Switch to Forum Live View Rock Band Openly Mocks Westboro
3 years ago  ::  Sep 19, 2011 - 9:23AM #1
Ironhold
link

Westboro was going to protest a Foo Fighters song that they felt encouraged homosexuality, so in turn the Foo Fighters donned some costumes and staged an impromptu concert to protest them.

Cool, eh?
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Sep 19, 2011 - 9:51AM #2
DotNotInOz

"Right on!" I say.

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Sep 19, 2011 - 10:05AM #3
TPaine

Sep 19, 2011 -- 9:23AM, Ironhold wrote:

link

Westboro was going to protest a Foo Fighters song that they felt encouraged homosexuality, so in turn the Foo Fighters donned some costumes and staged an impromptu concert to protest them.

Cool, eh?

The Phelps cult should learn that when the Ku Klux Klan thinks you're too extreme it may be time to reassess your position. Link

"The genius of the Constitution rests not in any static meaning it might have had in a world that is dead and gone, but in the adaptability of its great principles to cope with current problems and current needs." -- Justice William Brennan: Speech to the Text and Teaching Symposium at Georgetown University (October 12, 1985)
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Sep 20, 2011 - 2:29PM #4
Erey

I doubt the people of Westboro care at all.

The fooFighters are welcome to put their artisitc talents to creating more money and publicity for themselves -  which is what I would do given the golden opportunity of Phelps clan protesting me. 

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Sep 24, 2011 - 1:05AM #5
mytmouse57

Doesn't Westboro have anything better to do than think about homosexuality all day long?

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Sep 24, 2011 - 1:48AM #6
Habala?!

Sep 19, 2011 -- 9:23AM, Ironhold wrote:

link

Cool, eh?

Even knowing how much you hate evangelicals, I'm a bit surprised to see you posting this video here.

Anyways, kudos to the Foo Fighters.

"When you walk, you might like to take the hand of a child. She will receive your concentration and stability, and you will receive her freshness and innocence." -Tich Naht Hanh
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Sep 24, 2011 - 8:16PM #7
Erey

Sep 24, 2011 -- 1:05AM, mytmouse57 wrote:

Doesn't Westboro have anything better to do than think about homosexuality all day long?

According to some sources they like to think about the money they make winning lawsuits when they provoke either violence or something like it in the people they offend.

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Sep 29, 2011 - 8:59PM #8
mytmouse57

Sep 24, 2011 -- 8:16PM, Erey wrote:

Sep 24, 2011 -- 1:05AM, mytmouse57 wrote:

According to some sources they like to think about the money they make winning lawsuits when they provoke either violence or something like it in the people they offend.

Maybe they should think about orpaned children.

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Sep 30, 2011 - 4:53AM #9
DotNotInOz

What's really sad and incomprehensible to me is the complete turnaround Fred Phelps seems to have made from his years of building a strong reputation as a civil rights lawyer in the 1970's. Phelps defended black people in discrimination cases when few others would, and often pro bono, from what I heard of him when I lived in Kansas.

I suppose he views homosexuality as a sinful choice demanding repentance whereas one is born black. So many with his vehemence toward gays regard it that way.

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Oct 07, 2011 - 11:51AM #10
Merope

This thread was moved from the Hot Topics Zone.

Merope | Beliefnet Community Manager
Problems? Send a message to Beliefnet_community
Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook