Page 20 of 20  •  Prev 1 ... 15 16 17 18 19 20
Switch to Forum Live View Atheist/Skeptic Culture Has a Sexism Problem
3 years ago  ::  Jan 15, 2012 - 12:20PM #191
SeraphimR

Jan 15, 2012 -- 2:40AM, JCarlin wrote:

Jan 15, 2012 -- 12:42AM, SeraphimR wrote:

It is a burden if organizations end up promoting women to postitions of power simply to appease the feminists.

I have seen more organizations destroyed by promoting incompetent men to positions of power for sexist reasons than by promoting competent women.  In many types of organizations the female management style is much more effective than the male dominance model so common as a male management style. 

I haven't.

Who is the female Steve Jobs, btw?

People with a mission to save the earth want the earth to seem worse than it is so their mission will look more important.

P.J. O'Rourke
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Jan 15, 2012 - 12:40PM #192
wohali

"In many types of organizations the female management style is much more effective than the male dominance model so common as a male management style."

Like Carley Fiorina? 

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Jan 15, 2012 - 1:11PM #193
JCarlin

Jan 15, 2012 -- 12:40PM, wohali wrote:

"In many types of organizations the female management style is much more effective than the male dominance model so common as a male management style."

Like Carley Fiorina? 

More like Ken Lay.  Or perhaps Mark Hurd.

J'Carlin
If the shoe doesn't fit, don't cram your foot in it and complain.
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Jan 15, 2012 - 2:41PM #194
SeraphimR

Jan 15, 2012 -- 1:11PM, JCarlin wrote:

Jan 15, 2012 -- 12:40PM, wohali wrote:

Like Carley Fiorina? 

More like Ken Lay.  Or perhaps Mark Hurd.

How many women scientists or technicians did it require to put a man on the moon?

The way women have gotten ahead is  by bitching and moaning about sexism, not through actually accomplishing something.

Notable women are only those who are the first woman to have done something men first did decades ago.

People with a mission to save the earth want the earth to seem worse than it is so their mission will look more important.

P.J. O'Rourke
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Jan 15, 2012 - 3:20PM #195
Jcarlinbn

As this thread has strayed from its local topic it has been moved from Discuss Atheism to this more general forum.  

jcarlinbn, DA host. 

Jcarlinbn, community moderator
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Jan 15, 2012 - 3:42PM #196
Faustus5

Jan 14, 2012 -- 1:09PM, mountain_man wrote:

Gee three does make it a HUGE problem.

Actually closer to six or seven when you actually think through all the references, which obviously you are not capable of doing. And one of them, where a GROUP of women warn a new female speaker, clearly indicates an organizational dysfunction.

But again, you are in denial, so you won't register anything a reasonable person would acknowledge.

Jan 14, 2012 -- 1:09PM, mountain_man wrote:

I have analyzed the given information and their claims. An honest analyzation shows me that there is not a systemic problem in the "Atheist/skeptic" culture.

Luckily, your un-informed opinion doesn't matter, and leading speakers and atheist bloggers like P.Z. Myers, whose extensive contacts and experience in the movement make yours look like a bit of a joke, have forcefully acknowledged the reality of what you deny.

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Jan 15, 2012 - 8:35PM #197
JCarlin

Jan 15, 2012 -- 2:41PM, SeraphimR wrote:

How many women scientists or technicians did it require to put a man on the moon?

Because of sexism it it only recently that young women like Angela Zhang have recieved a proper science education to do something like find a possible cure for cancer.  As a rocket scientist at the time of the Apollo Project, I can testify that the reason no women scientists and technicians were in the program was pure sexism.  Three extremely well qualified women chemists were denied jobs at the company I worked as the company did not hire women scientists.  

J'Carlin
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Jan 15, 2012 - 8:40PM #198
JCarlin

Jan 15, 2012 -- 12:20PM, SeraphimR wrote:

Who is the female Steve Jobs, btw?

Who is the male Steve Jobs, now that he is no longer around to save Apple?

J'Carlin
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Jan 19, 2012 - 9:53AM #199
NATAS

Jan 15, 2012 -- 12:42AM, SeraphimR wrote:

It is a burden if organizations end up promoting women to postitions of power simply to appease the feminists.

I have seen more organizations destroyed by promoting incompetent men to positions of power for sexist reasons than by promoting competent women.  In many types of organizations the female management style is much more effective than the male dominance model so common as a male management style. 

That is because there are more corporations run by men then there are by women.     

If the situation was reversed and there were more women running corporations then you would probably see more incompentent organizations destroyed by promoting incompetent women.  

Which type of organizations would be more effective if they were run by females? 

Which type of organizations would be more effective if they were run by males? 

Assuming there is a difference in management styles to the gender, which sounds a tad sexist, should women be promoted over men to run those organizations which would be more effectively run by women?  

Assuming there is a difference in management styles to the gender, which sounds a tad sexist, should men be promoted over women to run those organizations which would be more effectively run by men?

Who is the male Steve Jobs, now that he is no longer around to save Apple?

Is Apple the "type of organization" that is run better by a competent man or a competent woman? 

Or, "In order to succeed here a woman must be twice as competent as the best man. 

Fortunately, this is not difficult."

"Fortunately, this is not difficult" sounds a bit sexist. 

"In order for a black man to succeed here a black man must be twice a competent as the best white man.  I have seen more organizations destroyed by promoting incompetent white men to positions of power for racist reasons than by promoting competent black men. 

Fortunately it is not difficult. "

Other than African American civil rights organziatios I can't think of any type of organization that would run better by African American than by  Non-African Americans.     

I don't know if such organizations would be run by by African-American males than by female African Americans.    

If both statements that women must be twice as competent than men and black African American men must be twice as competent of White European males is true and not rhetorical polemics.    

Does it follow that black African Americans women must be FOUR times as competent as white European males

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jul 06, 2012 - 2:47AM #200
Estacia

I'm supirsed that this problem still exsists.

Why am I  suprised?

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 20 of 20  •  Prev 1 ... 15 16 17 18 19 20

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook