Page 34 of 34  •  Prev 1 ... 29 30 31 32 33 34
Switch to Forum Live View Appeals Court Rejects California's Gay Marriage Ban
2 years ago  ::  Feb 23, 2012 - 6:47PM #331
mainecaptain

Feb 23, 2012 -- 5:15PM, Thetwofish wrote:

Thanks Maine.  I just shake my head sometimes.  Blindness prevails.

Peace

<'{{><

Sad isn't it?

A tyrant must put on the appearance of uncommon devotion to religion. Subjects are less apprehensive of illegal treatment from a ruler whom they consider god-fearing and pious. On the other hand, they do less easily move against him, believing that he has the gods on his side. Aristotle
Never discourage anyone...who continually makes progress, no matter how slow. Plato..
"A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives" Jackie Robinson
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Mar 01, 2012 - 3:49PM #332
Merope

This thread was moved from the Hot Topics Zone.

Merope | Beliefnet Community Manager
Problems? Send a message to Beliefnet_community
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Mar 02, 2012 - 12:00PM #333
Bob_the_Lunatic

It's pretty creepy when christians, bahais, mormons, etc want to crawl in bed with strangers, why... I would call it downright "perverted".

Such religions have gross teachings.  The best part is when they treat gays differently, (like not allowing them to marry), and then insist they don't discriminate!  

It's amazing how small the world of some people is.

It's quite simple:  MIND YOUR OWN BUSINESS!

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Mar 02, 2012 - 12:41PM #334
mainecaptain

Mar 2, 2012 -- 12:00PM, Bob_the_Lunatic wrote:

It's pretty creepy when christians, bahais, mormons, etc want to crawl in bed with strangers, why... I would call it downright "perverted".

Such religions have gross teachings.  The best part is when they treat gays differently, (like not allowing them to marry), and then insist they don't discriminate!  

It's amazing how small the world of some people is.

It's quite simple:  MIND YOUR OWN BUSINESS!

It is creepy, it is creepy how so many of the Abrahamics spend so much time these people spend thinking about other peoples private sexual behaviour. Yes it down right perverted. Disgusting.

A tyrant must put on the appearance of uncommon devotion to religion. Subjects are less apprehensive of illegal treatment from a ruler whom they consider god-fearing and pious. On the other hand, they do less easily move against him, believing that he has the gods on his side. Aristotle
Never discourage anyone...who continually makes progress, no matter how slow. Plato..
"A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives" Jackie Robinson
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Mar 04, 2012 - 11:01AM #335
Do_unto_others

Feb 23, 2012 -- 4:25PM, mytmouse57 wrote:

in your view, to dissaprove of or question homosexuality is to disparage the person.

I don't believe that IS Ken's position, but he can defend himself.

I just wanted to comment on the absurdity of "'approving' or 'disapproving' of another  human being's sexuality in the first place. It's like 'approving' or 'disapproving' of left-handedness, or "questioning" eye-colour.

Prop 8 got shot down in court. Nobody should be surprised. 

And yet so many, MANY "Christians" seem not only to be "surprised", they're also upset, outraged, miffed, 'concerned' (etc.) - so much so that they lead drives to change entire Constitutions to bend them toward what THEY "agree with"/"approve of"/"question".

As Ann Landers used to say, y'all should "Mind your own beezwax."

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Mar 04, 2012 - 11:09AM #336
Do_unto_others

Feb 23, 2012 -- 2:41PM, mindis1 wrote:

BTW, it seems no one here has articulated a rational reason to deprive same-sex couples and their children of the rights and responsibilities that come with civil marriage.  Right?  I didn't just happen to miss that post, did I?

No, mindis1, you didn't miss it - because it doesn't EXIST. The pro-Prop 8 legal faction couldn't come up with even ONE "rational reason" in any of the hearings, so I don't think you should hold your breath waiting for it here on this board either.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Mar 07, 2012 - 7:02PM #337
Ken

Mar 4, 2012 -- 11:01AM, Do_unto_others wrote:

in your view, to dissaprove of or question homosexuality is to disparage the person.

I don't believe that IS Ken's position, but he can defend himself.

That is exactly my position.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Mar 09, 2012 - 12:12AM #338
Do_unto_others

Thanks for clearing that up. My dyslexia caused me to mis-read mouse's comment. My apologies.

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 34 of 34  •  Prev 1 ... 29 30 31 32 33 34

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook