Page 17 of 17  •  Prev 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 17
Switch to Forum Live View Sometimes, there ARE positive outcomes
3 years ago  ::  Nov 02, 2011 - 3:59PM #161
Yavanna

Nov 1, 2011 -- 9:31PM, Erey wrote:

Nov 1, 2011 -- 2:54PM, Yavanna wrote:

Nov 1, 2011 -- 12:06PM, Erey wrote:

I just really hope that no trangendered child EVER turns to Yvanna, Reteach, Dot or MainCaptain for advocacy, because that will be the A-#1 WORST mistake such a child or the parent of that child could ever make. 

To engage someone who arrogantly tells parents to shut-up and let thier daughter shower with the girl with a penis and testicles  sounds like a horrendous way to create a positive childhood or any kind of acceptance.  Then to have the sanctimonious idiocy to prattle on about how it is the same as black girls and white girls showering together and those parents are big fat bigots for being concerned at all. 

Yeah that will really advance that poor transgendered child - NOT.

Then, where are the brains here?  Would anyone with an IQ above 2.5 points ever just throw a boy with a vagina into a boy's locker-room and tell the rest of the world to deal?   Would you really do that to a transgendered boy?

Do you care about children AT ALL?  Because I don't think you do. 

Is it so F*(king hard and beyond your thought processes to even temporarily empathize with the transgendered child and what might make EVERYONE most comfortable might be the very solution that would make the transgendered child ALSO most comfortable? 

Are you done making up nonsense and dramatic lies?

Maybe you'd like to blame us for the recession and hurrican Katrina? Maybe say how much we hate puppies, kittens and sunshine?

You are the one with the dramatic lies.  You started this nonsense with this stupid idea that anyone who is not immediately on-board and comfortable with sending a transgendered child into a locker-room situation is just a nasty bigot and the world has to just shut up and learn to deal with whatever deeply imbeded instincts they have against it.  OR, OR - they are bigots just like those mean people that would not let white and black girls shower together.

And now since I call you out on your arrogance you are making up more stuff????  Whatever

If you care about transgendered children, you will care about putting them in situations that people can be most comfortable with them - that probably would include some manuvering in locker rooms.  You would not want to use an innocent child- especialy one who is dealing with something difficult like transgender issues and use them for your self-important social engineering projects. 

1. I did not start any "nonsense". I did not state what you accuse me of staying. Nowhere did I say

"anyone who is not immediately on-board and comfortable with sending a transgendered child into a locker-room situation is just a nasty bigot and the world has to just shut up and learn to deal with whatever deeply imbeded instincts they have against it"

I corrected you at least once. You've chosen to ignore me and persist in misrepresenting my words. This is either through error or deliberate. I suspect it's through an error and that you're being emotional and hostile towards an idea you created and perceived I was proposing.

You've been corrected again. Please, try to be reasonable and move on.

2. Calling me arrogant is your own opinion based on your own incorrect perception. You are calling me arrogant for an idea you made, that I do not support, that you oppose.

I am not arrogant. I believe the appropriate word is "bewildered".

3. I do care about children, transgender or otherwise. As you've been recently learning about the topic, you may safely assume I have more personal knowledge and involvement with the community than you do. I am happy to know and be close friends with many in the community.

As I told you, the locker room situation is an ideal. It is not an immediate proposal. The latter is your own misconception that you've been attacking me for. I don't have self-important social engineering issues. You have created them in your own mind for me to have and chosen to set yourself against your own construct.

Do you just want to fight or what?

The dwarves of yore made mighty spells,
While hammers fell like ringing bells
In places deep, where dark things sleep,
In hollow halls beneath the fells.

For ancient king and elvish lord
There many a gloaming golden hoard
They shaped and wrought, and light they caught
To hide in gems on hilt of sword.
- J.R.R. Tolkien
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Nov 02, 2011 - 4:15PM #162
Wanderingal

Yavanna--hi.

I know there was a lot of "controversy" stirred up about Chaz Bono on the dance reality show. I had heard him say in several interwviews before he decided to do that show how shy he was all his life.

What touched me was how he decided to do something so high profile in otrder to let pople see that he is just another human being--IE--to see the human face of this issue.

I can't imagine being that strong myself but I can imagine how many people have had their ideas changed and how many people who have suffered from being in the wrong body have been inspired by his courage in putting aside his own "comfort" in order to help more people on the path of accepting diversity and acceptance for all.

What a guy.

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Nov 02, 2011 - 4:51PM #163
TemplarS

WGal, agreed.

I watched some of DWTS (under a bit of duress).  You know, Chaz Bono is not really a very good dancer, which made it doubly hard for him.  And I am sure, at the start, a lot of people were looking at him as oh, yeah, just another celebrity flake. There's a danger, that when you put yourself out there in that sort of situation, it can all go very badly wrong, and you end up damaging yourself.  But you know, he was exactly what he needed to be: himself.  And at the end, I think he won a lot of friends, not as any kind of symbol for anything, but simply by being a guy displaying great character in  the face of adversity.  Wonderful!

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Nov 02, 2011 - 5:12PM #164
Wanderingal

templar--I agree that Chaz is not a very good dancer but after all is said and done I think that jst makes him more "human" for those whose "idea" of transgendered individuals going into the Chaz/Dancing situation is that "Those people" are not quite human or not human in the same way as "us normal people are."

To me his vulnerablity--and his willingness to expose his vulnerablility is what makes his actions so "heroic."

(I hope the DWTS experience wasn't too painful for you overall. Some like it an some don't. It's a matter of personal taste and preference but I am glad you saw Chaz's "outreach."

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Nov 02, 2011 - 7:51PM #165
TemplarS

Nov 2, 2011 -- 5:12PM, Wanderingal wrote:

(I hope the DWTS experience wasn't too painful for you overall. Some like it an some don't. It's a matter of personal taste and preference but I am glad you saw Chaz's "outreach."

(I watch it because my wife does; but yes, I enjoyed Chaz, and I do actually enjoy some of the others.  But then again, they always have to go and throw a Kardashian or two in, half of the so-called celebrities I've never heard of- who is this Carson, Elisabetta whoever, Kristin Cavalleri?- Nancy Grace is a jack__s;  and then, as if the dancing show isn't enough you have to sit through another agonizing hour of the "results show" and listen to Justin Beaber or whoever).

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Nov 09, 2011 - 4:03PM #166
rangerken

This thread was moved from the Hot topics Zone

Libertarian, Conservative, Life member of the NRA and VFW
Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 17 of 17  •  Prev 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 17

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement