Page 2 of 2  •  Prev 1 2
Switch to Forum Live View Homosexuality - The Bible, Jesus, His People, & Science: My View
4 years ago  ::  Dec 14, 2010 - 12:49AM #11
Yavanna

Dec 13, 2010 -- 8:59PM, Do_unto_others wrote:

Yvanna, do you always pick fights for the sake of fighting?

Mabe J&D could have a "civil" union. ;{O)

Who's picking a fight? Tongue out

The dwarves of yore made mighty spells,
While hammers fell like ringing bells
In places deep, where dark things sleep,
In hollow halls beneath the fells.

For ancient king and elvish lord
There many a gloaming golden hoard
They shaped and wrought, and light they caught
To hide in gems on hilt of sword.
- J.R.R. Tolkien
Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Dec 17, 2010 - 4:52PM #12
datinker

Thoroughly the most ridiculous set of posts I've ever seen.  People are trying to make Jonathon and David, brothers-in-laws twice over; Ruth and Naomi, mother-in-law/daughter-in-law and trying to make EVERYTHING good and decent into something perverse.  'Gotta try to make the Bible into evil reading material, I get it.

I just don't like it.

datinker

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Dec 17, 2010 - 5:34PM #13
Yavanna

Dec 17, 2010 -- 4:52PM, datinker wrote:

Thoroughly the most ridiculous set of posts I've ever seen.  People are trying to make Jonathon and David, brothers-in-laws twice over; Ruth and Naomi, mother-in-law/daughter-in-law and trying to make EVERYTHING good and decent into something perverse.  'Gotta try to make the Bible into evil reading material, I get it.

I just don't like it.

datinker

Evil? David killed a man and stole his wife. That's not evil? Lot's own daughters got him drunk and raped him. That's not evil? I could go on until my fingers cramped. Your definitions of evil need a bit of fine tuning.

The dwarves of yore made mighty spells,
While hammers fell like ringing bells
In places deep, where dark things sleep,
In hollow halls beneath the fells.

For ancient king and elvish lord
There many a gloaming golden hoard
They shaped and wrought, and light they caught
To hide in gems on hilt of sword.
- J.R.R. Tolkien
Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Dec 28, 2010 - 11:14AM #14
Do_unto_others

I just don't like it.

datinker

1. Being gay is NOT "perverse".

2. J & D WERE lovers, according to the words we have left to us. They hid out in the mountains away from both parents, stripped naked, and then "kissed one another until Jonathan 'exceeded'". (Some Biblical scholars translate the word 'exceeded'  as 'had an orgasm'.) David even said Jonathan's love was "great, passing the love of women".

3. How this is "evil" I do not understand.

4. What you happen to "like" is irrelvant to the proof we are given.

5. I agree with Yavanna, your definition of "evil" needs some tuning.

6. 'tink' some more.

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Dec 28, 2010 - 3:01PM #15
TPaine

I just don't like it.

datinker,

IMO,  the only people who make the Bible into evil reading material are those  who use it as tool to substantiate intolerance of those you consider  licentious. Since when has bigotry been either good or decent?

"The genius of the Constitution rests not in any static meaning it might have had in a world that is dead and gone, but in the adaptability of its great principles to cope with current problems and current needs." -- Justice William Brennan: Speech to the Text and Teaching Symposium at Georgetown University (October 12, 1985)
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Jan 21, 2012 - 9:29AM #16
SophmoreBoy
Wow this makes you think twice...im 16 and im a sophmore in high school and ive known i was gay since the 7th grade...when i told my mom she freaked the hell out and said some things that i wouldnt ever say to my child...and reading this was just really cool i really enjoyed reading this
Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 2 of 2  •  Prev 1 2

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook