Switch to Forum Live View Libertarian conservative point of view?
3 years ago  ::  Sep 07, 2011 - 1:01PM #1
rideronthastorm
I dont agree with this point of view however if conservatives could at leaste get to this point of thinking I think there would be somewhaqt less hate in the world so Id like to bring it up as a point of view that could be held by conservatives BUT NOT BY ME. I dont believe Homosexuality is sin.

I have been to some Libertarian meetups who spoke about Homosexuality and were conservative. They believe that the problems with America is big governemnt and that the government is involved way too much with our lives. They dont believe homosexuality is right they believe from a personaly perspective its sin. However on the subject of homosexual marriage they voted yes for it because they believe that governemnt has no business being involved with the persola lives of us telling us who and how we can marry. they dont argue or talk or debate about with homosexuals or believe in telling homosexuaqls its wrong or preaching about it because even though they believe its a sin they also believe that as an american homosexuals have a right to be here and have a right as an american to practice their sexuality as they see it so they dont have the right to  hate or tell gays not to be gay.

I mean if your gonna believe its sin and NO I DONT agree with that but can we at leaste come to the conclusion that as Americans we all have the right to choose and do what we want with our own private sexual lives and marry who we want?Big Government rules our lives too much anyways how much more of this can we stand?
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Sep 07, 2011 - 5:27PM #2
REteach

Some conservative Republicans have also started realizing they can't be for small government and regulate what adults do in their bedrooms and who consenting adults want to marry.

I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize what you heard was not what I meant...
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Sep 08, 2011 - 12:24PM #3
Do_unto_others

rider, your post reflects the entire Prop 8 trial and its findings. It doesn't (well, it SHOULDN'T) matter - to the GOVERNMENT - if anyone's beahviour is considered a "sin" by someone ELSE'S religion. America 'promises' freedom of religion - to ALL its citizens, so it doesn't/SHOULDN'T matter (even to Republicans or Teapublicans) since someone else's private lives are none of their business.

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Sep 08, 2011 - 2:32PM #4
mainecaptain

One of the problems is that too many people seem to think,  other people's private lives is their business.

A tyrant must put on the appearance of uncommon devotion to religion. Subjects are less apprehensive of illegal treatment from a ruler whom they consider god-fearing and pious. On the other hand, they do less easily move against him, believing that he has the gods on his side. Aristotle
Never discourage anyone...who continually makes progress, no matter how slow. Plato..
"A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives" Jackie Robinson
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Sep 08, 2011 - 4:18PM #5
Yavanna

Sep 8, 2011 -- 2:32PM, mainecaptain wrote:

One of the problems is that too many people seem to think,  other people's private lives is their business.

The great conservative hypocrisy. Keep government out of their lives, but keep it in as many other people's as possible.

The dwarves of yore made mighty spells,
While hammers fell like ringing bells
In places deep, where dark things sleep,
In hollow halls beneath the fells.

For ancient king and elvish lord
There many a gloaming golden hoard
They shaped and wrought, and light they caught
To hide in gems on hilt of sword.
- J.R.R. Tolkien
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Sep 12, 2011 - 11:45AM #6
Do_unto_others

Sep 8, 2011 -- 4:18PM, Yavanna wrote:

Sep 8, 2011 -- 2:32PM, mainecaptain wrote:

The great conservative hypocrisy. Keep government out of their lives, but keep it in as many other people's as possible.

+ 1.

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Sep 25, 2011 - 11:42PM #7
MMarcoe

Sep 7, 2011 -- 1:01PM, rideronthastorm wrote:

I mean if your gonna believe its sin and NO I DONT agree with that but can we at leaste come to the conclusion that as Americans we all have the right to choose and do what we want with our own private sexual lives and marry who we want?Big Government rules our lives too much anyways how much more of this can we stand?

That's what these libertarian conservatives are already doing, isn't it? Your post seems to me to already be saying that.

1. Extremists think that thinking means agreeing with them.
2. There are three sides to every story: your side, my side, and the truth.
3. God is just a personification of reality, of pure objectivity.
Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook