Page 2 of 2  •  Prev 1 2
Switch to Forum Live View Where to Find the Wit (and Wisdom) in the Gay Marriage Debate
3 years ago  ::  Aug 23, 2011 - 1:36PM #11
theprophetofpop

The point is that one of the major criticisms of gay marriage is that homosexual couples can't raise a family, or wouldn't be fit parents.  At least I suppose that was what the poster was getting at, they were really just responding to a point that hadn't been made.

Since church and state are separated (to the betterment of the church and everyone, by the way) it makes little sense to me that there is a debate about this.  How exactly does gay marriage negatively impact anyone?  The only debate should stay within the church walls.

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Aug 23, 2011 - 4:38PM #12
Do_unto_others

"How exactly does gay marriage negatively impact anyone?"

It doesn't, other than the married couple.

"The only debate should stay within the church walls."

We can only hope.

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Aug 23, 2011 - 4:40PM #13
Do_unto_others

Aug 18, 2011 -- 11:08AM, Do_unto_others wrote:

Aug 13, 2011 -- 9:42AM, Fodaoson wrote:

Aug 4, 2011 -- 7:17PM, Do_unto_others wrote:

And they're very good thoughts, too. Too bad they don't pertain to the topic, which is not parenthood but rather marriage.

Thanx anyway.

It does; gay marriage is establshment of a family, families  adopt children, and here is a need for family for children.  A married gay couple is a indication of  committement to family 

If you had only typed, "SOME families adopt children", I could have agreed with you. Again, I urge you to read the title of the thread and stick to it. WE are discussing the institution of marriage, not the institution of parenthood.

Plus, I am married and have no children. Not ALL "families  adopt children".

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 2 of 2  •  Prev 1 2

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook