Page 16 of 17  •  Prev 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 Next
Switch to Forum Live View Sometimes, there ARE positive outcomes
3 years ago  ::  Nov 01, 2011 - 9:48PM #151
Erey

Nov 1, 2011 -- 9:35PM, Wanderingal wrote:

EREY--yes of course we mustn't make the Bigots "uncomfortable."

BTW--what's this sudden "social engineering" schtick?

You've accused just about everyone on this thread of it--today--when the ONLY poster saying it is YOU.

BTW2--you might want to brush up on the purpose and use of conjunctions like "and" in English before you try yet another strawman.

It's getting ludicrous--the number of lies you ty to tell about posts that are right here for everyone to read.

Lies, what lies???  You are the liar!

I will tell you what is an ugly nasty lie, that people that don't just welcome some kid with a penis into a girls' locker-room is the equivalent of hating black people,  that right there is an outrageous lie.

You can't think of one lie I said here, you are just scared and throwing out stuff

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Nov 01, 2011 - 10:02PM #152
jane2

You've accused just about everyone on this thread of it--today--when the ONLY poster saying it is YOU.

BTW2--you might want to brush up on the purpose and use of conjunctions like "and" in English before you try yet another strawman.

It's getting ludicrous--the number of lies you ty to tell about posts that are right here for everyone to read.

And you could brush up on good English discourse. You would not have done well in any English course I taught--no feel for language and absolutely no creativity.

Tell ya a story about a a parargrph written by one of my fave 7th graders. I gave a choice of topics, some creative and some not. Gavin chose a non-creative topic and this is approximately what he wrote on The Differences Between Plant and Animal Cells (about 50 yrs. ago):

Plant cells have chlorophyll. Animal cells do not. If animal cells had chlorophyll we would all look like the Jolly Green Giant. (One sentence short and full credit. Of course, Gavin was very gifted.)

You never have fun with your native language. You never seem to have any fun : that is dangerous for your life. Laughter is great medicine.

discuss catholicism
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Nov 01, 2011 - 10:10PM #153
Wanderingal

Nov 1, 2011 -- 9:48PM, Erey wrote:

I will tell you what is an ugly nasty lie, that people that don't just welcome some kid with a penis into a girls' locker-room is the equivalent of hating black people,  that right there is an outrageous lie.

You can't think of one lie I said here, you are just scared and throwing out stuff

LOL!

Do you know what "projection" is?

See my earlier post.....

BTW--your history of making things up and then accusing others of doing what you have been doing is well-known here.

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Nov 01, 2011 - 10:18PM #154
Erey

Nov 1, 2011 -- 10:10PM, Wanderingal wrote:

LOL!

See my earlier post.....

BTW--your history of making things up and then accusing others of doing what you have been doing is well-known here.

Wgal, show me the lies or shut up, it is that simple.  You can't so I am not expecting anything. 

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Nov 01, 2011 - 10:19PM #155
Erey

Nov 1, 2011 -- 10:10PM, Wanderingal wrote:

LOL!

See my earlier post.....

When some posters make an ass of themselves on a message board they try to hide thier lack of shame by accusing the other poster of being a liar.  It is a pathetic ploy don't you think?

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Nov 02, 2011 - 1:08AM #156
Wanderingal

EREY--

How does your above psot felate to how our society treats transgendered individuals?

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Nov 02, 2011 - 4:06AM #157
Wanderingal

Nov 1, 2011 -- 10:02PM, jane2 wrote:

And you could brush up on good English discourse. You would not have done well in any English course I taught--no feel for language and absolutely no creativity.

Tell ya a story about a a parargrph written by one of my fave 7th graders. I gave a choice of topics, some creative and some not. Gavin chose a non-creative topic and this is approximately what he wrote on The Differences Between Plant and Animal Cells (about 50 yrs. ago):

Plant cells have chlorophyll. Animal cells do not. If animal cells had chlorophyll we would all look like the Jolly Green Giant. (One sentence short and full credit. Of course, Gavin was very gifted.)

You never have fun with your native language. You never seem to have any fun : that is dangerous for your life. Laughter is great medicine.

And this relates to the topic of how our society treats transgendered individuals in what way?

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Nov 02, 2011 - 10:40AM #158
Erey

Nov 2, 2011 -- 1:08AM, Wanderingal wrote:

EREY--

How does your above psot felate to how our society treats transgendered individuals?

I am not sure what you are talking about Wgal, but you accused me of being a liar.  I am calling you on that!  Instead of weakly weasling out of that you should grow up and provide some proof.

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Nov 02, 2011 - 3:47PM #159
Yavanna

Nov 1, 2011 -- 4:12PM, TemplarS wrote:

I couldn't agree more, Cap-

But the reality is, how many parents really understand the issue and are educated enough to respond in this way?  I could make the same statement about school boards and administrators who aren't exactly the most progressive people around in a lot of places.

This is why I think what Chaz Bono did is so important.  You have to personalize the issue to get through to people.  Famous or not, he didn't have to put his life out there like he did. 

All true. +1

The dwarves of yore made mighty spells,
While hammers fell like ringing bells
In places deep, where dark things sleep,
In hollow halls beneath the fells.

For ancient king and elvish lord
There many a gloaming golden hoard
They shaped and wrought, and light they caught
To hide in gems on hilt of sword.
- J.R.R. Tolkien
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Nov 02, 2011 - 3:47PM #160
Yavanna

Nov 1, 2011 -- 4:36PM, jane2 wrote:

Nov 1, 2011 -- 3:28PM, DotNotInOz wrote:

It took me a while, but I get it.

People should only do what they feel comfortable doing.

Let's give drug or alcohol addicts all the drugs or booze they need to feel good.

Let's ship all LGBT people to an island so they can feel comfortable living however they wish, and all the straights can feel comfy not having to look at or deal with people "like that." Then, everybody can be comfortable.

After all, if people shouldn't have to change because doing so would be "intolerably uncomfortable," then we should never try to get anyone to change their attitude or behavior for their own betterment and that of others.

However, we know that change requires feeling uncomfortable, sometimes very uncomfortable, so that we can bring about what is right.

A tad simplistic.

This is a crusade for some here--fine. I see it as one of many problems needing solution. It's just a blip on my radar and that's okay, too. This board has become increasigly involved wth sexual orientation.

Many years ago when my husband and I were planning a 10-day trip to San Francisco some "friends" warned me about the "gay" community there. Wondered if they had eaten in Buckhead here or shopped high-end retail.

Reminds me I need to send my check to the Atlanta Mission for Thanksgiving dinners--something I can do--feed the hungry. I'll also be donating to the food bank drive at my local Publix.

Many of us do what we can about needs we see.

This conversation has nothing to do with sexual orientation or the gay community. Why bring it up?

The dwarves of yore made mighty spells,
While hammers fell like ringing bells
In places deep, where dark things sleep,
In hollow halls beneath the fells.

For ancient king and elvish lord
There many a gloaming golden hoard
They shaped and wrought, and light they caught
To hide in gems on hilt of sword.
- J.R.R. Tolkien
Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 16 of 17  •  Prev 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 Next