Switch to Forum Live View We're going to the chapel and we're gonna get married....
3 years ago  ::  Mar 26, 2011 - 5:36PM #1
Zavist

Yes I am proud to announce that my fiance and I are getting married next year in may. I live in california (were it is unfortunately illegal...onhold...or whatever its not there yet is all i know until they make up their minds in the supreme court) but regardless of this we are still having our cerimony in california. I have found my soulmate and he is everything I could have ever hoped for in a man as a lover, a friend and my other half. We get the critisizims, you know the ones about how marriage is a sacred union ment for hetersexuals and blah blah blah....but you know what I always say to those people? I say: "The love my fiance and I have for eachother is stronger than the hate and ignorance in your hearts" and its true, against all odds we have been through so much and now....now we are getting married!

To other homosexuals out there, especially to the youth that are being bullied, hang in there. Do not let the hate of others cloud the love you have. Have love for yourself. Be proud of yourself. You were born to be brave (to semi-quote Lady Gaga). Stand tall and know that love goes beyond color, sex or religion. Love is limitless when its true and if you know yr love is true then you have nothing to fret about.

May many bright blessings be upon you all!

-Zavist-

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Mar 26, 2011 - 7:15PM #2
REteach

Here is one heterosexual going on 33 years of marriage who says "congratulations!" I hope you are as in love after 33 years as we are.  If you do it right, what you have now will be a pale version of what your love will grow into.

Good luck! 

I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize what you heard was not what I meant...
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Mar 26, 2011 - 9:24PM #3
mainecaptain

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

A tyrant must put on the appearance of uncommon devotion to religion. Subjects are less apprehensive of illegal treatment from a ruler whom they consider god-fearing and pious. On the other hand, they do less easily move against him, believing that he has the gods on his side. Aristotle
Never discourage anyone...who continually makes progress, no matter how slow. Plato..
"A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives" Jackie Robinson
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Mar 26, 2011 - 10:11PM #4
Yavanna

Congratulations! =)

The dwarves of yore made mighty spells,
While hammers fell like ringing bells
In places deep, where dark things sleep,
In hollow halls beneath the fells.

For ancient king and elvish lord
There many a gloaming golden hoard
They shaped and wrought, and light they caught
To hide in gems on hilt of sword.
- J.R.R. Tolkien
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Mar 31, 2011 - 10:50AM #5
TPaine

Great post, Zavist.

Like REteach I'm another heterosexual that fully supports your right to marry the person you love. Congratulations!

"When it shall be said in any country in the world, my poor are happy; neither ignorance nor distress is to be found among them; my jails are empty of prisoners, my streets of beggars; the aged are not in want, the taxes are not oppressive; the rational world is my friend, because I am a friend of its happiness: When these things can be said, then may the country boast its constitution and its government." -- Thomas Paine: The Rights Of Man (1791)
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Apr 01, 2011 - 7:41PM #6
Slipnish

Eh, I figure homosexuals have just as much right to be miserable as us heterosexuals.  Marry on, I say.

I don't believe it. Prove it to me and I still won't believe it.

~Any Creationist~
(But honestly Douglas Adams)

"Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'" - Isaac Asimov
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Apr 02, 2011 - 2:21PM #7
Do_unto_others

Zavist, I would add my congratulations but ...

You say: "we are still having our cerimony in california"

May I humbly suggest that, until the situation in CA is settled, you go some place and do it LEGALLY?  Canada comes to mind.

I DO wish you both all happiness, but why not go where you are respected?

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Apr 04, 2011 - 6:48AM #8
darcamani

Congrats!  I do agree with DUO  tho, go and make it happen and live where it is Legal and you are fully respected.  

Dar

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Apr 04, 2011 - 7:59AM #9
REteach

Still legal in Iowa, too!

I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize what you heard was not what I meant...
Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook