Page 12 of 12  •  Prev 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12
Switch to Forum Live View Gayest city in America
2 years ago  ::  Jan 21, 2012 - 11:52AM #111
Ken

Jan 20, 2012 -- 10:16AM, Erey wrote:

Jan 19, 2012 -- 11:22PM, Ken wrote:

Jan 19, 2012 -- 10:55PM, Erey wrote:

Ken, it would be a huge inconvenience for the folks that actually want a wedding officiated by anything other than a judge.  A big- fat deal on a couple that is already stressed because they are getting married.

How would it be an inconvenience? The couple just has to pop into an office for fifteen minutes, sign a few papers, and say "I do" in the presence of a clerk. They can save the music, the flowers, the wedding gown, the bridesmaids, the guests and all the rest of it for the religious ceremony.

Ken, KEN KEN  Pahleeese listen to you.  You seem to know that county offices only take 15 minutes.  Ken, I know you have needed to visit these offices in the past, you know 15 minutes is a joke.

The last time I visited a county office was to pay an inheritance tax. I didn't have to wait in line, and it took only fifteen minutes to go through my papers, compute the tax, and write the check.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jan 21, 2012 - 11:54AM #112
Ken

Jan 20, 2012 -- 1:29PM, mindis1 wrote:

Jan 19, 2012 -- 2:41PM, Ken wrote:

If the religious communities didn't want the middle finger, they were perfectly free to avoid it. They could have urged that allowing same-sex marriage was the right thing to do. 

Many have.

Most have not.

Jan 20, 2012 -- 1:29PM, mindis1 wrote:

Jan 19, 2012 -- 2:41PM, Ken wrote:

I don't see why we shouldn't put the clergy in their place.  

Given that any adult in the US can become someone who can officiate a wedding, to single out clergy as the only forbidden profession is overtly hostile to religions.

No kidding.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jan 21, 2012 - 6:39PM #113
mytmouse57

I'll just say I think that professional clergy is an institution that has out-lived its usefulness, and the sooner it's jettisoned, the better.

Otherwise, I think I'll stay out of this particular dogfight.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jan 29, 2012 - 2:09AM #114
rangerken

This thread was moved from the Hot Topics Zone

Conservative, Libertarian, Life member of the NRA and VFW
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Feb 08, 2012 - 11:15PM #115
Do_unto_others

Where all interesting threads go to die.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Feb 09, 2012 - 2:49PM #116
mainecaptain

Sad

A tyrant must put on the appearance of uncommon devotion to religion. Subjects are less apprehensive of illegal treatment from a ruler whom they consider god-fearing and pious. On the other hand, they do less easily move against him, believing that he has the gods on his side. Aristotle
Never discourage anyone...who continually makes progress, no matter how slow. Plato..
"A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives" Jackie Robinson
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Feb 14, 2012 - 4:18PM #117
darcamani

I just read this whole mess.  Sad?  Gayest city ? Huh?

I am laughing out loud.

This was a "hot topic"? 

Really?

This topic came here?

SLC being on top? ROLFLMAO! 

City with biggest bunch of repressed sexual beings cheating on their equally repressed  Church sanctioned wives and their lovers... ok. make it  MOST HUMAN  REPRESSED SEXUAL CITY. 

Live and in action.  Goodness!

That cute rule about chasty is actually a joke. Hetero folk out number gay folk by a long shot and who is lying and fooling around?  Liars, gay and straight.  The gay ones who are OUT  have nothing to hide, the "straight ones" do.   They arn't all that straight.

Bring on the green jello.

Ex Communicated  LDS.  here, with a huge chunck of family in Utah. LOL.  I am the "gay" one not there. Thank god and his wife and all their children.

Dar

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Feb 14, 2012 - 6:03PM #118
mainecaptain

Dar you always have a way of getting right to the point LOL

A tyrant must put on the appearance of uncommon devotion to religion. Subjects are less apprehensive of illegal treatment from a ruler whom they consider god-fearing and pious. On the other hand, they do less easily move against him, believing that he has the gods on his side. Aristotle
Never discourage anyone...who continually makes progress, no matter how slow. Plato..
"A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives" Jackie Robinson
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Feb 15, 2012 - 1:58PM #119
darcamani

((Mainecaptain))

I did not spell chastity correctly.

'Tis between the Liars and the Saints ...Don't ask, don't tell until...

I am to "gay" for that nonsense.

Allow me to go to Utah with my Chinese buddist female  partner, white and black sons born out of wedlock with my name crossed off the books and be treated with open arms being "gay".

Ha ha . So not.

Yes this hits a spot with me.

It is sexist, "gay" referring usually to males. and many  lie like rugs.  It is an unspoken given.

Turn every gay closeted  man purple in Utah and the place will indeed be the "gayest" in America.

Turn every female purple and yep, harems certainly have a reason to be... oh gosh, I am on a rant.

sorry.

Dar

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Feb 17, 2012 - 8:19PM #120
mainecaptain

(((Dar))) I always enjoy your rants, they are informative, insightful,

and often very humorous.

I hope all is well, the family, your beloved. And of course yourself.  :)

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 12 of 12  •  Prev 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook