Switch to Forum Live View Homosexuality: Not A "Free" Choice (From Scripture of the Christian Bible)
3 years ago  ::  Sep 06, 2011 - 8:42PM #1
Shayker5

The scripture states that being homosexual is only “unclean” to a person that feels in their spirit that being homosexual is “unclean.” So if a person does not feel homosexuality is “unclean,” then homosexuality is not “unclean” to that person. This is true for all so-called “unclean” acts.

Romans 14: 14
14 I know, and am persuaded by the Lord Jesus, that there is nothing unclean of itself: but to him that esteemeth any thing to be unclean, to him it is unclean.

The scripture states that God makes some to honor and others to dishonor. Thus, it is not a man’s “free” choice to honor or dishonor God as God has made some for honor and others for dishonor.

Romans 9: 21
21 Hath not the potter power over the clay, of the same lump to make one vessel unto honour, and another unto dishonour?

Jesus states that you should judge for yourselves what is right. However, this does not mean to judge others on what is right or wrong. It simply means you should judge what is right and wrong for yourself. So, being homosexual may be right for one person and wrong for another person. It all depends on how each individual person feels about being homosexual, and not about how others feel about being homosexual.

Luke 12: 57
57 “Why don’t you judge for yourselves what is right?”

Moderated by Merope on Sep 07, 2011 - 10:59AM
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Sep 07, 2011 - 12:47PM #2
rideronthastorm

Well of course I agree with you however Id have to say most who think the bible is perfectly true and considers it to say homosexuality a sin will say its bull and your reading too much into it. But to me the most convincing is the last and that Jesus said it. Personally I dont believe that the bible is perfectly true but to me the words of JESUS are the most perfect in the bible and its interesting and important to me that he did say that and also that he really didnt say anything about homosexuality being a sin himself.

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Sep 07, 2011 - 1:50PM #3
Shayker5

I agree with you that most Christians will disagree with me, but those Christians must understand that they are really disagreeing with scripture taken directly from the Christian Bible as everything I discuss on this forum and in my book, "The Good News: How Revealing Delusions In Christianity Will Bring Peace to All," is backed 100% by scripture.  Here are some other excerpts from the book that prove the points that God Saves All and that Christianity's "eternal punishment" is a man-made, untrue doctrine. 

The scripture states that EVERY MAN’S work shall be tried by fire in the Day of Judgment. Hence, EVERY PERSON will be judged. Scripture states that a man’s work will either bring him a reward, or a man’s work will make him suffer loss. However, the scripture goes on to state that even the man that suffers loss and does not receive a reward will still be saved. Clearly, ALL MEN will be judged, and ALL MEN will be SAVED.

I Corinthians 3: 13-15

13 Every man’s work shall be made manifest: for the day shall declare it, because it shall be revealed by fire; and the fire shall try every man’s work of what sort it is. 14 If any man’s work abide which he hath built thereupon, he shall receive a reward. 15 If any man’s work shall be burned, he shall suffer loss: but he himself shall be saved; yet so as by fire.

The scripture states that the Son of man shall reward EVERY MAN according to his works. Once again, the scripture does not state that the Lord will reward every believer, but EVERY MAN. Thus, EVERY MAN is saved as EVERY MAN is rewarded. It is not plausible for a man to be rewarded by being sent to an eternal punishment.

Matthew 16: 27

27For the Son of Man shall come in the glory of his Father with his angels; and then He shall reward every man according to his works.

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Sep 07, 2011 - 3:32PM #4
rideronthastorm

I agree with you one hundred percent! i dont believe in hell and Id like to hear more of what this book says!I like to encourage conservatives to take positive steps though towards being anithate even if theyre not on our side. I do know of some conservatives who are Libertarian who even though they believe Homosexuality is sin they also believe Big Governemnt is wrong and vote for Gay marriage to be legalized and believe the government has no business telling us who to sleep with and who to marry and will fight for your right to be homosexual even if they dont agree.

I also know some Quakers who are passivist who are also cosnervative Evangelical, they may belief its sin but tehy wont talk or preach or fight about it and they love everyone regardless,Id like to see more of that type of behavior coming from conservatives if we cant show them the light.

But I do agree with you 100 percent!!!!!!!theres alot of scriptures which seem to contradict the idea of hell.

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Sep 07, 2011 - 3:43PM #5
Shayker5

I am happy to hear that! My main motivation for writing the book was to give people, who know in their heart (spirit) that present-day Christianity is wrong on a lot of issues, a resource with multiple scriptures and a public figure who understands the true, good news that Jesus came to convey on this earth over 2000 years ago.  Let's spread the word! I promise you that reading my book is the most positive thing someone who is searching could do for themselves.  I have all of the information on my profile.  The book is only $3.95 on the Amazon Kindle, $5.00 from my official website, and for sale at Amazon.com, Barnes & Noble, Books-A-Million, and OutskirtsPress.com

Thank you for the positive comments!  After you read the book, then I would really appreciate any reviews that you could put on Amazon.com or anywhere for that matter.  I've learned that reviews are one of the best ways to market your book!

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Sep 08, 2011 - 3:56AM #6
Aussiesoul

Shayker I agree with the ideas you have put forward even though I have not read your book. I left the Church because I could not understand the doctrine of salvation- the idea that you must accept Christ in order to be saved(whatever that means). I saw truth in other religions and came to the belief that God's love for us is unconditional, that he desires all of us to come to him without threat of any eternal punishment. As for homosexuality I could never understand why who someone chooses to love should be something God would condemn when there are so many other things in our world such as hunger, poverty and ineqality that should concern God more. This subject is mentioned only twice in the bible and a closer reading of the story of David and Jonathan in the old Testament when in his grief at Jonathan's death David wrote that "Your love was greater to me than any woman" would seem to suggest a deep and perhaps sexual relationship between them. I guess many positions can be backed up by a selective reading of scripture.

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Oct 18, 2011 - 11:38AM #7
Do_unto_others

Bumped because this should be read and understood by many, many more people.

My thanks to the OPer.

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Oct 28, 2011 - 3:17AM #8
Nicko

Sep 6, 2011 -- 8:42PM, Shayker5 wrote:

The scripture states that being homosexual is only “unclean” to a person that feels in their spirit that being homosexual is “unclean.” So if a person does not feel homosexuality is “unclean,” then homosexuality is not “unclean” to that person. This is true for all so-called “unclean” acts.

Romans 14: 14
14 I know, and am persuaded by the Lord Jesus, that there is nothing unclean of itself: but to him that esteemeth any thing to be unclean, to him it is unclean.

The scripture states that God makes some to honor and others to dishonor. Thus, it is not a man’s “free” choice to honor or dishonor God as God has made some for honor and others for dishonor.

Romans 9: 21
21 Hath not the potter power over the clay, of the same lump to make one vessel unto honour, and another unto dishonour?

Jesus states that you should judge for yourselves what is right. However, this does not mean to judge others on what is right or wrong. It simply means you should judge what is right and wrong for yourself. So, being homosexual may be right for one person and wrong for another person. It all depends on how each individual person feels about being homosexual, and not about how others feel about being homosexual.

Luke 12: 57
57 “Why don’t you judge for yourselves what is right?”

Thanks mate this really helps in more ways than you know!!!

God bless you mu friend

Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook