Switch to Forum Live View Wicca and Homosexuality
3 years ago  ::  Mar 23, 2011 - 10:19PM #1
Zavist
In all the faiths I have studied Wicca is the only one that has no dogmas against homosexuality or any other minority group for that matter. Wicca opens its arms to the homosexual community since Wicca is a faith of love, true compassion and individuality. If you are a homosexual and are looking for a faith that will not only empower you but give you the since of love and community you are looking for then here are some book suggestions:

"Sons of the Goddess" by christopher penzack

"Gay Witchcraft" by christopher penzack

"The Spiral Dance" by Starhawk

"Wicca for the Solitary Practioner" by Scott Cunningham

"Modern Magick" by Donald Micheal Craig
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Mar 30, 2011 - 11:17PM #2
Steven_A

Mar 23, 2011 -- 10:19PM, Zavist wrote:

In all the faiths I have studied Wicca is the only one that has no dogmas against homosexuality or any other minority group for that matter. Wicca opens its arms to the homosexual community since Wicca is a faith of love, true compassion and individuality. If you are a homosexual and are looking for a faith that will not only empower you but give you the since of love and community you are looking for then here are some book suggestions:

"Sons of the Goddess" by christopher penzack

"Gay Witchcraft" by christopher penzack

"The Spiral Dance" by Starhawk

"Wicca for the Solitary Practioner" by Scott Cunningham

"Modern Magick" by Donald Micheal Craig

I think it's great that you've found a spiritual path that you're happy with, and one that reaches out to the LGBT community. However, Wicca isn't the only option. I go to a Center for Spiritual Living (New Thought) that is also completely accepting, and as far as I know the New Thought movement has never had any dogmas against homosexuality. The same can be said of Unitarian Universalism and certain traditions of Buddhism and Hinduism. So there are lots of options for homosexuals.

Btw, I'm currently reading a Wiccan book called "Wicca 404: Advanced Goddess Thealogy" by Esra Free. I like it a lot. It's very interesting and does a great job exploring some of the more advanced metaphysical concepts that many of the introductory books leave out.

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Mar 31, 2011 - 12:06PM #3
mainecaptain

Zavist that authors you have listed are really good IMO, most Pagan faiths are more open to humanity as a natural state of being. All being part of the divine, whether you are hard or soft polytheist.

Good luck on your path, and much happiness to you.

Blessed be

A tyrant must put on the appearance of uncommon devotion to religion. Subjects are less apprehensive of illegal treatment from a ruler whom they consider god-fearing and pious. On the other hand, they do less easily move against him, believing that he has the gods on his side. Aristotle
Never discourage anyone...who continually makes progress, no matter how slow. Plato..
"A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives" Jackie Robinson
Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook