4 years ago  ::  Nov 24, 2010 - 7:45PM #1
mainecaptain

Happy Thanksgiving, I just wanted to make sure to say Happy and healthy and safe thanks giving to all my friends who frequent this board. Be well my friends

A tyrant must put on the appearance of uncommon devotion to religion. Subjects are less apprehensive of illegal treatment from a ruler whom they consider god-fearing and pious. On the other hand, they do less easily move against him, believing that he has the gods on his side. Aristotle
Never discourage anyone...who continually makes progress, no matter how slow. Plato..
"A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives" Jackie Robinson
Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Nov 24, 2010 - 7:57PM #2
Yavanna

Thanks, Maine. Happy returns from me as well!

The dwarves of yore made mighty spells,
While hammers fell like ringing bells
In places deep, where dark things sleep,
In hollow halls beneath the fells.

For ancient king and elvish lord
There many a gloaming golden hoard
They shaped and wrought, and light they caught
To hide in gems on hilt of sword.
- J.R.R. Tolkien
Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Nov 24, 2010 - 9:44PM #3
REteach

Happy Thanksgiving to all, too!  Baked 5 pies, my turkey is cooked and cut up, I am ready to go!

I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize what you heard was not what I meant...
Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Nov 25, 2010 - 1:00PM #4
The_Maven

I hope all have something good to eat and some pleasant company.

My thanksgiving consists of incredible food and my favorite people - all the immediate family, including 2 people who were adopted into the family many years ago after we met on Beliefnet. :-) 

We will laugh a lot and eat too much.

Everyone brings their dogs, who all get along.

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Nov 25, 2010 - 1:04PM #5
mainecaptain

Oh Maven that sounds wonderful.

And Reteach,  I want a piece of PIE! Laughing

A tyrant must put on the appearance of uncommon devotion to religion. Subjects are less apprehensive of illegal treatment from a ruler whom they consider god-fearing and pious. On the other hand, they do less easily move against him, believing that he has the gods on his side. Aristotle
Never discourage anyone...who continually makes progress, no matter how slow. Plato..
"A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives" Jackie Robinson
Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Nov 26, 2010 - 9:20AM #6
darcamani

Hi everyone, and happy day after. :) 

We had a lovely day, the two of us, love, patience a sence of humor and swedish meatbals were created and celebrated.  I made 2 stocks, 1 ham and one beef. 2 broths, mushroom and veggie. 

We often cook together, are foodies and what a luxery cooking together on a very rare Thursday, with no kids, no phone, 1 working radio with 1 station. I am very thankful the music was a fun mix of 70's through now, so we danced too.

I do not know what happened to the phones... Innocent

Leftovers... lol. swedish meatballs.  no turkey.  no tofurkey.  and fresh chickpeas, no mashed potatoes.  I will take care of that situation shortly.   I am going to make beans and greens with the ham stock, and G.L. has dibs on the beef for a Vietnamese soup called Pho.  She might make pot stickers, yum, from scratch.

I am thankful every day, I am able to walk without a cane. stand upright and dance :) First thanksgiving in years. My boys are with their dad and granma, uncle aunt and a fairly new cousin.  My boys made a cranberry sauce, found a pretty antique jar made in the city where their dad  family is from.  Very cool.

Dar

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Nov 26, 2010 - 1:05PM #7
Yavanna

I worked, but I was thankful to be around people that were happy to be with me instead of around unappreciative family. Cool

The dwarves of yore made mighty spells,
While hammers fell like ringing bells
In places deep, where dark things sleep,
In hollow halls beneath the fells.

For ancient king and elvish lord
There many a gloaming golden hoard
They shaped and wrought, and light they caught
To hide in gems on hilt of sword.
- J.R.R. Tolkien
Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Nov 26, 2010 - 2:33PM #8
mainecaptain

Nov 26, 2010 -- 1:05PM, Yavanna wrote:

I worked, but I was thankful to be around people that were happy to be with me instead of around unappreciative family.

As long as your time is spent, being enjoyed, it does not matter if it is home or work. Smile

Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook