Switch to Forum Live View NY Celebrates "Life, Liberty and the Pursuit of Happiness"
3 years ago  ::  Jul 24, 2011 - 1:20PM #1
Wanderingal
Just a warning to conservs--and MBachmann and her husband--

--that New York state as of midnight started celebrating the Founders' wish for ALL Americans to be able to enjoy Life, Liberty and the Pursuit of happiness when the first Gay Marriages were celebrated in that important state.

Watch out Michelle and Marcus--your wet dream of "Praying away the Gay" is being overrun by TRUE American values....
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Jul 24, 2011 - 7:15PM #2
REteach

Yes!

I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize what you heard was not what I meant...
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Jul 25, 2011 - 12:27PM #3
Do_unto_others

From today's Globe and Mail:

"77 and 85"

"The ages of Phyllis Siegel and Connie Kopelov, the first same-sex couple to marry in Manhattan. Ms. Kopelov arrived in a wheelchair and stood with the assistance of a walker."

Kind of shows the LIE promulgated by the 'right' about the so-called "gay lifestyle", soesn't it?

I bet TENAC (et al)  thinks these two typify the promiscuous, bar-hopping/bed-hopping, orgy-driven, drug-fueled "lifestyle" that it seems most self-described "Christians" seem to believe we live.

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Jul 25, 2011 - 6:05PM #4
REteach

I got kind of teary reading some of the stories in the paper this morning.  A good kind of teary. 

I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize what you heard was not what I meant...
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Jul 27, 2011 - 3:03PM #5
TPaine

My congratulations to the State of New York for finally doing what is proper by recognizing the right of all their citizens to marry the individual of their choice. Hopefully, the 9th Circuit will soon affirm Judge Vaughn Walker's correct decision to overturn Prop 8 so California can return to the 21st century.

"It is always to be taken for granted, that those who oppose an equality of rights never mean the exclusion should take place on themselves." -- Thomas Paine: Dissertations on First Principles of Government (July 7, 1795)
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Jul 27, 2011 - 4:25PM #6
IreneAdler

Jul 27, 2011 -- 3:03PM, TPaine wrote:

My congratulations to the State of New York for finally doing what is proper by recognizing the right of all their citizens to marry the individual of their choice. Hopefully, the 9th Circuit will soon affirm Judge Vaughn Walker's correct decision to overturn Prop 8 so California can return to the 21st century.

Hear ! Hear!

Irene.

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Jul 27, 2011 - 11:46PM #7
Do_unto_others

An observation: interesting how, when  a topic moves to these sexual threads ghettos, they cease to be "Hot Topics". Or even "News".

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Jul 28, 2011 - 9:56PM #8
mainecaptain

Jul 27, 2011 -- 11:46PM, Do_unto_others wrote:

An observation: interesting how, when  a topic moves to these sexual threads ghettos, they cease to be "Hot Topics". Or even "News".

I've noticed, what a shame :(

A tyrant must put on the appearance of uncommon devotion to religion. Subjects are less apprehensive of illegal treatment from a ruler whom they consider god-fearing and pious. On the other hand, they do less easily move against him, believing that he has the gods on his side. Aristotle
Never discourage anyone...who continually makes progress, no matter how slow. Plato..
"A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives" Jackie Robinson
Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook