Page 1 of 2  •  1 2 Next
Switch to Forum Live View Yet ANOTHER Anti-Gay Activist Judge Makes a Fool of Himself Legally
3 years ago  ::  Aug 23, 2011 - 4:06PM #1
Do_unto_others

Houston judge limits rights of gay father

"

A Houston judge entered an order on June 24 which prohibits a father from leaving his children alone with any man they aren’t related to “by blood or adoption.” Because there was no allegation of abuse in the case, family law practitioners say the order is an unheard of infringement on the rights of parents and a judicial condemnation of the fact that the man, William Flowers, is not only gay but married to his partner, Jim Evans.

William and Jim were married on March 19 of last year in Connecticut, one of seven states which recognize same-sex unions. It was a second marriage for both.

When William and his ex-wife divorced in 2004, they agreed that their three children would live with her. Wanting to change the arrangement, William recently filed for custody in Harris County. A jury found that she should keep the kids, though his regular visitations would continue. Neither William nor his ex-wife alleged that the children had been abused or were in any danger of being abused.

Following the trial, Harris County Associate Judge Charley E. Prine, Jr. issued a ruling which included an injunction applicable only to William. It prohibits him from leaving his children alone with any male to whom the kids are not related by “blood or adoption.” So if, for example, William wants to visit his mother in the hospital (where she’s been for several weeks), he can’t leave his kids at home with his husband. As written, the injunction also prohibits male doctors, teachers and pastors from being alone with the children."

More of this insanity detailed in the Houston Chronicle at link:

blog.chron.com/partisangridlock/2011/08/...

Discuss.

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Aug 23, 2011 - 4:36PM #2
Do_unto_others

Come on folks ... defend this a-hole judge.

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Aug 23, 2011 - 4:52PM #3
MMarcoe

Aug 23, 2011 -- 4:36PM, Do_unto_others wrote:

Come on folks ... defend this a-hole judge.

We can't. Even Rick Perry can't defend him, though he's probably snickering inside.

1. Extremists think that thinking means agreeing with them.
2. There are three sides to every story: your side, my side, and the truth.
3. God is just a personification of reality, of pure objectivity.
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Aug 23, 2011 - 5:04PM #4
Girlchristian

Why would anyone want to defend him?

"No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible." George Chakiris

“For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible.” Stuart Chase
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Aug 23, 2011 - 5:13PM #5
Do_unto_others

Why, because of 'good Christian principles' that he seems to be upholding.

Why, because Texas is a backward-lovin' State.

Gosh, GC, there's SOOO MANY reasons. Ask your fellow "Christians".

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Aug 23, 2011 - 7:31PM #6
Erey

Texas might be "backwards" but Texas leads the nation on gay headed families with children.  So more gays with children want to live in Texas than any other state. 

I will defend Texas.  Not the judge and I don't know what you have agaist Christianity.  Try getting your  atheistic soviet judges to agree to letting a gay man leave his children alone with a husband/trusted lover. 

Moderated by Stardove on Aug 23, 2011 - 09:13PM
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Aug 24, 2011 - 8:13AM #7
Do_unto_others

Aug 23, 2011 -- 7:31PM, Erey wrote:

Texas might be "backwards" but Texas leads the nation on gay headed families with children.  So more gays with children want to live in Texas than any other state. 

"want to live" there? Stuck living there, perhaps.

I will defend Texas.

That's an odd thing to do, considering your 'statistic' ("Texas leads the nation on gay headed families with children"). ALL of those myriad families have absolutely NO legal protections for those children - because of Texas's antedeluvian policies. The parents have NO legal rights. Their children get NONE of the legal benefits that children of betterosexual parents do. And you defend this? That figures.

I don't know what you have agaist Christianity. 

What this judge did has NOTHING to do with "Christianity". It has a LOT to do with ignorance and hate, though.

Try getting your  atheistic soviet judges to agree to letting a gay man leave his children alone with a husband/trusted lover. 

This isn't about "Societ" anything. It's about America, the land of the not-so-FREE.

DO BETTER!

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Aug 24, 2011 - 2:03PM #8
Sacrificialgoddess

Wait.  I think my brain just blue screened. 

Does this mean they can't go to school?  There are plenty of male teachers, and I would think that having two dozen other children wouldn't count. I would think the courts would still see that as leaving the children alone with a male who is not a relative.

Dark Energy. It can be found in the observable Universe. Found in ratios of 75% more than any other substance. Dark Energy. It can be found in religious extremists, in cheerleaders. To come to the conclusion that Dark signifies mean and malevolent would define 75% of the Universe as an evil force. Alternatively, to think that some cheerleaders don't have razors in their snatch is to be foolishly unarmed.

-- Tori Amos
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Aug 24, 2011 - 2:10PM #9
mainecaptain

Aug 24, 2011 -- 2:03PM, Sacrificialgoddess wrote:

Does this mean they can't go to school?  There are plenty of male teachers, and I would think that having two dozen other children wouldn't count. I would think the courts would still see that as leaving the children alone with a male who is not a relative.

This is an excellent point, I hope this man's lawyers think of it.

It means he can't hire a babysitter who is male, a nanny, a teacher, even a doctor, or nurse. he would not even be allow to let his child be in alone in the presence of a police officer or fire"man"

The land of the not so free is sadly right. Bigots in high power do us no good at all.

A tyrant must put on the appearance of uncommon devotion to religion. Subjects are less apprehensive of illegal treatment from a ruler whom they consider god-fearing and pious. On the other hand, they do less easily move against him, believing that he has the gods on his side. Aristotle
Never discourage anyone...who continually makes progress, no matter how slow. Plato..
"A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives" Jackie Robinson
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Aug 24, 2011 - 2:26PM #10
TPaine

Aug 24, 2011 -- 2:10PM, mainecaptain wrote:

Aug 24, 2011 -- 2:03PM, Sacrificialgoddess wrote:

This is an excellent point, I hope this man's lawyers think of it.

It means he can't hire a babysitter who is male, a nanny, a teacher, even a doctor, or nurse. he would not even be allow to let his child be in alone in the presence of a police officer or fire"man"

The land of the not so free is sadly right. Bigots in high power do us no good at all.

Not to mention if his pastor is male he couldn't leave the boy with him either. Nor could he leave him with the "Hon." Judge Charley Pride. It's almost beyond belief that an Associate Judge in a Family Court could be so ignorant.

"The genius of the Constitution rests not in any static meaning it might have had in a world that is dead and gone, but in the adaptability of its great principles to cope with current problems and current needs." -- Justice William Brennan: Speech to the Text and Teaching Symposium at Georgetown University (October 12, 1985)
Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 1 of 2  •  1 2 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook