Page 1 of 5  •  1 2 3 4 5 Next
Switch to Forum Live View The "Christian" Attitude
3 years ago  ::  Jun 16, 2011 - 5:10PM #1
Do_unto_others
"A storm of protest has erupted in a small, eastern Kentucky city after a complaint that a worker at a city-owned pool cited the Bible as authority that “gay people” weren’t allowed to swim there and forced two intellectually disabled gay men to leave.

.Mending Hearts Executive Director Shirlyn Perkins said in its complaint that "the Pavilion staff immediately entered the pool area and asked my clients and their staff to leave the Pavilion. My staff asked The Pavilion staff why ... and they were informed that 'gay people' weren't allowed to swim there."

The complaint went on to say that a male pavilion staff member "stated that what he was doing was in the Bible and he could do it."

Ah yes, John 3:16 states emphatically that god don't want no queers in public swimming pools.

A perfect reason to love the "Christian" but hate the "Christianity". Haters the lot of 'em.

More at:

www.680news.com/news/world/article/24141...

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Jun 16, 2011 - 5:15PM #2
mainecaptain

I am too furious to make a coherent comment, but the employee should be fired not transferred. IMHO

A tyrant must put on the appearance of uncommon devotion to religion. Subjects are less apprehensive of illegal treatment from a ruler whom they consider god-fearing and pious. On the other hand, they do less easily move against him, believing that he has the gods on his side. Aristotle
Never discourage anyone...who continually makes progress, no matter how slow. Plato..
"A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives" Jackie Robinson
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Jun 16, 2011 - 5:17PM #3
mecdukebec

Was it also a "whites only" pool?

"Wesley told the early Methodists to gain all they could and save all they could so that they could give all they could. It means that I consider my money to belong to God and I see myself as one of the hungry people who needs to get fed with God’s money. If I really have put all my trust in Jesus Christ as savior and Lord, then nothing I have is really my own anymore."
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Jun 16, 2011 - 5:19PM #4
Do_unto_others

If you read some of the many stories about this incident, the people of that State seem to think it was a blatant display of sexuality and that it should have been stopped. ("Not in front of my children!!!")

A developmentally challenged kid put his arm around the shoulders of a friend and the 'religious' reich throws a conniption fit.

And the wonder why I call 'em "haters". Idjits!

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Jun 16, 2011 - 5:21PM #5
Christianlib

I wonder if it was anything like when Bush strolled hand in hand with a Saudi Prince?

Democrats think the glass is half full.
Republicans think the glass is theirs.
Libertarians want to break the glass, because they think a conspiracy created it.
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Jun 16, 2011 - 5:30PM #6
Ur2

The Saudi Prince didn't object. And to think, in his religion Gays are simply eliminated.

Maybe you don't really know what your speaking of?

Thanx,

Ur2 

Health is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

The next best thing to being clever is being able to quote someone who is.

"Truth is mighty and will prevail. There is nothing the matter with this, except it ain't so."
Samuel Langhorne Clemens
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Jun 16, 2011 - 5:32PM #7
mecdukebec

Jun 16, 2011 -- 5:19PM, Do_unto_others wrote:

If you read some of the many stories about this incident, the people of that State seem to think it was a blatant display of sexuality and that it should have been stopped. ("Not in front of my children!!!")

A developmentally challenged kid put his arm around the shoulders of a friend and the 'religious' reich throws a conniption fit.

The Bible has been used to justify slavery, women as to be redeemed through childbirth (1 Timothy 2.14), etc. What's to stop folks from keeping "the gays" in "mixed bathing" areas? cf.
Romans
1.24: I don't buy it, of course, but religious prejudice is abundant, and can find anything to stop the simple command that we love as Jesus loved.

Moderated by Merope on Jun 16, 2011 - 08:42PM

"Wesley told the early Methodists to gain all they could and save all they could so that they could give all they could. It means that I consider my money to belong to God and I see myself as one of the hungry people who needs to get fed with God’s money. If I really have put all my trust in Jesus Christ as savior and Lord, then nothing I have is really my own anymore."
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Jun 16, 2011 - 5:44PM #8
mainecaptain

Jun 16, 2011 -- 5:19PM, Do_unto_others wrote:

Its true, the developmentally disable tend often to be affectionate. They innocently hug and cuddle, not realizing the perverts in the area, are reading it the wrong way and have fits about it. It is an ugly mind that reads every type of  affection as sexual.

A tyrant must put on the appearance of uncommon devotion to religion. Subjects are less apprehensive of illegal treatment from a ruler whom they consider god-fearing and pious. On the other hand, they do less easily move against him, believing that he has the gods on his side. Aristotle
Never discourage anyone...who continually makes progress, no matter how slow. Plato..
"A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives" Jackie Robinson
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Jun 16, 2011 - 5:45PM #9
mainecaptain

Jun 16, 2011 -- 5:21PM, Christianlib wrote:

I wonder if it was anything like when Bush strolled hand in hand with a Saudi Prince?

That's okay, he is a republican, they can do anything they like and no one says diddly squat about it

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Jun 16, 2011 - 5:52PM #10
voice-crying

Real Christians don't discriminate against anyone. 

"Death and life [are] in the power of the tongue: and they that love it shall eat the fruit thereof."Proverbs 18:21
Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 1 of 5  •  1 2 3 4 5 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook