3 years ago  ::  Oct 07, 2011 - 4:25PM #1
Shadow_Seeker
Hey all, this is a question for those in the transgender community. I'm just wondering how you view transgenderists, those that switch from being their anatomical sex to being the sex they feel they really are, on a continuous basis. Like, one day being "male", and then the next being "female"?

I've heard stories where some trans people get mad at transgenderists as if they aren't transgender at all, just like some lesbians and gays reject bisexuals for not being "gay" enough.

It's hard enough for me to be a gay male and not being accepted, but I feel like I may be transgenderist, and I really don't want to be rejected by the transgender community as well.

Any responses would be greatly appreciated! Thanks! 
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Oct 07, 2011 - 8:10PM #2
REteach

Sorry, I can't help you. I have never heard of sexual identity cycling rapidly.  :)

I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize what you heard was not what I meant...
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Oct 07, 2011 - 11:02PM #3
Shadow_Seeker

Oh, okay. Sorry, I should have been more clear, I don't mean literally switching from "male" to "female" one day after the other, but more like over a long period of time. Also, I've just recently heard of the term transgenderist, so I will say I need to do somemore research on it, but I wasn't sure if anyone else had heard of the term before and might know something about it. 

Thank you for your response though!

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Oct 08, 2011 - 11:55AM #4
REteach

Looks to me like it means someone who feels they are in the wrong body but are comfortable with that body and don't feel the need to change it.  I would defer to someone who actually fits the description though.

I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize what you heard was not what I meant...
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Oct 08, 2011 - 3:29PM #5
darcamani

Hi.

I think the word you may be looking for is "gender bender" or "2 spirit". Some refer to this as "androgyny'.  

This means having the characteristics and or body parts of male and female stuff.  This may include attitude, cross dressing, role playing and much much more!  It does not require therapy, hormone treatment nor surgery.

I fit in this catagory.  I easily switch from masculine to feminine, in dress, attitude and wonder. 

I was even beaten when some folk mistook me for a gay man. Fag bashing .  They kicked this lezzies ass!

Homophobia sucks!

In court the males that beat me said they thought I was a gay man, they would not have hurt me if they knew I was a woman!  They would have raped me instead!  That is what us lesbians need.  A good..... NOT!  Anyway..

Transgender is something entirely different.

This is a real psychological and physical disconnect that requires all of the above and then some. What did those who are trans do efore technology helped?  Some held sacred office, some sold their souls and some simply could not handle the whole thing and died trying.

The term "transgenderist" is new to me.  The trans folk I know do not play with this at all.

I am naturally androgynous.  I would never dare change my body  to fit my brain, those who do, are not joking!

Dar

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Oct 09, 2011 - 3:09PM #6
mainecaptain

I can not begin to understand the extreme pain of someone who feels they were born in the wrong body.

I have always been what I am, comfortable not always, but not because I am female. Although to be honest with you. I do not feel female or male. And The way I dress, well it is more handyman's special. I must look like a girl though, I have never been mistaken for a guy, that I know of.

I am always fascinated by women who say they feel like a women, I just feel like me, and am fortunate enough to be quite happy with that. But not particularly women.

I have never heard the expression transgenderist before. I can not even image what that would be.

A tyrant must put on the appearance of uncommon devotion to religion. Subjects are less apprehensive of illegal treatment from a ruler whom they consider god-fearing and pious. On the other hand, they do less easily move against him, believing that he has the gods on his side. Aristotle
Never discourage anyone...who continually makes progress, no matter how slow. Plato..
"A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives" Jackie Robinson
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Jan 06, 2012 - 2:06AM #7
Genocon

I've never heard of the word "transgenderist" but I have heard of "genderfluid," which is when a person has a varying gender identity over time (can be day to day or over longer periods).

(hello to anyone who may remember me, it's been a while)

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Jan 06, 2012 - 5:35PM #8
mainecaptain

Jan 6, 2012 -- 2:06AM, Genocon wrote:

I've never heard of the word "transgenderist" but I have heard of "genderfluid," which is when a person has a varying gender identity over time (can be day to day or over longer periods).

(hello to anyone who may remember me, it's been a while)

I remember you, Welcome back ((((((Geno))))))Laughing

A tyrant must put on the appearance of uncommon devotion to religion. Subjects are less apprehensive of illegal treatment from a ruler whom they consider god-fearing and pious. On the other hand, they do less easily move against him, believing that he has the gods on his side. Aristotle
Never discourage anyone...who continually makes progress, no matter how slow. Plato..
"A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives" Jackie Robinson
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Jan 09, 2012 - 1:49AM #9
Genocon

Hey maine!

Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook