Page 1 of 2  •  1 2 Next
Switch to Forum Live View Isn't homosexuality simply a choice?
3 years ago  ::  Jan 24, 2012 - 3:04PM #1
Craig_w_dressler
We all have choices about whether to live holy lives or unholy lives.  I don't like to recall the poor choices I made in regards to sexuality when I was younger.  However, after I made Jesus my Savior and Lord and was filled the Holy Spirit, God has empowered me to live a holy life in regards to my sexual choices.  Many others have made that choice as well.  Because there are many others who have done so, isn't the idea that genetics is at fault simply a way to deny the truth in this regard?
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Jan 24, 2012 - 9:40PM #2
REteach

My only sexual partner was my husband and that was after we married, so, unlike you, I have not made inappropriate sexual choices.  I also did not choose to fall in love with men.  Heterosexuals do not choose to fall in love with the opposite sex. They just do. That is why they are called heterosexuals.  If you had to choose, you are not a heterosexual.  If you had to choose, please do not marry a woman. She deserves someone who loves her completely, not someone who is just using her to look straight.  

I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize what you heard was not what I meant...
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Jan 24, 2012 - 10:06PM #3
mainecaptain

If you had to choose  to be heterosexual you are not heterosexual. Pretending to be straight and marrying someone is terribly immoral thing to do. For the reasons REteach mentioned above.

Homosexuality is NOT a choice in any way, shape or form

A tyrant must put on the appearance of uncommon devotion to religion. Subjects are less apprehensive of illegal treatment from a ruler whom they consider god-fearing and pious. On the other hand, they do less easily move against him, believing that he has the gods on his side. Aristotle
Never discourage anyone...who continually makes progress, no matter how slow. Plato..
"A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives" Jackie Robinson
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Jan 24, 2012 - 10:08PM #4
Sacrificialgoddess

Jan 24, 2012 -- 10:06PM, mainecaptain wrote:

If you had to choose  to be heterosexual you are not heterosexual. Pretending to be straight and marrying someone is terribly immoral thing to do. For the reasons REteach mentioned above.

Well, I chose to marry a man. But as a bi-sexual woman, I tend to frustrate both sides that way. ;)

Dark Energy. It can be found in the observable Universe. Found in ratios of 75% more than any other substance. Dark Energy. It can be found in religious extremists, in cheerleaders. To come to the conclusion that Dark signifies mean and malevolent would define 75% of the Universe as an evil force. Alternatively, to think that some cheerleaders don't have razors in their snatch is to be foolishly unarmed.

-- Tori Amos
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Jan 25, 2012 - 9:50PM #5
REteach

The research seems to indicate that men are more likely to be one or the other--a bimodal distribution.  Which is not to say there are no  bisexual men, just that they tend to cluster more.   Women are more likely than men to be truly bisexual, more of a skewed curve.  Of course, bisexual is not heterosexual.  Wink  Bisexuality is not chosen either.  People on either end are not likely to fall in love the opposite way for them.  

I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize what you heard was not what I meant...
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Jan 25, 2012 - 9:53PM #6
Sacrificialgoddess

Jan 25, 2012 -- 9:50PM, REteach wrote:

The research seems to indicate that men are more likely to be one or the other--a bimodal distribution.  Which is not to say there are no  bisexual men, just that they tend to cluster more.   Women are more likely than men to be truly bisexual, more of a skewed curve.  Of course, bisexual is not heterosexual.    Bisexuality is not chosen either.  People on either end are not likely to fall in love the opposite way for them.  

The person I dated before my husband was a stunningly hot woman. :D

We just weren't meant to be, I guess, but we are still good friends.  And she is still very, very hot!

Dark Energy. It can be found in the observable Universe. Found in ratios of 75% more than any other substance. Dark Energy. It can be found in religious extremists, in cheerleaders. To come to the conclusion that Dark signifies mean and malevolent would define 75% of the Universe as an evil force. Alternatively, to think that some cheerleaders don't have razors in their snatch is to be foolishly unarmed.

-- Tori Amos
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Jan 26, 2012 - 2:47PM #7
mainecaptain

Jan 24, 2012 -- 10:08PM, Sacrificialgoddess wrote:

Well, I chose to marry a man. But as a bi-sexual woman, I tend to frustrate both sides that way. ;)

You're a little stinker you are. Tongue Out

I bet you make people crazy. I assume you fell in love with your husband. You make such an adorable couple. But yes I can see that as confusing for some.

Personally I don't see what the hub bub is about, but I am an eternal romantic, and think love should come before everything. Embarassed

(((SG)))

Moderated by Merope on Feb 02, 2012 - 11:13AM
A tyrant must put on the appearance of uncommon devotion to religion. Subjects are less apprehensive of illegal treatment from a ruler whom they consider god-fearing and pious. On the other hand, they do less easily move against him, believing that he has the gods on his side. Aristotle
Never discourage anyone...who continually makes progress, no matter how slow. Plato..
"A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives" Jackie Robinson
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Jan 26, 2012 - 3:45PM #8
Sacrificialgoddess

Jan 26, 2012 -- 2:47PM, mainecaptain wrote:

You're a little stinker you are.

I bet you make people crazy. I assume you fell in love with your husband. You make such an adorable couple. But yes I can see that as confusing for some.

Personally I don't see what the hub bub is about, but I am an eternal romantic, and think love should come before everything.

(((SG)))

Yep, he is the love of my life. But that doesn't mean that I would have turned him down if he had had girl bits. :D

Moderated by Merope on Feb 02, 2012 - 11:13AM

-- Tori Amos
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Jan 26, 2012 - 4:32PM #9
mainecaptain

Jan 26, 2012 -- 3:45PM, Sacrificialgoddess wrote:

Jan 26, 2012 -- 2:47PM, mainecaptain wrote:

You're a little stinker you are.

Personally I don't see what the hub bub is about, but I am an eternal romantic, and think love should come before everything.

(((SG)))

Yep, he is the love of my life. But that doesn't mean that I would have turned him down if he had had girl bits. :D

He would have been the right one, even if he'd been a girl, I get that. And I think that is perfectly fine. :D

Moderated by Merope on Feb 02, 2012 - 11:14AM
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Jan 27, 2012 - 9:09PM #10
Aussiesoul

Jan 24, 2012 -- 3:04PM, Craig_w_dressler wrote:

We all have choices about whether to live holy lives or unholy lives.  I don't like to recall the poor choices I made in regards to sexuality when I was younger.  However, after I made Jesus my Savior and Lord and was filled the Holy Spirit, God has empowered me to live a holy life in regards to my sexual choices.  Many others have made that choice as well.  Because there are many others who have done so, isn't the idea that genetics is at fault simply a way to deny the truth in this regard?

Craig the greatest gift you can give to God and yourself is to accept yourself as you are. As a sign in front of a church I saw once said "God does not make junk". Listen to the advice given to you by REteach and Mainecaptain. Trying to be someone you are not to fit in with the beliefs of others does not work trust me on that.

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 1 of 2  •  1 2 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook