basic human right.

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 29 of 34  •  Prev 1 ... 27 28 29 30 31 ... 34 Next
 
    Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

    Beliefnet On Facebook